Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Nov 23, 2017 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Emurii
Post Posted: Jul 22, 2013 6:03 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Can someone give me a real quick primer on Fire Emblem marriage? I get that you raise affection by getting compatibility up to S by working together in battle, and that you and Chrom can each have 2 kids. My questions are:

1.) Can you basically marry any character of the opposite « Chicken Hugging » who can reach S rank compatibility?
2.) I heard that some characters cannot have children (other than by marrying Chrom or MU)? Is this true, and if so, does marrying that character mean to Chrom or the MU mean you can only have 1 child?
3.) If the answer to 2 is yes, which characters can have their own child?

...and anything else you think would be good for me to know. ;x Thank you!!

« signature »
♥ Frey x Kohaku: OTP ♥
Currently gaming: SOS: Trio of Towns (Married to Ford)
I've been playing HM since 1999 and a member of this board since 2005...but only participate now and then when I'm engrossed in an HM game. Maybe you can think of me as a ghost?

haloharvestmoon
Post Posted: Jul 22, 2013 6:09 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

1). Yes. Although Chrom can only reach S support with Sumia, Sully, Maribelle and Olivia.
2). Yes, every female not mentioned in 3 (though everyone that can marry Chrom has their own child as well, excluding the default villager girl.). And yes, for example: Anna does not have her own child, but she can marry your MU and you will get a red-headed Morgan.
3). Lissa, Cherche, Maribelle, Sumia, Cordelia, Miriel, Olivia, Nowi, Sully, Tharja, Panne, and Chrom and your MU have their own children. (Sorry if I missed someone.)

Chrom will marry a default villager girl if he has absolutely no support level with any of his four options by the end of Olivia's chapter.

Emurii
Post Posted: Jul 22, 2013 7:05 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

haloharvestmoon wrote:
1). Yes. Although Chrom can only reach S support with Sumia, Sully, Maribelle and Olivia.
2). Yes, every female not mentioned in 3 (though everyone that can marry Chrom has their own child as well, excluding the default villager girl.). And yes, for example: Anna does not have her own child, but she can marry your MU and you will get a red-headed Morgan.
3). Lissa, Cherche, Maribelle, Sumia, Cordelia, Miriel, Olivia, Nowi, Sully, Tharja, Panne, and Chrom and your MU have their own children. (Sorry if I missed someone.)

Chrom will marry a default villager girl if he has absolutely no support level with any of his four options by the end of Olivia's chapter.

Thank you! I already have Chrom and Sumia at B level in Chapter 5 so I should be good. :'D

Now to decide who my (female) MU will marry....

« signature »
I've been playing HM since 1999 and a member of this board since 2005...but only participate now and then when I'm engrossed in an HM game. Maybe you can think of me as a ghost?

Bluie
Post Posted: Jul 22, 2013 7:10 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Emurii wrote:
haloharvestmoon wrote:

Thank you! I already have Chrom and Sumia at B level in Chapter 5 so I should be good. :'D

Now to decide who my (female) MU will marry....

EVERYBODY! *slap*

I wont tell you who I had my FeMC marry, because in its sorta a spoiler. You can only get said character from the spot pass maps which aren't even accessible until the last chapter. I was a very patient bachelorette :heart:

You also want to be wary of inheritance to the children because they'll inherit some of their parents stats and skills. Choose wisely! :D

Hisagiluv
Post Posted: Jul 22, 2013 8:16 am 
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Bluie wrote:
I wont tell you who I had my FeMC marry, because in its sorta a spoiler. You can only get said character from the spot pass maps which aren't even accessible until the last chapter. I was a very patient bachelorette :heart:
I still haven't gotten my feMU to hook up with anyone yet because she's too busy playing matchmaker and skill inheritance consultant. *sob*

« signature »
"Why do we have to wear undergarments? It's such a hassle."
"Revealing one's genitals was seen as... problematic."

Samurott
Post Posted: Jul 22, 2013 8:25 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Fre Emblem really changes the way you look at the outcome of children:

Before FE: "I want a child who has nice long hair, and blue eyes... Someone who is responsible and caring and has a big heart."

After FE: "OK. I want my child to become a Dark Flier when she grows up so she can learn Galeforce and attack twice."

« signature »
ImageImageImageImageImage
❀ pick my petals off and watch my heart explode ❀
❀ tumblr ❀ ❀ COLOUR lover ❀ ❀ twitter ❀
❀ FC: 0173-1790-1359 ❀
beautiful icon done by ✧twi✧

fourside
Post Posted: Jul 22, 2013 8:53 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Everyone else seems to have answered all your questions, so I'll just add a bit about getting good child characters.

Definitely pay attention to which skills you pass on. That way you can give the children great skills that none of their class sets can learn, which is especially helpful for characters with no-so-great class sets. Parent stats also affect child stats, but it's not as important as skills. You can always train the child more if they have low stats.

