Stardew Valley Releasing on Switch Oct 5th

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

Are you picking it up for the NS?

You may select 1 option

View results

Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Only glitch I've encountered, if it even is one, is the sound getting static occasionally. Sometimes it'll be in there with the music and then it'll be gone. It's very random, but I don't think it's my TV or Switch since I haven't encountered it with other games on my Switch or elsewhere on my TV. Haven't seen if it's just a TV mode thing for Stardew yet or if it's present in handheld/table top mode.
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote:Only glitch I've encountered, if it even is one, is the sound getting static occasionally. Sometimes it'll be in there with the music and then it'll be gone. It's very random, but I don't think it's my TV or Switch since I haven't encountered it with other games on my Switch or elsewhere on my TV. Haven't seen if it's just a TV mode thing for Stardew yet or if it's present in handheld/table top mode.

I believe they gave an update on the Stardew Valley website that this is a known glitch and it's being worked on!
Apparently in the meantime if you need a quick fix, you can close the game and reopen it. Hope this helps!
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ehppy wrote:
Ronin19 wrote:Only glitch I've encountered, if it even is one, is the sound getting static occasionally. Sometimes it'll be in there with the music and then it'll be gone. It's very random, but I don't think it's my TV or Switch since I haven't encountered it with other games on my Switch or elsewhere on my TV. Haven't seen if it's just a TV mode thing for Stardew yet or if it's present in handheld/table top mode.

I believe they gave an update on the Stardew Valley website that this is a known glitch and it's being worked on!
Apparently in the meantime if you need a quick fix, you can close the game and reopen it. Hope this helps!
I have done that, but sometimes it happens right when the game starts up. I'm glad they know about it at least.
Ida
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Just downloaded it on the Switch. This will be my third playthrough, still getting use to the controls. I know I’m running I just wish I could run faster haha. Saving takes a while, but excited to woo everyone again and farm.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Just need 3 apples, wine and a pomegranate and I'm done with the story line!
Last edited by Ronin19 on Oct 14, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
strawberrysundae
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote:Just need 3 apples, wine and a pomegranate and I'm done with the story line!
Wow!
I've had the PC edition since near-launch and I've never finished the community center lol. I do all the bundles, but I never get around to the bulletin board one or the fishing one.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

strawberrysundae wrote:
Ronin19 wrote:Just need 3 apples, wine and a pomegranate and I'm done with the story line!
Wow!
I've had the PC edition since near-launch and I've never finished the community center lol. I do all the bundles, but I never get around to the bulletin board one or the fishing one.
This'll be my second time finishing it up. I have to wait until Fall though for the apples and pomegranate as I didn't have the trees planted until Spring Year 2.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I just need a truffle, 3 apples, and a pomegranate.

I'm hoping the cart will sell the truffle because I *really* don't want to upgrade the barn again.

On a side note, getting really good at the desert mine. I wish there was more time in the day to keep exploring, but I am coming back with 5k worth of items + 5-7 pieces of Iridium, so that's nice.

Also, I have a thriving slime family in my Slime Hutch, but I have no idea how to get slimeballs from them? There's never anything on the ground and I just keep filling up their water and leaving. I have like 5 slimes now as they won't stop breeding.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm waiting to get that ring for slaying 10,000 slimes so I can raise slimes without the worry that they'll hurt me.

I haven't seen any truffles from the wagon in my playthrough, but I wish you luck in finding one!

I'm currently making cactus fruit wine, so just need to get to Fall for the apples and pomegranate!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh my gosh i'm so maaaaaaad. I bought pig and the next day THE CART HAD A TRUFFLE.

RIP 16000G.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Just need 3 apples, year 2 produce, and a truffle.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:Oh my gosh i'm so maaaaaaad. I bought pig and the next day THE CART HAD A TRUFFLE.

RIP 16000G.
That's bad luck, dang.

Just 23 more days to go through until my trees produce stuff!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Annnnnd I realized I somehow missed the poppy on the chef bundle. Summer is gone.

TIME TO SLEEP STALK THE CART.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I finished it! Now I can just relax in the game with Sam and our new daughter.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I just did too! *High Five*

I'm probably going to stop playing for now as i've got some more games on the horizon, but I plan on doing a warehouse playthrough on another file somewhere down the line.