Light of Hope: Steam version impressions/discovery thread

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

For Dewey to appear you must first visit Doc in his house. Which means you need to build it.

Yeah, the game has "it could be clearer about that" moments.
Ayriel123
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:For Dewey to appear you must first visit Doc in his house. Which means you need to build it.

Yeah, the game has "it could be clearer about that" moments.
I'd forgotten about the multi harvest thing until you mentioned it.
SakunoHaru
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Kross lover/fan wrote:^
Once you unlock the beach, Edmond loves seashells.
I never gave him any on my gems lol.
Oh neat! Also do you really need to give a food to Cyril? I feel bad for him he literally stand in front of house for 1 day waiting for a food lol

Just finished repair doc house now, and currently investing my bell peppers to Gareth

Another funny thing, I got Nova request for a flour, yet she mentioned about a restaurant while I haven't unlocked restaurant yet :lol:
Runey39
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

SakunoHaru wrote:
Oh neat! Also do you really need to give a food to Cyril? I feel bad for him he literally stand in front of house for 1 day waiting for a food lol

Just finished repair doc house now, and currently investing my bell peppers to Gareth

Another funny thing, I got Nova request for a flour, yet she mentioned about a restaurant while I haven't unlocked restaurant yet :lol:
Why won't you give him food? lol. I think that's needed to continue with the character.
SakunoHaru

Post  Posted:

Runey39 wrote:
SakunoHaru wrote:

Why won't you give him food? lol. I think that's needed to continue with the character.
I thought you need to give him food items (cooked items) yet I was wrong, giving him a vegetable is enough
Runey39
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

SakunoHaru wrote:
Runey39 wrote:
SakunoHaru wrote:

I thought you need to give him food items (cooked items) yet I was wrong, giving him a vegetable is enough
Yep! It's kinda like when Cliff collapses on your farm on N64. Except, Cliff was a one time event. You were just out of luck if you didn't have anything in your bag at that moment.

I just completed the story. I'm working on my animals and getting all the improvements to my tools. I have Edmond at 3 music notes and he's been there a while. I've seen the three events, so I'm just waiting to see how the other date festivals are. The fireworks festival was pretty cute. Hope everyone is enjoying the game! I know I am.
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Me right now. :lol:
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Well...it’s Fall 8th in my game and I just finished the whole story line.
Actually I could’ve done it back in Summer but silly me didn’t know that I could catch yellow perches in Summer and I didn’t realize I could save scum right before sheering the sheep until later:/

Now I’m not sure what to do ^^’
I don’t really care about mutations so I guess all that’s left is marriage.
I wish there was an after storyline. Like in RF4
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You could marry Dean for me since I can’t? /killed

Seriously. The only reason I’m not playing this game is that I can’t find the charger to my old windows laptop.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Lol okay Shan. In my second file I’ll marry Dean ;)
I’m going after Edmond in my first file<3

Edit: Anyone know how long it takes the poitou donkey to grow up? I bought it and my sheep at the same time. My sheep has been fully grown for a while now but my donkey is still a baby.

Edit 2: Nvm, it FINALLY grew up. I guess it just takes longer because it’s a special breed?
SakunoHaru

Post  Posted:

On spring 23, finally 'unlocking' the goddess, now I just need to make strawberry jam, and searching for a Jade

Which floor is for Jade? I'm already at floor 26 atm
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Donkeys take a whole full month to grow.
Runey39
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

SakunoHaru wrote:On spring 23, finally 'unlocking' the goddess, now I just need to make strawberry jam, and searching for a Jade

It's somewhere around there. I usually start at 16 or so and save right before I go into the mine if I'm looking for a particular gem. I did this while I was farming for mithril-- but that was later int he mine. Jade should be around there, it's just basically RNG. Sometimes you'll find a boatload, and then other times you find any at all. Good luck!

Holy bananas do a lot of crops grow in fall! Gives me something to do while I patiently wait for Edmond to fall in love with me. He still isn't past 3 music notes. I'm wondering if I'm missing something.
SakunoHaru

Post  Posted:

Runey39 wrote:
SakunoHaru wrote:On spring 23, finally 'unlocking' the goddess, now I just need to make strawberry jam, and searching for a Jade

It's somewhere around there. I usually start at 16 or so and save right before I go into the mine if I'm looking for a particular gem. I did this while I was farming for mithril-- but that was later int he mine. Jade should be around there, it's just basically RNG. Sometimes you'll find a boatload, and then other times you find any at all. Good luck!

Holy bananas do a lot of crops grow in fall! Gives me something to do while I patiently wait for Edmond to fall in love with me. He still isn't past 3 music notes. I'm wondering if I'm missing something.
Do you already finished all of his request? My Edmond already at 4th on summer

Apparently you can't use great flower for doc quest, I have 2 Jade's, 1 great pink rose, and 90 stones, yet I can't trigger his quest =_= what a bum
Runey39
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

SakunoHaru wrote:
Runey39 wrote:

Do you already finished all of his request? My Edmond already at 4th on summer

Apparently you can't use great flower for doc quest, I have 2 Jade's, 1 great pink rose, and 90 stones, yet I can't trigger his quest =_= what a bum
I was actually about to say that I just completed Edmond's fifth request and then his music note automatically filled to 4. So you must have to fulfill a certain amount of requests before you can fill a music note on someone. Pretty cool!

It's a pain that some quests you can use better quality items, and then others you can't ;/