Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

   * Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 18, 2017 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
Kross lover/fan
  Post subject: Re: My Time at Portia
Post Posted: Sep 17, 2017 9:33 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1651

Offline
Just got done downloading the demo but I couldn't play because I'm running off to work.
Looks really good from what I've seen so far. I'll actually play it when I get home.
I'm not sure I want to back it yet but from what I've heard; sounds like a great game.

The only complaint I have (and it's minor sorta) is that the MC looks like they are about 12 years old :/
IMO they don't look like they should be able to get married and such but maybe that's just me. :/
Though my mother recently started playing Animal Parade again and I've forgotten how young they look on there so maybe I'll get over it....that or I'm getting old XD

Anyway if I back I think I'll throw maybe around $50 at them. I hope they get fully funded. I'm not much of a PC gamer so I hope they reach the XBox One goal (or maybe Switch I I have that by the time this comes out)

I don't like that you have to pay to go in the mine(?) but if it's anything like HM/SoS then after a while you'll have money coming out your ears so that might not be a problem as you get further into the game.

...Looking forward to trying the demo when I get home :lol:

« signature »
Image
Credit goes to Terra. Click on signature for her graphics page.
Its not normal to be nomal but normal to be weird and/or different!
 
Reply with quote  
Kikki
  Post subject: Re: My Time at Portia
Post Posted: Sep 17, 2017 9:48 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1516

Offline
The MC is customizable, so he/she doesn't have to look like that if you change their features :) That option is not available in the demo, though. You can only play as the default male. The default female looks older, imo.

The demo overheated my computer to the point of auto-shutdown in less than five minutes, even at minimum resolution, but this type of PC is known for an overheating problem. I haven't heard others complaining of this, so hopefully it's a confined issue.

« signature »
Image
Avatar and signature image source, drawn by はにゃまる
 
Reply with quote  
Ehppy
  Post subject: Re: My Time at Portia
Post Posted: Sep 17, 2017 10:50 am 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

User avatar
Posts: 132

Offline
Kikki wrote:
The MC is customizable, so he/she doesn't have to look like that if you change their features :) That option is not available in the demo, though. You can only play as the default male. The default female looks older, imo.

The demo overheated my computer to the point of auto-shutdown in less than five minutes, even at minimum resolution, but this type of PC is known for an overheating problem. I haven't heard others complaining of this, so hopefully it's a confined issue.



When the popup comes up before the game starts, did you change the graphical quality settings?
I think it auto selects the highest setting, I had to lower it a few levels for it to run decently. You probably already did that, but I just wanted to check!

Still doesn't run the best on my computer, even with the settings lowered, so it's fortunate they're planning console ports.
I'm always down for more good games on the Switch.

I fiddled around in the demo and I'm pretty impressed with what they have accomplished so far! I didn't play a whole lot with it so I haven't seen the extent of what's available in the alpha, but I really like what they have so far/the direction they're going with it.
I'm really looking forward to this one, and I hope it meets all it's funding goals and beyond.

« signature »
Image
 
Reply with quote  
Kikki
  Post subject: Re: My Time at Portia
Post Posted: Sep 17, 2017 11:13 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1516

Offline
Ehppy wrote:
Kikki wrote:
The MC is customizable, so he/she doesn't have to look like that if you change their features :) That option is not available in the demo, though. You can only play as the default male. The default female looks older, imo.

The demo overheated my computer to the point of auto-shutdown in less than five minutes, even at minimum resolution, but this type of PC is known for an overheating problem. I haven't heard others complaining of this, so hopefully it's a confined issue.



When the popup comes up before the game starts, did you change the graphical quality settings?
I think it auto selects the highest setting, I had to lower it a few levels for it to run decently. You probably already did that, but I just wanted to check!

Still doesn't run the best on my computer, even with the settings lowered, so it's fortunate they're planning console ports.
I'm always down for more good games on the Switch.

I fiddled around in the demo and I'm pretty impressed with what they have accomplished so far! I didn't play a whole lot with it so I haven't seen the extent of what's available in the alpha, but I really like what they have so far/the direction they're going with it.
I'm really looking forward to this one, and I hope it meets all it's funding goals and beyond.


