What makes AP so fun?

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
Samansu
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Lin wrote:Naw but I don't really like looking stuff like that up.
Whoops! Sorry if I spoiled then! ;~; But really the buying a pot and making herb tea thing is just a useful pro-tip. This game is super nice in that the majority of power berries are given naturally without having to hunt! Just hang in there and it will get better!
Lin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Samansu wrote:
Lin wrote:Naw but I don't really like looking stuff like that up.
Whoops! Sorry if I spoiled then! ;~; But really the buying a pot and making herb tea thing is just a useful pro-tip. This game is super nice in that the majority of power berries are given naturally without having to hunt! Just hang in there and it will get better!
Alright thank you! Also I found the Bo thing funny... -.- I only realized on day 9 that you can actually buy milk and strawberries from the store. I managed to buy more than I was expecting to early on, already got a duckling, chick, and two calfs.
Samansu
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

lol riiip Well you got him his food so it's all good! ^-^

Oh! What color calves did you get? I usually pic the black or brown cow personally! ^-^ Woot for chicks and ducklings! I love the animal designs in this game! They are all so cute! :heart:

How far in are you?
Lin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Samansu wrote:lol riiip Well you got him his food so it's all good! ^-^

Oh! What color calves did you get? I usually pic the black or brown cow personally! ^-^ Woot for chicks and ducklings! I love the animal designs in this game! They are all so cute! :heart:

How far in are you?
I'm at like day 10 or 11, took a break because I should study today... (Learning Chinese). I picked the black one because I know the shop sells the black and white ones. Yeah the animals are cute but wondering when they grow up. xD;
Samansu
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Lin wrote:
Samansu wrote:lol riiip Well you got him his food so it's all good! ^-^

How far in are you?
I'm at like day 10 or 11, took a break because I should study today... (Learning Chinese). I picked the black one because I know the shop sells the black and white ones. Yeah the animals are cute but wondering when they grow up. xD;
Oh nice! You are moving along well! ^-^ Yeah the default colors are the only ones sold, but you can get other colors from breeding! I always try to do that to get the diff colors! ^-^

And yeah it takes a bit for them to grow up. Hang in there! ^-^ :heart:
Genie9
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

So I was someone who actually hated AP with a burning passion. I couldn't really get into it, and I felt like everything was a drag, and took forever. I picked it up a couple of summers back, and created short term goals for myself within the game in order to complete my overall long terms goals (get married, have children, etc) and the game became so much better. It does suffer pacing issues, but it's important to understand that sleeping at 10am is perfectly acceptable, and to not do everything in one day. I think the best thing to do is get the circus animals unlocked so you can warp around the map quickly and to get a horse to get to places quickly.

As a whole, AP is an astounding game and worth the time and effort. It has one of the best casts, the best setting, some of the most beautiful graphics in an HM/SoS game, rival marriages (with amazing rival children), random events, a decent story to progress through, and a lot of options. It makes sense as to why the days take so long because there is a lot to do, and a lot that could be done within a day, but it's really important to break it a part to speed things up.

Good luck, and hopefully you enjoy playing.