Avalon Code <3

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

Favorite Spirit?

You may select 1 option

View results

rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Made this topic because I want to talk about this game more because I like it and will potentially need help later XD

Soooo... thoughts on the game, rant about adorable characters/story (with spoiler tabs of course), general free for all.

Current place in game:
-Fighting Rudrud and hating EVERYTHING. Dreading the Chimera. Woo for Forest Spirit Mieli! She's soooo cute. I'm playing as the male MC and thinking of going for Naeki cuz she's made of adorable.

I started a game prior to this but restarted because a) I missed a LOT of stuff and b) I have a better grasp of the controls and what the hell I'm supposed to do in this game now XD

I've found guides on GameFAQs and am trying to decipher them as I go. The layout is somewhat hard to read, but the info is good so I'm still staring at it :lol: Any tips/hints greatly appreciated!
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I wonder who my favorite could be :shifty: (it's Rempo if you couldn't tell X3). I've had this avatar for so long now I don't know if I'll ever be able to change it ;o;.

I've beaten the game three times and there are still things I've missed DX. I want to play it a fourth time but I've got to start playing certain games for the first time before I replay Avalon Code yet again.

Naeki is my second favorite spirit. Her and Rempo know what's up 8).
Lady Nina
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

i like the snarky mute ice spirit chick the best. she's great. <3 if i were playing as a guy, i'd go after her. or nanai. not sure. (lol, notice a pattern? i'm playing as a girl and going for anwar... i guess i like the desert people in this game!)

how long does it take before you can give the same gifts to people again? i've run around and fought everything, i've slept like 3 or 4 times, and i still can't give the same gifts to people. am i doing something wrong, or does it just take a long time? or can you never give the same gifts again? i'm so confused~

i don't know why i can't figure this game out. i'm amazing at legend of mana, and that's 10 times more confusing than this! ;o; (but that's much less linear, so that's probably why)
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The desert people are cool. Although I didn't like Nanai much (I played as a guy in one file).

You can only give people the same gift once per chapter. So once you've run out of things they like you'll have to continue on with the plot and come back later to give gifts again.

But I guess that's why they added hair ribbon X3.
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Googaboga wrote:You can only give people the same gift once per chapter. So once you've run out of things they like you'll have to continue on with the plot and come back later to give gifts again.
Ah, ok, thank you for the head's up! I've been trying to raise affection levels. Just finished up Fana's sidequests/storyline... she really seems to like me o.O

I really want to date Naeki tho :3 Sooooo cute!

In the ice dungeon thing in the fortress. About to find Naeki~ Then go back and do lots of side quests! Hopefully finish Rex's (so he's not quite as big of a « Rick » later) and Duran's.

...thank you for reminding me that I forgot to get the hair ribbon :shock:
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No problem. Good luck :3.

Meh even after everything Rex still is one of my least favorites. I like his character design but I'm with Rempo, he's a punk X3.
Ranger
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Googaboga wrote:No problem. Good luck :3.

Meh even after everything Rex still is one of my least favorites. I like his character design but I'm with Rempo, he's a punk X3.
Spoiler:
Lol, Rex is actually one of my favorites. People have plenty of reasons to dislike him, but I felt bad for him majority of the time, and I grew to really like his character change through out the game. I felt like much of what he did would've been avoided could the protagonist actually speak and explain the nature of the book, and perhaps provide more comfort for the guy regarding his family.

But, if you just don't like his attitude/personality, then that's another thing entirely and I can understand that.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
I feel bad for him but truthfully there are a bunch of other people with terrible pasts to feel bad for. So that's not enough for him to do whatever he wants.

If he hadn't gone on and on about being best friends I wouldn't have been bothered by it (also Rempo is my actual best friend :P).