Yes, I did change those settings, Ehppy, thanks :) Unfortunately it didn't help at all, even to put everything at minimum, both resolution and quality. :/ I really wanted to play that whole demo, but oh well. I thought I'd be able to since I can play WoW on this dumb old PC, but maybe that's not actually a game that tends to overheat the system, I don't know.

I don't enjoy PC gaming no matter what, so I'm very happy that the PS4 version is guaranteed, or I probably would not have supported it. If we're lucky they'll surpass their goal and get into stretch goals and we can get a Switch version, but as long as I can get a PS4 version I'll be satisfied.

« signature »
Image
Avatar and signature image source, drawn by はにゃまる
 
Reply with quote  
Nightwing99
  Post subject: Re: My Time at Portia
Post Posted: Sep 18, 2017 3:05 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

User avatar
Posts: 63

Offline
Kikki wrote:
Ehppy wrote:
Kikki wrote:
The MC is customizable, so he/she doesn't have to look like that if you change their features :) That option is not available in the demo, though. You can only play as the default male. The default female looks older, imo.

The demo overheated my computer to the point of auto-shutdown in less than five minutes, even at minimum resolution, but this type of PC is known for an overheating problem. I haven't heard others complaining of this, so hopefully it's a confined issue.



When the popup comes up before the game starts, did you change the graphical quality settings?
I think it auto selects the highest setting, I had to lower it a few levels for it to run decently. You probably already did that, but I just wanted to check!

Still doesn't run the best on my computer, even with the settings lowered, so it's fortunate they're planning console ports.
I'm always down for more good games on the Switch.

I fiddled around in the demo and I'm pretty impressed with what they have accomplished so far! I didn't play a whole lot with it so I haven't seen the extent of what's available in the alpha, but I really like what they have so far/the direction they're going with it.
I'm really looking forward to this one, and I hope it meets all it's funding goals and beyond.


Yes, I did change those settings, Ehppy, thanks :) Unfortunately it didn't help at all, even to put everything at minimum, both resolution and quality. :/ I really wanted to play that whole demo, but oh well. I thought I'd be able to since I can play WoW on this dumb old PC, but maybe that's not actually a game that tends to overheat the system, I don't know.

I don't enjoy PC gaming no matter what, so I'm very happy that the PS4 version is guaranteed, or I probably would not have supported it. If we're lucky they'll surpass their goal and get into stretch goals and we can get a Switch version, but as long as I can get a PS4 version I'll be satisfied.


So since the game is in beta it's not optimized like, at all. It WILL NOT be that bad when the next build comes out and certainly not when the full version is released. This is common with Beta/Alpha and Early Access games since optimizing should be done on the finished product otherwise it needs to be re-done again later.

In short though you'll need a decent PC to play the Beta at this point and once it's fully launched the requirements should be a lot lower. As it stands I can play this on my 5 year old i5 8RAM computer at home on "Fantastic" and Full Screen but I think part of that is because I recently upgraded to a 1050ti. On my work computer I can run the game windowed and on the second to lowest graphics setting but I can't multitask or else it tanks my CPU which is a newer i5 and 8RAM. And even without having a lot of other stuff open the game is still kind of laggy. I fully expect to be able to run the game on Fantastic/Full Screen with the stock graphics card on this PC once it's released.

« signature »
FC: 2492 4270 7917
Name: Haru
Farm: Rave
 
Reply with quote  
Kikki
  Post subject: Re: My Time at Portia
Post Posted: Sep 18, 2017 3:54 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1516

Offline
Nightwing99 wrote:
So since the game is in beta it's not optimized like, at all. It WILL NOT be that bad when the next build comes out and certainly not when the full version is released. This is common with Beta/Alpha and Early Access games since optimizing should be done on the finished product otherwise it needs to be re-done again later.


I know :) I'm just saying that I can't play the demo as it is. Also, the Portea folks told me that it's better to lower not the graphic quality (the good, beautiful and fantastic or whathaveyou) but the resolution, to make it the smallest possible window. I did both, just to give my PC the best chance it could have of not overheating, but it wasn't enough, even with a double-fan cooling pad under it. It's too bad on account of the demo, which I did want to play more of (more than five minutes, lol) but I have no intention of playing the PC version anyway...I'm going for the PS4 version. I already know enough to know I want the game, and I'm not interested in the beta phase, so it's fine.

