Nintendo Direct announced - September 13th/14th

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Length:
Europe/US - 45 minutes
Japan - 50 minutes

Times (double check your region to be sure!):
United States: September 13th - 3pm pacific / 6pm eastern
Japan: September 14th - 7am
Australia: September 14th - 8am
Central Europe: September 14th - 12am
UK: September 13th - 11pm

Focused on what’s heading to Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS family systems over the next few months, including new details about Super Mario Odyssey for Nintendo Switch.
Any wants or expectations? It's a long shot but I hope they announce a new AC game! Though we might get the mobile AC announced tomorrow at Apple's event, so I guess there's that potentially.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:Any wants or expectations? It's a long shot but I hope they announce a new AC game! Though we might get the mobile AC announced tomorrow at Apple's event, so I guess there's that potentially.
Oh please! It's been far too long since they announced AC mobile and have given no details except that it's still coming 2017, so I'll welcome a Switch title definitely!

I'm kind of hoping a Bokujou Monogatari game will be announced on the Japanese Nintendo Direct. It's been about two years since 3oT came out in Japan, right? That's been Marvelous's MO for their farming sims lately.

I'm also hoping for some Stardew Valley news as well. We already know it's in testing, so maybe they'll be able to give a release date.

I've got a lot of life simulator expectations, lol. Maybe a great, new RPG in the works?
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm not really sure what I should be excited for. I'm already buying Odyssey.

I guess we should expect a release date for Xenoblade 2 and the BoTW DLC. Maybe some Ultra SuMo stuff?

Eh, i'll just go in with low expectations and see what happens.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Come on Animal crossing! Time for a new game.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote: Oh please! It's been far too long since they announced AC mobile and have given no details except that it's still coming 2017, so I'll welcome a Switch title definitely!

I'm kind of hoping a Bokujou Monogatari game will be announced on the Japanese Nintendo Direct. It's been about two years since 3oT came out in Japan, right? That's been Marvelous's MO for their farming sims lately.

I'm also hoping for some Stardew Valley news as well. We already know it's in testing, so maybe they'll be able to give a release date.

I've got a lot of life simulator expectations, lol. Maybe a great, new RPG in the works?
I'd be hype for any of these, but I'd absolutely love to see news on the new Bokumono. Though normally I believe they are announced in Famitsu magazine first, but they could always market it differently this time around for sure.

SDV release date would be great! I'd also like to know Golf Story's release date since they said it would be in September, so hopefully that's still the case. Guess I'm on the life sim hype train with you, lol.

It's a long shot, but I'd love if they announced the Switch/3DS versions for Dragon Quest XI for the west. PS4 is a definite lock-in, but I'd rather play it on handheld.
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:I'm not really sure what I should be excited for. I'm already buying Odyssey.

I guess we should expect a release date for Xenoblade 2 and the BoTW DLC. Maybe some Ultra SuMo stuff?

Eh, i'll just go in with low expectations and see what happens.
I'm 100% with you on this. I'm not going to get too excited. I want a new AC title as much as everyone else but I doubt I'd actually see it.
The Ninja
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I heard from someone that the Japanese Direct page says there'll be no mobile announcements, so I wouldn't get your hopes up for the AC mobile game.

Although there is that Apple event, and that kind of event is where Super Mario Run was revealed.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Altho I don't expect it, I'd love a FE main game announcement for the Switch. Probably will be announced in 2018 tho, and they'll focus on Warriors for now.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don't have much interest in AC for mobile. Not NONE, but I really do dislike mobile gaming, so...I couldn't get too thrilled about it even if it happens. (I'm still a bit bummed that that 'Egglia' game was for mobile, and requires an OS I don't have and can't upgrade to. I want to play it but not at the price of having to buy a new tablet.) But if it's supposed to be something that draws a larger market in to buy the next real Animal Crossing game, it seems like we should end up hearing details about it before they'll come up with anything about the real thing.