So Rex will just never be one of my favorites. Even though I really love his design >.>.
Ranger
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
No, it's not enough to let him do whatever he wants, but it's enough to understand where he's coming from and forgive him for acts that he's done. He never actually wanted to hurt anyone; he was just desperate to get his family back. He was all alone, and once he realized what he did was wrong, he worked his « Mr.Gourmet's hat » off to atone for his mistakes. Rex did a bad thing, but he was also conned as well. Had he fully known the consequences of his actions, I don't think he would've done what he did. Naturally, you can argue that nobody ever really does know the results of their actions...but it's not like he's a guy who enjoys hurting people or has no guilt of it. He just made a mistake, a big one at that. But ah well.
Lady Nina
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

eh, i don't like rex much. i can't really stand that personality type.

really, i'm not feeling any of the guys so far. i'm honestly only going for anwar because he has an awesome character design, and even though i hate the whole "i can't feel anything, but you have taught me how to love" thing when i take it seriously, i instead poke fun at him, haha~

duran's whole hero complex really bugs me, i don't really like any of the spirits, and i can't stand rex's persoanlity type. they just introduced heath, though, and i might end up going for him.

playing as a boy has maginally better choices. nanai is fairly interesting (and has awesome character design), fana is pretty boring but at least sweet, dorthea is obnoxious but i can see her appeal, and i don't mind the elf chick much, though she'd be annoying to date, i think. maybe i should have played as a boy!

idk, i'm just not really getting that into this game, haha~
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
No one said anything him about wanting to hurt people. It's not his fault they needed that plot point to make the game longer. Some character had to be the scape goat and ruin everything.

It's just the excuse they gave just didn't work for me. The MC makes it known they can't bring her back (at least if you get that event). The fact he couldn't take their word and had to mess everything up before he decided to do anything good wasn't cool. Especially since they are supposed to be such good friends. It's fine if you don't want to give up hope of getting your sister back but did you really need to stab your friend in the back to do it? At least tell to him/her what's going on first and then if that didn't work let them drink the spiked water.
Haha that's what I do too. Anwar has always been more of a joke character for me. That's why he is my second favorite X3. Cause he is teh best stalker evah.
Ranger
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Googaboga wrote:
Spoiler:
No one said anything him about wanting to hurt people. It's not his fault they needed that plot point to make the game longer. Some character had to be the scape goat and ruin everything.

It's just the excuse they gave just didn't work for me. The MC makes it known they can't bring her back (at least if you get that event). The fact he couldn't take their word and had to mess everything up before he decided to do anything good wasn't cool. Especially since they are supposed to be such good friends. It's fine if you don't want to give up hope of getting your sister back but did you really need to stab your friend in the back to do it? At least tell to him/her what's going on first and then if that didn't work let them drink the spiked water.
Haha that's what I do too. Anwar has always been more of a joke character for me. That's why he is my second favorite X3. Cause he is teh best stalker evah.
Spoiler:
Well, Rex has trust issues in general. Friend or not, the boy has a "rely on no one" mind set, although at the same time, he does have conflicting moments of big brother like attitude. But to be fair, I don't think the MC would've gaven it to him for anything, considering the harsh responsibilities of the book's nature. But since Rex was dead set on reviving his sister, and was told that someone could do it, I think he chose the smart way. It's unfortunate that he did so, but at least he cared for the MC enough not to hurt him/her, and just knocked them out. Not really an excuse, but I don't see that as villanous, but rather stupid and reckless. But, each to their own.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
That is why I don't like him. For being "stupid and reckless" XD.

No one thinks he is evil. Just bitter about life and status, then he does something really stupid, and then he finally stops. But since I don't like all the stuff before he's not high on my list.

He's not as low as Health though. That guy needed to wait a few years for the MC to grow up a little more before he confessed :/.
carebear9788
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

I was thinking about getting this game so i hope you don't mind if i ask a question?
You can just PM me the answers so that i don't invade the topic to much.
What are the pro's and Con's of Avalon Code? And... Their's marriage in the game? I didn't think there was. Is there also in Final fantasy? (Just throwing in final fantasy b/c i am thinking about getting Final fantasy Cyristal chronicals: Echo's of time.)
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay dokay I sent you a PM.

I wish you luck in your decision. I know I never regretted getting Avalon Code X3.