Bokumono for Switch: What you would like to see?

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
white66
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:I hope that they do something completely different from ANB/3oT. Whether that be something very new/different or just more reminiscent of older titles. The fun of HM games for me has never been grinding and collecting a ton of materials which is the only aspect that those games that really stick out to me. Also customization, but I don't care about customization much in a game where everything looks ugly. I'm hoping the game is actually visually appealing and has an aesthetic other than eye burning. Didn't mean to make this a post hating on ANB/3oT but I've been waiting for a new mainline game I like for 10 years now.
I agree with a lot of this, the crafting system was fresh when ANB but now i'm personally getting a little tired of the entire gameplay depending on. I appreciate Marvelous trying something new but I hope the next game will go in a different direction, visually and mechanically.
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

A thing about crafting is it's popular. It's good when done right/in the right game, and not as much when not, but honestly the same can be said of open world and a lot of games seem to want to use that even if they aren't sure what makes it good or how to execute it properly in their game because they're using a one-size-fits-all formula. i'm not saying they don't know what makes crafting great btw, but they might be using too much of a one-size and since it's a popular concept not sure if it's going away anytime soon.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Because I have loved the three most recent games and not cared for anything older, I'm kind of nervous at the idea of them changing too much now that they're sliding over to a new console. I like the crafting and pretty much everything that was added/changed when Marvelous merged with AQ Interactive and Liveware in 2011 and became Marvelous AQL. (Maybe the team changed a lot around that time and that's why the last three games have felt different than previous ones? That happened in 2011 and ANB...the first bokumono I really liked...came out in 2012. So I always thought that maybe it was because the team that makes the games was added to or changed around that time.)

We're still dealing with the same team, but the shift in console could potentially bring about a lot of change. We'll no longer have double screens, for one thing, so menus and maps will have to work differently. And the game can now be played on the TV screen so it's got to be higher def and personally I think the art style will have to change at least a little...can you imagine those googly-eyed portraits we have on our wee 3DS screens stretched out to the size of an entire television? I have a small television but some people have HUGE ones...imagine Iluka's face bigger than your own, with eyes the size of your fist!

Well, I suppose they don't have to change the style, but the 3DS style doesn't really feel like it will fit well on a television screen, to me. I love portraits to see faces and expressions clearly (especially for when you're playing in handheld mode), so I don't want them to disappear, but I guess we'll see. Eventually. The first peek of the game is going to be the one thing I'm definitely sticking around to see, this time...I have just GOT to see the new art style, since I'm so invested in that sort of thing. Though I don't plan to follow as closely this time, otherwise...I feel like I got over-saturated with how closely I followed pre-release news on Trio.

I've just got my fingers crossed that whatever they change will be stuff I'll like. :) I mean, individual things can change and seem like a bad thing, but if all the changes work together well and the game is fun, then of course I'll be happy.

EDIT: it would be neat to be able to have 3 or 4 children. Or even if their are fewer, it would be cool to have a randomizing element to your child...their hair/eye/skin colour could be dependent on your spouse still, but hairstyle/clothes/features/etc could have a few variations that are chosen at random, so that a fair variety of appearances is possible. Children are not that much fun in bokumono so far, at least imo. I'd like them to be more interesting and/or more useful.
hamtaro
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

As others have mentioned about the crafting system being tightly connected to town progression and while I actually do enjoy that, I'd love to see relationships with villagers also effect the overall game. I'd love to see that, say, a character who is down on their luck with the help of a friend (the player) opens a new store. It'd be a nice form of side character progression that sometimes gets lost in the handheld titles.

Of course I'd like to see more liberty with marriage candidates as in being able to marry male or female regardless of gender, but since character customization is not gender locked that will probably the least of the team's concern. That being said the rival system such as in Animal Parade would be incredible to reintroduce. I think the Rival Heart Event system should be in place rather than timeline system, however. As a player who is single the first year and a half before dating and then marrying in the 3rd year it isn't as fun to rush through marriage so you don't have to worry about a certain deadline before they marry someone else.

Also with more data available I better be able to customize even more things, ehehe!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm sorry to spoil the fun, but unfortunately this is a dead thread. 10 days is the limit, and this one was at 48 days since the last post.

If you have new things to discuss on this topic, please feel free to make a new thread for it. :)