Avalon Code <3

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

Favorite Spirit?

You may select 1 option

View results

Hisagiluv
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Lol when I played Avalon Code the only thing I cared about was Ur. I pretty much had a "screw everything else, I have my spirits" attitude until
Spoiler:
Rex stole the book and the pages got scattered.
Ooooh boy, I turned into a mad woman and practically cried. I get emotionally attached to things easily, okay?

But yeah, I got Ur's shackles off (wish I could do that to the other spirits) and now I get to hear JYB say he loves me every morning.
Tomoyo

Post  Posted:

I was so addicted to this game! Played it twice... The first time I was crazy about a certain prince and so happy when we came together :heart:
My second time was all about Ur, I was spamming the :?: like crazy, just so he had to appear all the time!
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hisagiluv wrote: But yeah, I got Ur's shackles off (wish I could do that to the other spirits) and now I get to hear JYB say he loves me every morning.
You can do that with the other spirits.
Spoiler:
Just get a high page value and you'll be able to remove their shackles. It works with all four.
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Lady Nina wrote:really, i'm not feeling any of the guys so far. i'm honestly only going for anwar because he has an awesome character design, and even though i hate the whole "i can't feel anything, but you have taught me how to love" thing when i take it seriously, i instead poke fun at him, haha~

duran's whole hero complex really bugs me, i don't really like any of the spirits, and i can't stand rex's persoanlity type. they just introduced heath, though, and i might end up going for him.

playing as a boy has maginally better choices. nanai is fairly interesting (and has awesome character design), fana is pretty boring but at least sweet, dorthea is obnoxious but i can see her appeal, and i don't mind the elf chick much, though she'd be annoying to date, i think. maybe i should have played as a boy!
I didn't play as a girl specifically because the guys were rather limited. Duran's actually sort of charming after a while though, especially when he stops being a whiny « Mr.Gourmet's hat » about life. Plus his father's pretty nifty! Rex is obnoxious but as stated, he actually does try to atone. Just met Anwar so not sure how to feel about him yet.

The girls are *sort of* better. Fana was the one I had most issues with... she's so... bleh. Dorothea starts off obnoxious but does get better, Nanai is really cool, and Slyphy's not bad, just somewhat weird at first. Plus, of the storylines, hers is actually pretty entertaining.

I don't mind the spirits too much so far. I really like Rempo :) Mieli's sort of obnoxious tho :roll:

Made it to the desert placey thing! About to beat up the boss and get Ur :) Olly is really, really creepy looking tho :o
carebear9788 wrote:What are the pro's and Con's of Avalon Code?

Quick response:
Pros: Entertaining story, great characters, ability to have bf/gf, smacking things with a book, multiple weapon choices.

Cons: HRRRNGGHHH the controls! The book's design can be quite frustrating (there's no search function, so finding codes you need on other stuff can be REALLY annoying), it's easy to get lost/not know what to do and has lots of Guide Dang It moments (sidequests).

In sum: it's addicting and fun but frustrating at points.
Lady Nina
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

YMMV on the story being very entertaining, haha~

maybe i would enjoy it more if the last RPG i played was something less awesome than radiant historia. the more standard plot of AC isn't grabbing me that much in comparison. neither are the characters, but i fell in love with RH's characters~

i'd say that if you can pick it up for fairly cheap or place a lot of value on romance systems in games, then go for it. the book gimmick gets old fairly quickly, and the gameplay is kind of meh (though it isn't turn-based, so that's good, but if you are like me at all, you'll just spend all of your battles using judgment link and then it turns into a game of timing more than fighting). there might be long stretches where you have no idea what you are supposed to do. but~ if you like somewhat interesting characters, choice in sidequests and activities, and interesting (if gimmicky) features, place a premium on romance systems, and can get over the guide dang it moments and less than stellar controls and instructions, you'll probably enjoy it. (i mean, legend of mana, one of the biggest guide dang it games i can think of, is my fave game of all time [along with chrono trigger], but it isn't so linear and i find the story and characters much more interesting, so maybe that's why~)

grr... i'm stuck on the stupid fist-fighting boss. it's really hard! i hate fist-fighting, and i can't use things like armor or healing items. does anyone have any tips?
Tomoyo

Post  Posted:

Lady Nina wrote:
grr... i'm stuck on the stupid fist-fighting boss. it's really hard! i hate fist-fighting, and i can't use things like armor or healing items. does anyone have any tips?
Do you mean the one that becomes invisible? I went for the two heads first and killed them, then watched for the shadow on the ground and tried to get away from it and always tried to go behind the monster and hit it from there.
Lady Nina
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

i can never figure out which way the shadow is facing, and i always guess wrong. :<

i kill the two heads no problem, then go after the main boss, attack it a few times (and get hit a few times...), then the heads reappear, and i have to do it all over again. i've done many cycles of this, and i still can't kill it before it kills me.

maybe i just need to stick with it. i'll eventually get there.
Tomoyo

Post  Posted:

You do need patience, they re-appeared for me too, but not more than once.
Did you try practicing fist-fighting a bit more? Maybe gain a few levels on the enemies before you reach the boss, it might help.
Night's Diamond
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I like Mieli. I think she's really nice,though sort of ditzy. :lol:
Neaki's okay,but she's just too...Neaki! LOL
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

rachellion wrote: smacking things with a book
This. Just THIS.

Oh and

Lady Nina
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Tomoyo wrote:You do need patience, they re-appeared for me too, but not more than once.
Did you try practicing fist-fighting a bit more? Maybe gain a few levels on the enemies before you reach the boss, it might help.
i had my fist-fighting level maxed out. i just really suck at fight fighting, i think.

i finally managed to do it, though. ya~ay! now i'm in a dungeon.
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote: Oh and

"Even if they're years older than me!" :lol: Some of the potential bf/gfs are uh... older o.<;;; Like the female MC + Heath makes me feel kinda squick sometimes XD
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I adore that picture :heart:. Teen Girl Squad is awesome.

The person who made it also had a few other Avalon Code pictures. It was nice to see some funny pictures/comics about the game X3.
luph n joii
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

None of the guys really appeal to me. Valdo is decent, although he does not impress me either. The rest is a betrayer, a stalker and a hero-wannabe. Eh, I don't care about Heath. Sometimes I even forget that he's in the game :\ I like Gustav much more for older man. Now if only HM has bachelor like that, I'm totally marrying him :heart:

The girls are much better. Sylphy is my fave, followed by Nanai. Lauca is ok though. Fana is just plain boring and Dorothea is a spoiled kid.

My favorite spirit will be Neaki. I kind of like her chilly attitude and she doesn't whine much when I spend too much time on one page, haha. Rempo is okay, but his voice kinda annoy me sometimes. Actually it even feels weird when he isn't around MC because you-know-why *glaring at Rex*

The only thing I dislike is judgment link. I literally raped the button when the monsters reach, say 2000 m beyond. I'm just suck at timing Dx
Hisagiluv

Post  Posted:

Googaboga wrote:You can do that with the other spirits.
Spoiler:
Just get a high page value and you'll be able to remove their shackles. It works with all four.
Sweetness! I could have sworn I read somewhere you could only get one of the spirits unshackled. Guess I should restart just to play the whole thing again 8D

Speaking of which, I really like the opening theme song <3