Katawa Shoujo

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Okwm
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I don't know if I'm allowed to post this, and for the fact I don't really care, mostly because I rarely ever go on fogu anymore.
Please note: 18+
Anyway, KS was recently released, and I can say that the story for most of paths was really well done and amazingly addictive and fun. What I'm wondering is if the Fogu community has played it at all though, and if you did, what heroine did you go for first, and what heroine did you pick to take last? Did you like the path, and did you think it was a fitting ending? How did it emotionally impact you? Did you overall like all or most of the paths?
Here's mine:
Rin>Hanako>Lily>Shizune>Emi
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I played it twice already. Once with Emi's good end and the second time I got Kenji's end.

I'm working on Shizune and Rin right now.

After playing Emi's route though I turned the adult content off. The ero scenes felt a little bit too forced in the game imo :/
Okwm
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Emi's scene felt really misplaced. Although I didn't really do her first, so it didn't really matter to me. Everyone else's felt like it was pretty well placed though, I recommend that you keep on the content until you do your next heroine's path, then you can make a final decision.
Kam
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I played Act 1. I'm going to get around to downloading and playing the full version eventually, I just haven't yet.

In any case, based on Act 1, mine is
Shizune=Rin>Emi>Lily>Hanako

I don't like Lily or Hanako. At all. They annoy me. I'm still gonna play their paths, though.
Okwm
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Yeah, I didn't really like Shizune's path.
Spoiler:
A good portion of it was mostly about Misha, and how she really is. And the relationship between Shizune and Hisao doesn't really seem that serious until the near ending.
Insanemage
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So I ended up doing Shizune's path first then Emi's and now I'm playing through Rin's. I think I'm gonna end up doing Lilly's next or maybe leaving it for last and doing Hanako's first. I'm looking forward to both of them equally so idk, still deciding, want to finish Rin's.

Shizune's path... I don't know, when I got done with it I was satisfied. It took me the longest but that's also because I'm new to the whole visual novel thing.
Spoiler:
By the time the decision came to comfort Misha or not, I knew what was gonna happen so I left a save there and went down the bad ending path. I just felt bad all around when I finished it up and I didn't feel TOO great with the good ending, but it was good enough for me. It might be just because I can't stand the self destructive nature of Misha sticking with Shizune even having such strong feelings and trying to act like everything was good great amazing when it clearly was not. It's not like Shizune could really do anything, but still.
Emi's path... at first it brought me up, but then it brought me back down again and by the time it was over, I sort of just felt sad, but content.
Spoiler:
I appreciated Emi's path more than Shizune's. Granted, both conflicts were valid in their own right, but Emi felt more human to me even though I hated going through the motions of having to chase her around and practically force her to tell me what was wrong. She felt more fleshed out and maybe that's because she had something traumatic where Shizune is assumed to have been born with her disability so she always lived with it.
However, aside from the conflict, the relationship felt a bit more real until the part where Emi admitted to the closeness thing and Hisao had to deal with thinking all of Emi's feelings and actions were fake. That stung me on a personal level because it's happened to me in the past- where I felt like I cared more about someone than they did for me. Now even though the relationship was more satisfying than Shizune's, they both fell flat for me after a certain point.
I'm not yet done with Rin's path, but I'm at Act III.
Spoiler:
So far, I don't know what to think of Rin. She reminds me a bit of myself at times with how she thinks about things, but I never really held an interest in going down her path other than just wanting to get it done. She's quite possibly the most complicated character so far, in which I can easily see people enjoying her path more than other's. I don't really know what to say about her other than this. Other than if I had to choose a canon route for Hisao, none of the girls paths whom I've gone done would be his match.
Also I don't like Kenji. He was amusing at first, but soon he just started to pop up too much for my liking. I could do with less Kenji. He isn't ballin'.
Icewings
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Finished Hanako's, thoughts...
Spoiler:
I really liked seeing Hanako come out of her shell, even though at times I was really frustrated with her. I really felt good showing her that she was cared for and all the times she was all "H-Hisao am I your friend" I DIED A BIT

The h-scene was poorly done in my opinion. I expected more "Hanako getting embarrassed about her scars after showing them to Hisao, her getting upset, Hisao telling her she's beautiful, SOMEWHAT AWKWARD YET ROMANTIC H-SCENE" but it was just "Hanako showing Hisao her scars, « Chicken Hugging » OUT OF NOWHERE?!" Then it just sort of... ended

Doesn't mean I didn't cry buckets tho
Genki Rocket
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

Finished Shizune's, Emi's and Hanako's in that order, reading Rin's right now and leaving Lilly for last since everyone says she's the best route!

Hanako > Emi > Shizune

Shizune's route
Spoiler:
Wasn't bad, but it had way too much student council and Misha and not enough Shizune. Misha is my favorite character and while she did get an h-scene, she got much more development and was much more likeable than Shizune from start to end and I think it would have been better to just make this a Misha route instead of a Shizune route. There was not even a declaration of love in this aaaah. I thought it was really funny how Hisao went "LET'S DATE" and her response was literally "ok". Not to mention it dragged, a lot. I was never a Shizune fan to begin with so yeah.
Emi's was great! Same with Hanako's. Emi's character frustrated me a lot but was enjoyable in the end. Hanako's I liked the route but I feel like they really really rushed it at the end, also Miki WHY IS SHE SO PERFECT when I saw her I was like "oh........ SHE DOESN'T HAVE A ROUTE.... WHY"
Okwm
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I finished Rin a while ago, and I absouletly loved the character, and the path. I'd definetly play her path all over again. Shizune's felt like it was really boring with the little amount of choices through the path, but I still love the character.