Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Apr 19, 2018 1:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 20, 2018 10:38 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I actually thought of this when I realized that I probably wouldn't need two copies of AC Switch when it comes out even if I decide, as I did with New Leaf, that I wanted to try a second town later on, without erasing my first one. Because if you have a Switch, you know how it works. You only get ONE save file per person...but you can create lots of different profiles (up to 8 ) and play a new game on each one. It's been working great so far with sister and I both playing BotW...there's no chance of accidentally saving over each other's save files.

So far I haven't seen any games work differently on the Switch, so...maybe this is one time when we'll be able to have as many save files as we want, as long as we're willing to create a new profile to start a new game? Does Marvelous bank on people wanting to buy more than one copy because of the limited files (I know quite a lot of people do)? If so, maybe they'll try to work around it.

I'm not sure. Nintendo makes a lot of money on games like Animal Crossing because everyone wants their own town, not to just be a villager in someone else's. So maybe they'll make the save system different, somehow. But at this point, I haven't seen anything like that, so...seems like there's hope for Bokumono Switch to give us as many files as we want. No?

Last edited by Kikki on Mar 20, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Mar 20, 2018 11:18 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

...I don't remember them ever doing that before, so no.

At best, id go in with the hope/expectation of 3 like AP/ToT.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 20, 2018 11:19 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

But how could they PREVENT you from having multiple files? With the way games work on the Switch, all you have to do is make another profile, or I could use my sister's profile to play the game, and bang, it's a new file.

Unless...has anyone come across a Switch game that somehow locks the copy to a single profile? That doesn't seem possible, but I don't have that many games yet, only about ten, and they all work the same way...one save file per profile.

Last edited by Kikki on Mar 20, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Mar 20, 2018 11:23 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Kikki wrote:
But how could they PREVENT you from having multiple files? With the way games work on the Switch, all you have to do is make another profile, or I could use my sister's profile to play the game, and bang, it's a new file.

*shrugs* idk i guess so. But if you're talking about from the game itself, I don't think they'd ever do that. Whether for $$$ reasons or space/data issues, idk.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 20, 2018 11:26 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Yeah, I don't think they'd ever do it that way if it were up to them, but I'm not sure it will be, for the Switch...that's what I'm wondering about. It seems like you'll only be able to have one file, under your own profile...but that you could get one more for every profile you create on your Switch.

I don't really understand the logistics...if it's somehow possible for developers to override the way that works, or not.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Mar 20, 2018 1:38 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Bokumono games usually has two saved files per game regardless don’t they? I don’t know how a switch works but If you bought the game separate from the system it’s usually the same file no matter what you use.

Getaris
Post Posted: Mar 20, 2018 1:55 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Chances are in animal crossing every player in the system will share the same town using a different character.

How? Simple, the save data is your character, the town data is extra data.

Bokumono and Harvest moon will likely work just like every other Switch game.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 20, 2018 2:57 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

EDIT...on Stardew you can have multiple saves, so perhaps they'll let players have more than one per profile for Bokumono Switch, too...not at all sure there.

As for AC...I hope you don't have to own TWO Switches to be able to play AC Switch as the lead character because that would be an insane expense and there is no way either of us is going to be content with just being a villager if there is a more significant role to play.

But then...perhaps there won't BE a 'more significant role' in Animal Crossing Switch. Hmm.

Getaris
Post Posted: Mar 20, 2018 5:25 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'd rather just have all the players on the same level, return Tortimer to the office and make him take "suggestions" on what to build as if nothing had changed.

ThatGirlRena
Post Posted: Mar 21, 2018 3:34 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Magical Melody allowed for more than 2 save slots, I thought?

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Getaris wrote:
I'd rather just have all the players on the same level, return Tortimer to the office and make him take "suggestions" on what to build as if nothing had changed.

Let the man retire.

Getaris
Post Posted: Mar 21, 2018 6:30 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Tortimer Jr.

A dashing young gentleturtle.

FoolishGhoul
Post Posted: Mar 22, 2018 4:01 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

idt I've ever seen a HM game with more than like 3 save slots no matter the console. I don't even know what people would do with 8. Like I'm sure some people would use that many don't get me wrong but I feel like the vast majority of people don't have that kind of replay value invested into these kinds of games but I'm sure I'll get yelled at for saying that lol

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 22, 2018 5:21 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

But on the Switch, every different user gets their own game, so even if you only got one slot per game, you could potentially have 8 games, as long as you were willing to create a new profile for each. Unless they somehow disable the 'choose a user profile' thing you have to select to start any game on the Switch. Though if they have an NG+ feature in the game, then you wouldn't be able to use it, that way. I just don't know. The Switch works a little like the Wii U with the user profiles, but it's different, too.

I don't think anyone would want to play 8 times, either, and I like to replay. It gets too dull repeating it all after about 3 times, for me...unless I've left years in between plays, of course.

ThatGirlRena
Post Posted: Mar 22, 2018 7:03 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

FoolishGhoul wrote:
idt I've ever seen a HM game with more than like 3 save slots no matter the console. I don't even know what people would do with 8. Like I'm sure some people would use that many don't get me wrong but I feel like the vast majority of people don't have that kind of replay value invested into these kinds of games but I'm sure I'll get yelled at for saying that lol

Some people have siblings and two files is not enough for multiple people to explore their options in a game like this.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next