Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Apr 25, 2018 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
Bluie
Post Posted: Feb 07, 2018 1:37 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/07/ha ... -may-2018/

Spoiler:

All Preorders from GameStop will come with a chocolate cow plushie.

NISA has limited editions(pictured above) for order here.

Added Features:

Spoiler:
-New Marriage candidate Soleil(boy)/Soleil(girl) - Human forms
-Co-op play (2nd Player as Soleil)
-Planned DLC (w/ purchasable season pass)

Last edited by Bluie on Mar 27, 2018 12:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Feb 07, 2018 6:16 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

This is a sign.....a sign for me to actually get a switch.

Getaris
Post Posted: Feb 07, 2018 6:42 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

The main points:

It has extra content, whatever it may be.

It's 40 bucks.

FaerieFarm
Post Posted: Feb 07, 2018 7:32 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

*chokes* 40 dollars?!?! That's too much for a mobile phone game. I own a switch and I love Harvest Moon but I would only buy this if it was 80% off.

The extra content will likely be something trivial, like an extra bachelor/bachelorette. Or maybe you can actually touch the screen like it says on the title screen.

Getaris
Post Posted: Feb 07, 2018 8:13 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I have been touching the screen on my windows tablet from day one.

Norn
Post Posted: Feb 08, 2018 2:28 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Maybe « homosexual » marriage and rival marriage, and you can adopt those kids inside the stone.
https://imgur.com/cO5eTze

Bluie
Post Posted: Feb 08, 2018 3:08 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

STONE CHILDREN.

ChaosAzerothCat
Post Posted: Feb 08, 2018 12:09 pm 
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Honestly $40 is $20 than I though it would be, I'd say and it's special edition but IDK what that means yet. I feel like regardless this is better than I thought.

Too bad it comes out after my birthday and pretty sure I can't ask for cash since my family isn't big with that. They like to see people open gifts. I'm sure I'll get a copy eventually though. :lol:

I'm excited to see what special edition means though. I doubt it means same « Chicken Hugging » marriage though, sorry, simply if for no other reason than that's a weird thing to put in as special edition content. Not to mention adding to a Nintendo release but not on Steam. Magic 8 Ball says outlook not so good.

The problem is, I'm not sure what they could add. I'm not sure about candidates, part of me says they'd have mentioned something since likely they'd end up being DLC on Steam but the other part says maybe they're meant to be secret until the console release. Other than that what could they add, and would that be enough to call it a special release? They added the candy animals already. What could the special in special edition mean?

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Feb 09, 2018 2:10 pm 
Anonymous Fish

The thing is, I feel like the high pricing is gonna make people's expectations even higher on this game when it comes out on consoles. Especially when we already have a high quality farming sim in stardew valley that only costs $15.99 for digital iirc. I'm still on the fence on this because I need a new farming sim but I thought it was going to be $29.99...

ChaosAzerothCat
Post Posted: Feb 09, 2018 4:04 pm 

Anonymous Fish wrote:
The thing is, I feel like the high pricing is gonna make people's expectations even higher on this game when it comes out on consoles. Especially when we already have a high quality farming sim in stardew valley that only costs $15.99 for digital iirc. I'm still on the fence on this because I need a new farming sim but I thought it was going to be $29.99...

The Steam version is already $30, not sure what kind of even higher expectations $10 extra would make. I feel like that's not on them fully.

Let's be real, very few people who are against the price are reasonable about it, and there's even more people who are ready to pick the game apart. Most people who get the game aren't going to have super higher expectations. And if they do it's because they completely blind-buy it and have no idea what the games are about. I say this because I've seen people who basically push the responsibility of knowing if they want the game off on Natsume simply for them making games under the name they own, and other people saying hey it's a fun game but not worth the price but then turning around and not saying $15-$20 they're saying it should be free or $2 or $5.

I've gotten some games that were genuinely disappointing and wasn't anything like the back blurb made it seem like, the aspects that were touted on the back like they were important were hardly important or done in such a weird way where nothing really felt important. What I learned is to make sure I'm getting what I'm out to get, it's nowhere near just this game or this company. It's a lot of games, especially recently from what I've noticed.

The Steam version is $30 though, so if you're not set on console version that's within your expected price.

As far as Stardew, I love the game but it's not the same thing it's like comparing oranges to limes. Sure they're both citrus fruit, but really they're so different that it's hard to see playing one when you want the other. If Stardew is more someone's cup of tea that's fine, and people can like both that's true too, but it seems weird to me how people keep bringing it up with Natsume pricing their games when no one really does the same with Story of Seasons. No one says Story of Seasons games should be less because Stardew is $15. It's tiring tbh. Stardew was made by one person, and Harvest Moon isn't.

I bet that Story of Seasons will probably be the full usual Switch game price when it comes out and practically no one will say that kind of stuff, if anyone does at all.

FaerieFarm
Post Posted: Feb 10, 2018 12:17 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

ChaosAzerothCat wrote:
I bet that Story of Seasons will probably be the full usual Switch game price when it comes out and practically no one will say that kind of stuff, if anyone does at all.

*cough* Except Story of Seasons isn't going to be a $10 iOS game pretending to be a console game. It's going to be a full-fledged console game.

If Natsume is going to boast 20 years of Harvest Moon experience in interviews, conventions, and their store page, they gotta step up their game to meet those expectations.

Bluie
Post Posted: Feb 10, 2018 6:14 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I feel most people are going to adopt the 'wait for a sale' approach with this game. I will be just for the sake that there's a more important game coming out in May for me and I really only afford one game a month with how expensive they are in my country. The Switch already has Stardew Valley and the PS4 has that plus many Bokumono games in it's library, so I doubt there's gonna be tons of early adopters.

But, I did enjoy all of Natsume's other 'Harvest Moon' titles, so I will eventually buy it.

nightshade2010
Post Posted: Feb 10, 2018 5:21 pm 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

I was right when I said they were going to do this months ago ( viewtopic.php?f=8&t=173894)

but this isn't the ios/android game seeds of memories that people are confusing it with ..........

Getaris
Post Posted: Feb 10, 2018 5:43 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yeah I don't really see how people confuse them so much. I mean, it's obviously reminiscent of it, but the games don't look identical.

I guess it's probably because they haven't played either game.

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Feb 10, 2018 8:32 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Getaris wrote:
The main points:

It has extra content, whatever it may be.

It's 40 bucks.

...Is it physical? I'm not paying $40 for a digital game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next