You can also just have fun with it. The children characters are not necessary at all. The first generation characters are plenty good already. Just do it however you like.

runefactor
Post Posted: Jul 22, 2013 4:23 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Just to add a little bit more of info; like Chrom, Sumia has less marriage options as well. She can only marry Chrom, Fred, the avatar, Gaius or Henry.

« signature »

Emurii
Post Posted: Jul 23, 2013 10:15 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

runefactor wrote:
Just to add a little bit more of info; like Chrom, Sumia has less marriage options as well. She can only marry Chrom, Fred, the avatar, Gaius or Henry.

Good to know! I'm pairing her with Chrom, since it seems pretty canon and she gives him some awesome boosts in combat. (...nevermind the fact that she's still Lv 1 and he's Lv 14...) My MU keeps getting in the way, though. I'll be grinding her up to S tonight, since my MU hit A with Chrom yesterday and I don't like that pairing *at all* V_V

Right now, Lon'Qu's looking like my potential MU mate...

« signature »

runefactor
Post Posted: Jul 23, 2013 10:28 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I actually feel like the "canon" pairing would be MUxChrom. If you marry him there will be extra dialogue that imo makes the overall story much more personal and emotional and better imo. In fact, I didn't manage to finish the file where I married Henry because I really missed the extra dialogue. And I plan to only marry Chrom whenever I play as a girl. And he's not my favorite character tbh. But definitely my favorite love interest for the avatar and my favorite romantic support with the girl avatar. May I ask why you don't like that pairing? Their best conversation is S by far so maybe that's why...?

« signature »

Emurii
Post Posted: Jul 23, 2013 10:35 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

runefactor wrote:
I actually feel like the "canon" pairing would be MUxChrom. If you marry him there will be extra dialogue that imo makes the overall story much more personal and emotional and better imo. In fact, I didn't manage to finish the file where I married Henry because I really missed the extra dialogue. And I plan to only marry Chrom whenever I play as a girl. And he's not my favorite character tbh. But definitely my favorite love interest for the avatar and my favorite romantic support with the girl avatar. May I ask why you don't like that pairing? Their best conversation is S by far so maybe that's why...?

But, Cynthia (Sumia's daughter) is canonically Chrom's daughter? Source

I'm sure that Chrom and the female MU would work out for a lot of people, but keep in mind that the MU is essentially an OC. :x You build her from scratch and put a lot of personal interpretation into her personality. I picked the cranky looking medium sized MU with pink hair in pigtails, and my impression the whole game has been that she and Chrom are just friends. (They're at A level, so I see the relationship building, but I just don't like it one bit for my character.)

Plus, Chrom is not that manly... I usually don't like the main character type, though, so it might just be me!

« signature »

haloharvestmoon
Post Posted: Jul 23, 2013 10:37 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

In the opening sequence Sumia is the one holding the baby.

I think the canon stuff is more Male MU paired with Lucina and Chrom with Sumia.

runefactor
Post Posted: Jul 23, 2013 10:54 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I really don't see MU as an OC personally. You can choose how they look and their voice but their personality is set.

I'm sorry if I came too strong on my reasoning why I like Chrom and the avatar together so much, you can of course choose your favorite guy and stuff.

And when I said I felt ChromxMU was more canon was because of the way the story goes if you marry him and how different it is if you don't. Sumia appears with Chrom on the trailer and they have that scene where she saves him that is called "lovebirds" but other than that, I really don't feel like Sumia and Chrom are more meant to be together than Chrom with the other girls.

« signature »

Hisagiluv
Post Posted: Jul 23, 2013 11:00 am 

Technically, there's no such thing as "canon" in Awakening since it's all up to the player to decide pairings. While the game certainly doesn't force you to pair off Chrom and Sumia, there are a lot of hints that it wants you to go that route. In all honesty, A LOT of the people I've seen with the Chrom Sumia set up confess they only did it for the opening movie and not because they thought their supports were great. IMHO I cringed the whole way through their support. DIRTY LAUNDRY AND LAXATIVE PIES.

« signature »
"Why do we have to wear undergarments? It's such a hassle."
"Revealing one's genitals was seen as... problematic."

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Jul 23, 2013 3:24 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Imho, Sumia is the canon bride, but there are lots of stuff that promote the feMU to hooking up with Chrom. Sumia is mostly there in case you choose to be male instead of female or you don't want any royal blue babies. Cynthia's recruitment event makes more sense if Chrom is her daddy (although it also makes her out to be an even bigger idiot so double edged sword with that), but you get a drawback from not marrying Chrom, as well. Basically; Lucina isn't as nice to you if you aren't her mama.

But honestly, it's up to you! Chrom only has slight canon pairs due to him being heavily plot oriented and him needing to marry and breed for story reasons. The MU does technically have a canon personality (unfortunately), but that doesn't mean you can't insert your own headcanons/stuff.

Quote:
IMHO I cringed the whole way through their support. DIRTY LAUNDRY AND LAXATIVE PIES.

hehehehe

« signature »
Trash set made by salty-trash sister, FoolishGhoul. Source for Art

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next