I'm interested in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (though I'm not hyped about it at all so I'm mostly content to just wait until it comes out, as it's likely going to take actually PLAYING it to get me excited, because I'm sure the story will suck me in even if I don't like the character design.) and...I think that's it? I don't play platformers (even though Nintendo's have super cute looks) and I WOULD be very interested in Bokumono Switch and AC Switch, but I'd be completely staggered if they actually showed either of those.

I have a mild interest in Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology and SMT: Strange Journey Redux, and maybe the remake of Secret of Mana and Etrian Odyssey V, but they're not anything I'm on pins and needles for, and I only really like the 'Untold' Etrian Odyssey games. Actually, I'm totally lonely for that feeling of anticipation in gaming right now...I haven't got it for anything anywhere on the horizon since Cold Steel III is probably a few years off of localization (not that that is a Nintendo game, just that it's the only game I can think of right now that I'll get really excited for when information starts coming out on an English version). I'd be very interested in a Tales game for Switch but I don't know if that'll be something new or a remake or just a port, or when it could possibly be coming, so not expecting it at all. I guess that's the most possible of the lot, though?

I'm going to watch the Nintendo Direct but I'm not expecting anything particular of it, I guess.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^There is a Tales game in the works for Switch atm. Whether it's a port or new game, we don't know yet.

Going back to Ultra SuMo for a second, I just can't be excited for these games. I adored Moon, but I didn't really want to play a rehash of it. And yes, I know it's supposed to be a AU or whatever, but I just....don't care? They had better get showing the game off and give me a reason to buy it, because as of right now, i'm $50 richer come November.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
Ronin19 wrote: Oh please! It's been far too long since they announced AC mobile and have given no details except that it's still coming 2017, so I'll welcome a Switch title definitely!

I'd be hype for any of these, but I'd absolutely love to see news on the new Bokumono. Though normally I believe they are announced in Famitsu magazine first, but they could always market it differently this time around for sure.

SDV release date would be great! I'd also like to know Golf Story's release date since they said it would be in September, so hopefully that's still the case. Guess I'm on the life sim hype train with you, lol.

It's a long shot, but I'd love if they announced the Switch/3DS versions for Dragon Quest XI for the west. PS4 is a definite lock-in, but I'd rather play it on handheld.
Oh yeah, a Golf Story release as well. It seems the Switch/3DS is a good place for life sims, lol.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kiki wrote:I don't have much interest in AC for mobile. Not NONE, but I really do dislike mobile gaming, so...I couldn't get too thrilled about it even if it happens. (I'm still a bit bummed that that 'Egglia' game was for mobile, and requires an OS I don't have and can't upgrade to. I want to play it but not at the price of having to buy a new tablet.) But if it's supposed to be something that draws a larger market in to buy the next real Animal Crossing game, it seems like we should end up hearing details about it before they'll come up with anything about the real thing.
Playing on mobile depends on the game for me. But again I don't play many games on this thing and most of them are free.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:^There is a Tales game in the works for Switch atm. Whether it's a port or new game, we don't know yet.
Yes, I was surprised that there wasn't a word said at this year's Tales Of Festival...I had been expecting to hear something, even just whether it was to be a port or a new game. If it were to come out this year, I'm sure it'd be a port, but if it doesn't, then I kind of think it'll be a new game. Which I would prefer if it would just be Berseria or Zestiria. (Though I wouldn't mind a remake or at least an upscale of anything older than that, not at all.) So that is the one game I'm looking forward to that I think MIGHT have a shot of showing up in that Nintendo Direct, though I'm not holding my breath, lol.

Shan...I'm fine with casual games on mobile, but anything involved I want on a dedicated gaming console.
Beedlebud
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Man 45 minutes... very unusual for a Direct to be that long. I can't wait!

Hope we finally get to see Fire Emblem Switch.
Nightlight
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I want to see some more of Octopath Traveler. It'd be nice to finally get some new information on it, because I don't believe there's been anything new said about it since E3 (and it's not like the little amount of it that was shown there told us really anything about it :(.)