Least favorite season to play through.

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.

Least favorite season?

You may select 1 option

View results

Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

For me, in most games it’s winter. In the older DS games at least you can’t grow anything and in the newer games, Winter feels so slow that I remember sleeping through it in SoS1.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Same, winter is my least favorite season in game and irl.
Though it’s a good way to hit the mines or go fishing. (Prefer the mines)
Lenna36
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Summer for me. I don't like it when typhoons come through and ruin all my crops/crop stats. Sure there are blizzards in winter, but less crop types mean I can recover quicker. That is until I get the greenhouses (or basement) set up. Then I don't bother growing crops in the actual fields because they're all safe and sound inside. :)
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

For old games, it was winter for me too because you can't grow crops. There wasn't much to do except fishing and mining.

For newer games, it's summer. Mainly because of the OSTs (except ANB's) :lol: they're okay for the first few days but become a lil annoying when you have to play through it for 30 days. I'm weird for not wanting to turn off the music even if I don't like it, so just gotta bear it lol.
Samansu
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

For any of the old games where you can't grow anything and have to sleep through it, Winter for sure! :lol:

But in newer games it is totally Summer. Those flipping typhoons! They have totally screwed up my plans so many times! :evil: So frustrating to see expensive and slow growing crops get taken out by a typhoon... :(
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Winter. I hate winter SO MUCH in real life, I can't help but hate it even in fiction. But for reasons that exist within the game itself...even in the newer games, there are a lot fewer crops you can grow, and it looks so dull, all one colour. The music is usually best for winter, but that's not enough to reconcile me to the other things.

Fall is very pretty and has lots of crops, so I like it for those reasons, but it often ends up being the second worst season because somehow it always ends up having the worst music, in that for some reason it tends to be stuff that aggravates my tinnitus. (SoS1 was the worst for that.)
Riddler
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

From what I’ve played, Winter.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hi Riddler! Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your first post. (Or if you've been around forever as a lurker, then welcome to full membership, the land of comment counts and custom avatars.)
GossipQureen
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Hi Riddler! Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your first post. (Or if you've been around forever as a lurker, then welcome to full membership, the land of comment counts and custom avatars.)
Lol he’s my husband so he’s been around. Aka over my shoulder.

Anyway on topic, summer for me. Those storms :/
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Winter can be a bore, especially in the older titles (although in HM64 you could only use the mine in winter so that was something to look forward to). But winter is my favourite season IRL so I do enjoy the atmosphere, and the music is usually beautiful. Plus it makes the grass look so much greener when you finally get to spring! (Unlike winter in the city when the streets turn to brown slush and the grass is full of dirt and sand from the snow plows.)
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I gotta go with Gossip and Lenna on this one. Darned that summer...especially in Mfomt. They always ruined my pineapples. :roll:
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

One more for summer. I do like a lot of the festivals - fireworks are always nice, firefly is one of my favorites, so is tomato festival, but aside from that summer is very blah for me. It doesn't have my favorite crops, there's no drastic environmental change to look forward to, the transition to summer is generally...*SPRING INTENSIFIES*

Winter isn't my favorite either, but summer edges it out for the worst for me. Could be because I hate summer irl, though. :lol:
ryume
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Summer, both in games and real life. The music in summer is AGGRAVATING. I only like the festival aspect of it.
gossipstone
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Yeah I always enjoyed not having to take care of crops in Winter in the older games. It was a nice change of pace from all the running around in earlier seasons, and there are usually some decent festivals to look forward to.

Summer is probably my least favorite. It has some of my favorite festivals, but farming-wise, as others have mentioned, the typhoons are annoying.
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Summer, hands down.
The scenery doesn't really change, the cicadas are far too obnoxious for me to want to play with sound on (too loud guys), the storms are awful, and there's nothing left I like about it enough to make up for it.

It's nestled right in between the 'oh I can plant again' and 'this is the real big bucks' seasons with some older games too. Admit it, you wanna get to those yams and those blazing Autumn colors too.

I do like green, but idk. It doesn't really feel special like the other seasons do. Its biggest differences are just annoying to boot.