I think they're planning to optimize the demo itself to make it an accessible option to more people. Something they said made me think so, and it'll be nice if that's true. Though I think most recently-purchased PCs will be okay with it as it is. Mine is a good one and only about three years old, but it's known for having an issue overheating in particular. (I still don't know why I can play WoW for hours but overheat after one with The Sims 4, but I don't really know how it works.)

In other Portia news...some fun info today. I don't really care a lot about the mini games in they talked about, but I'm happy to hear we can keep fish we catch and collect them in an aquarium. :)

« signature »
Image
Avatar and signature image source, drawn by はにゃまる
 
Reply with quote  
KDucky11
  Post subject: Re: My Time at Portia
Post Posted: Sep 18, 2017 5:19 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

User avatar
Posts: 73

Offline
It would be AMAZING if this came out on the switch, even just as an eShop game. I would really love to own this to put on my shelf. I DO own a PS4 so even though I prefer Nintendo, I could still pick this up.

I really adore this game's graphics, it's like Animal Parade, kinda. It also reminds me of Innocent Life (though I haven't played it)
I haven't played the demo yet because I don't think my PC could handle it. I'll just wait. :)

« signature »
Been playing since Tale of Two Towns.
Since I'm lesbian, I marry the boys I would want to be best friends with. I currently play as a girl, but I have recently discovered the new games allow crossdressing. So, I may try that sometime in the future.
I've played (in order):
ToTT (Married Hiro) He's my BFF.
AnWL (Married Gustaf) He's chill.
AWL(lost disc)
SoS (Married Fritz) He's like a friend of mine irl.
SoS: ToT(planning on dating Inari since they look like a girl to me)
GB (barely started)
 
Reply with quote  
KDucky11
  Post subject: Re: My Time at Portia
Post Posted: Sep 18, 2017 6:07 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

User avatar
Posts: 73

Offline
Oh, and somebody started a wiki for it.

http://mytimeatportia.wikia.com/wiki/My ... ortia_Wiki

« signature »
Been playing since Tale of Two Towns.
Since I'm lesbian, I marry the boys I would want to be best friends with. I currently play as a girl, but I have recently discovered the new games allow crossdressing. So, I may try that sometime in the future.
I've played (in order):
ToTT (Married Hiro) He's my BFF.
AnWL (Married Gustaf) He's chill.
AWL(lost disc)
SoS (Married Fritz) He's like a friend of mine irl.
SoS: ToT(planning on dating Inari since they look like a girl to me)
GB (barely started)
 
Reply with quote  
Kikki
  Post subject: Re: My Time at Portia
Post Posted: Sep 18, 2017 6:07 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1516

Offline
I think most PCs could handle it if they were made in the last five years. Mine is special on the overheating matter. I did see one or two other people have the same problem, but that's all. But if you can wait, then no problem. :)

To me the graphics reminded me of a blend between a Miyazaki film and a Pixar movie (like The Incredibles, for example.) The scenery looks Miyazaki and the characters look Pixar. To me, anyway :)

« signature »
Image
Avatar and signature image source, drawn by はにゃまる
 
Reply with quote  
Kross lover/fan
  Post subject: Re: My Time at Portia
Post Posted: Sep 18, 2017 7:59 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1651

Offline
I have an i7 Lenovo laptop. I bought it for college 2 years ago. After playing for almost 3 hours it did get pretty hot but not enough to cause any troubles or anything.

I'm having issues with the controls personally ^^' I never play PC games so getting used to the a,s,w,e,d buttons is a pain.

Anyone know how to find copper easier? I seem to only find 1-2 before I run out of energy.
Either way I'm having fun with the demo. I'm horrible at making money and completing requests but this is an awesome game so far :lol:

« signature »
Image
Credit goes to Terra. Click on signature for her graphics page.
Its not normal to be nomal but normal to be weird and/or different!
 
