Story of Seasons: A Tale of Two Towns+ Announced for 3DS

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I still hope they release this in the US. It's not the best game ever, but it introduced me to Harvest Moon. I will always be grateful. The freshness system was annoying though.
luph n joii
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

ToTT was released near the end of DS lifetime, so I can Marvelous trying to recycle the game to a newer console (that being said, 3DS almost reached the end of its lifetime as well...). It also probably did not take too much work if they used Natsume's port as a base.

I can't see it being released in the NA unless it contains significant improvements - by that, I mean easier gameplay, fixed the dumb 1 expansion per season thingy aka artifically lengthening the gameplay, new animals and/or marriage candidate, etc. But even then, I'm not too fond of ToTT premise to begin with that I probably wouldn't get it again.
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

Looks like they added a new theme song to the game, sung by a pair of twins to go with the twin village theme, and a new boxart design, but basically it's the same as the 3DS English version. Same characters, same animals, etc.

I don't see Marvelous releasing this in English, as there's no need for it. This is for players in Japan who didn't pick up the DS version and who have 3DS consoles (as well as a way to make some money off of existing material).
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

They could localize it again if they feel like being petty :P

I would serve as a nice social experiment if they did though.

If they released it, new localization and name, but exact same game otherwise, lag and all (I believe you can see the game lag a bit in the video when the girl waters a large trench)... Would people suddenly like it more?
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:They could localize it again if they feel like being petty :P

I would serve as a nice social experiment if they did though.

If they released it, new localization and name, but exact same game otherwise, lag and all (I believe you can see the game lag a bit in the video when the girl waters a large trench)... Would people suddenly like it more?
I might get it again solely for the localization. I'm curious how much Natsume changed, and it would be nice for a comparison.
Beedlebud
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

New localization would be interesting but I don’t think it’s worth the work unless they’re hiding some big new feature.

I didn’t hate ToTT but I remember that this was the game where Marvelous started to get on my nerves with how they artificially lengthen their games.
SurvivorTAR
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'm sorry cause it really doesn't goes here, but i don't know what do they say in this tweet, can someone translate it? Cause I just read something about Switch xD
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

SurvivorTAR wrote:I'm sorry cause it really doesn't goes here, but i don't know what do they say in this tweet, can someone translate it? Cause I just read something about Switch xD
According to Google Translate, they are now confirming themselves they are publishing a game to the Switch
Kam
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

i feel like localizing this game would be a legal nightmare. releasing a port/remake of a game originally released by a different publisher seems way more difficult to navigate the copyright intricacies of than just a couple of characters whose names could be easily changed
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

?????

Confused is one thing definitely.
white66

Post  Posted:

Kam wrote:i feel like localizing this game would be a legal nightmare. releasing a port/remake of a game originally released by a different publisher seems way more difficult to navigate the copyright intricacies of than just a couple of characters whose names could be easily changed
And even if they did go through the hassle of all this, it seems like a waste of money and time
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It'd need to be as cheap as the one we currently have too, which is basically the cheapest most accesible harvest moon right now, specially during Natsume's sales.
white66

Post  Posted:

Does anyone know why the plus version wasn't released in Japan in the first place? I mean, Japan is Marvelous' target audience
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I always assumed Natsume had handled all the porting process in-house. But to be honest I have no idea.
Kam
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

there are a number of reasons i can think of:
1. the main reason natsume made a 3ds port of tott was because the ds version came out near the end of that system's lifespan, and they were worried it might not sell very well. it came out much earlier in japan, so mmv didn't have that problem.
2. iirc, by the time the 3ds version of tott came out, anb had already been announced, so they might've wanted to focus more of building up hype for the new game
3. iirc, the 3ds port of tott came out within month or two of the ds version in the us, but it would've been about a year after the ds version in japan, and they probably would've (likely rightly) figured that not enough people would be interested in buying the same game two years in a row to make it worth it

so it could be any of those, or a combination of the three, or none of it