Light of Hope: Steam version impressions/discovery thread

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
Ayriel123
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Not sure why but it reminds me of Magical Melody a little bit
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

:lala: I am happy that LoH has multi farming and the time stops indoors! I am super glad they added a mine as well :lala:
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Magic characters *poof* into existense with smoke and all when they are supposed to be somwhere.

Regular characters? They simply fade in.

Like really, wait for 10 am near the flower shop. Carol and Dean just materialize outside the house. :lol:

About magical melody, the grass texture in this game is kinda similar to the one in MM and IoH.
Pokiehl
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Really frustrated that the game requires one pink rose to advance main story and it's a spring only flower.
I got this quest on like the 29 of spring and now I have to wait the full year before I can advance again, they should have used only crops that grow all year long.

Other than that, I'm quite enjoying the game, I'm midway through Fall, just upgraded my watering can and hoe to the 3x3 size, now I can start working on mutations without wasting the entire day watering the fields.
Also need to go further than 50 floor of mine so I can get some adamantite, but something tells me I will need the tier 3 hammer for that, so might as well wait until winter until I can plant the blue roses.

I wish you could just place the barn in your pockets and place your livestock under "cryosleep" like in previous game, I'm already bothered having to care for them every day but don't want to neglect them to the point of sickness.
Last edited by Pokiehl on Nov 16, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Pokiehl wrote:Really frustrated that the game requires one pink rose to advance main story and it's a spring only flower.
I got this quest on like the 29 of spring and now I have to wait the full year before I can advance again, they should have used only crops that grow all year long.

Other than that, I'm quite enjoying the game, I'm midway through Fall, just upgraded my watering can and hoe to the 3x3 size, now I can start working on mutations without wasting the entire day watering the fields.
Also need to go further than 50 floor of mine so I can get some adamantite, but something tells me I will need the tier 3 hammer for that, so might as well wait until winter until I can plant the blue roses.

I wish you could just place the barn in your pockets and place your livestock under "criosleep" like in previous game, I'm already bothered having to care for them every day but don't want to neglect them to the point of sickness.
I'm not actually playing the game so I could be wrong, but I believe I read that you can grow crops out of season, but you have to baby them a bit/use fertilizer on them (possibly every day?)
Again I'm not sure about the details since I'm not playing it myself, but it might be worth looking into if you want to progress the story sooner!
Pokiehl
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Ehppy wrote:
Spoiler:
Pokiehl wrote:Really frustrated that the game requires one pink rose to advance main story and it's a spring only flower.

I wish you could just place the barn in your pockets and place your livestock under "criosleep" like in previous game, I'm already bothered having to care for them every day but don't want to neglect them to the point of sickness.
I'm not actually playing the game so I could be wrong, but I believe I read that you can grow crops out of season, but you have to baby them a bit/use fertilizer on them (possibly every day?)
Again I'm not sure about the details since I'm not playing it myself, but it might be worth looking into if you want to progress the story sooner!
It was possible on previous games, the plant would just take more time to grow if it's outside the season, but in this game all the ones I tried so far have ended in wilted weed.
But thanks for the advice, I will try to plant it and fertilize it everyday to see what happens.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yes, plants that aren't in their liked seasons require regular fertilizing to survive.

I'm not sure if it's a daily thing, but being careful can't be a bad thing. Specially if you only want one.

Sudden changes in temperature (season changes) will instantly kill all plants though. Unless the new season is one they like. So prepare in advance.
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Apparently fishing is great money.
Mothership
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Anyone else have their game freeze? Just happened to me. Was in Sofia's House heading towards the door when it froze. Music still played, the dog was still running around, but none of the controls worked so I had to close the game. Lost a half day of work, so I'm going to start saving more often.

Other than that, I'm having a lot of fun playing this game :)

For out-of-season crops I've been fertilizing them daily. It's Summer now and my strawberries lived long enough for several harvests and my Cosmos all reached full bloom. So it can be done.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No crashes so far.
Pokiehl
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Mothership wrote:Anyone else have their game freeze? Just happened to me. Was in Sofia's House heading towards the door when it froze. Music still played, the dog was still running around, but none of the controls worked so I had to close the game. Lost a half day of work, so I'm going to start saving more often.

Other than that, I'm having a lot of fun playing this game :)

For out-of-season crops I've been fertilizing them daily. It's Summer now and my strawberries lived long enough for several harvests and my Cosmos all reached full bloom. So it can be done.
I'm having a ton of crashes, usually when I start a new session from turned off pc, then they stop after 2 or 3 crashes.
It's really annoying, I created the habit of saving every 2 minutes to avoid wasting too much work.
Runey39
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Kanne1985 wrote:
Runey39 wrote:
Getaris wrote:I love how he teases the other two mages.

I fixed all the houses in the main part of town, and got a chicken for my newly renovated coop. Things are moving smoothly.

Also I'm working on getting the tool upgrades. I'm starting to see that the axe one will be really important to unlock the rest of the buildings.
Shan O 123 wrote:Signing up to steam can’t be this difficult.
Once you download the desktop app, it should be really straight forward.

And it will be a good way to get many great games for your computer, not just this one.
I JUST upgraded my axe and hammer. I babied some cosmos in summer and got the required amount of those to upgrade it. I'm looking forward to upgrading all the other stuff, including my house!
How did you get cosmos in Summer? When I planted cosmos in summer they all died. And yes I did wather them every day.

I used fertilizer on all of them every single day. That's the only way to make them live.
Runey39
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Kanne1985 wrote:
Runey39 wrote:
Runey39 wrote: Also: It looks like every single character has a "heart event" each level of their friendship. So far, I haven't really been able to advance anyones affection past what friendship event I've seen of theirs. I don't know if it's just because advancing friendship is more difficult (I've started to give gifts ever day to everyone), or if it's because of the events. Either way, it's really adding a lot of depth to these characters that I wasn't expecting and it's fantastic.
That's all I know about it. haha. Every single person has events whether it's friendship or romantic. The second event I just had with edmond, he eluded to getting to know me better before he told me more about himself. ;3 The event happens every music note that's filled, since that is what replaces the hearts.
How did you get those two?
I replied to the thread you created.
Pokiehl
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Where/when to get olive flounder?
I got a cyril request stuck on this.
Ayriel123
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

There was a minor update:
We have just released an updated version that fixes a few minor issues including the default key settings.

Here is the new default key assignments:

W = Up
A = Left
S = Down
D = Right
X = Action
C = Cancel
Space = Rucksack
Q = Tabs Left
E = Tabs Right

Note: This doesn’t change your key assignments if you have already manually changed them.
Note: Key configuration is also available from the Options Menu.

We hope everyone enjoys the game and we're always reading the Community Hub, so don't hesitate to leave feedback!