Reply with quote  
Kikki
  Post subject: Re: My Time at Portia
Post Posted: Sep 19, 2017 5:18 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1516

Offline
I hate using the ASWDE buttons :/ I just can't stand PC gaming any more (even though I grew up with it and spent 20 years on it!) because it is so physically awkward, and not all PC games have very good controller support.

But anyone who has played the demo, looked at the only MC option we have (in the demo) and went 'ugh, not my taste', try this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... ?ref=email

They're showing some customization options and the female avatar, today. :)

« signature »
Image
Avatar and signature image source, drawn by はにゃまる
 
Reply with quote  
Ronin19
  Post subject: Re: My Time at Portia
Post Posted: Sep 19, 2017 6:03 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

User avatar
Posts: 5489

Offline
The female MC looks adorable!

« signature »
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter Stories
Last Game: Stardew Valley on Switch
Next Game: Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, Golf Story or Fire Emblem Warriors (10/20!)

Newest Bokumono Game: Trio of Towns
Story Status: Complete!
Marriage Status: Married to Inari! But will Woofio change my mind?

Fav HM Bachelor: Wizard
Fav RF Bachelor: Dylas
Fav SoS Bachelor: Kamil
Fav HM Bachelorette: Marina
Fav RF Bachelorette: Dolce
Fav SoS Bachelorette: Elise
 
Reply with quote  
Ehppy
  Post subject: Re: My Time at Portia
Post Posted: Sep 19, 2017 12:19 pm 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

User avatar
Posts: 132

Offline
Ahh thanks for sharing Kikki!
The female main character is so cute! She does look more mature than the default male.
I imagine both will have face options that can make them look more or less mature though, so that's not much of an issue.
I know maturity of the character's designs was mentioned but honestly playing harvest moon for so long, I am pretty good at suspending disbelief in that regard lol.

Anyway, character customization is something I've always been fascinated with, so seeing this small preview of things to come has made me just that much more excited for this game.
It's gonna be a long wait, but well worth it I'm sure.

« signature »
Image
 
Reply with quote  
Kross lover/fan
  Post subject: Re: My Time at Portia
Post Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:27 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1651

Offline
IMO the FeMc looks much better and more mature but with the customization I guess that won't be an issue anyway lol.

I'm going broke backing all these awesome games :lol:
I wonder though why the $50 tear PC version gets a steam key for beta testing but the console $55 doesn't. I don't want to pay $90 console version to get early access but I wanna play the beta ><
It's a dilemma. I think what I'll do for now is back $55 and if and ONLY IF they confirm that's they'll also bring it to XBox One, I might pay the extra money for the beta...it's weird logic but that's how I am lol.

« signature »
Image
Credit goes to Terra. Click on signature for her graphics page.
Its not normal to be nomal but normal to be weird and/or different!
 
Reply with quote  
Kikki
  Post subject: Re: My Time at Portia
Post Posted: Sep 20, 2017 3:00 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1516

Offline
To me so far it doesn't look like they're going to make it into any stretch goals, which would mean no alternate console versions from what I understand. With the way it's going, it seems like it'll just manage to get the full funding. Which is good enough, but I'm hoping otherwise, of course...but it's certainly not taking off the way Re: Legend did. Perhaps it just hasn't come to the attention of the right people yet. I'm actually considerably MORE interested in Portia than in Re: Legend (I did not back Re: Legend; the super cutesy graphics don't appeal to me as far as the character design goes, though I do like it as far as the animals and scenery are concerned. I'm all about the looks in games and my taste is quite narrow.) though I'm sure I'll play both games once they're complete.

There's still lots of time for it to get the attention of eager backers who want to design furniture and weapons and things for the game. I'm sure the base game is plenty good without any stretch goals but I really think it'd be good for it to come to as many consoles as it can.

I wonder what today's update will be about...they're already covering a fair bit. It's hard to imagine that they have enough different topics to post updates on to cover 21 more days, since they've already talked about monsters, mini-games, character customization, the homestead, relationships, and farming. That they do update every day does keep me interested, though.

« signature »
Image
Avatar and signature image source, drawn by はにゃまる
 
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next


All times are UTC - 8 hours


 

Search this topic:

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group