Oxenfree on Switch

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So after my last thread about story games and since it came out today on the Switch, I got Oxenfree. I've only played for about an hour now, but I'm loving the dialogue so much and the story so far is interesting! I can already see many playthroughs in my future.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I looked it up, but still am not sure what it is. It's not a platformer, but it doesn't look like a visual novel, either. Puzzle game with story choices, maybe? I honestly can't tell even after watching a video.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's a story rich game is what I think it is. Think like Night in the Woods. It's kind of similar to it in that genre. Puzzles to solve, deep characters and story, and just a bunch of charm.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's like a mashup of a VN, walking simulator with some puzzles on the side.

I really enjoyed it when I first played it! Curious to see what ending you get Ronin--mine was quite a bit different to one of my friends who focused on different characters than I did.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:It's like a mashup of a VN, walking simulator with some puzzles on the side.

I really enjoyed it when I first played it! Curious to see what ending you get Ronin--mine was quite a bit different to one of my friends who focused on different characters than I did.
I finished it last night. I didn't expect it to be that short, so I'll definitely have to play it again in the future. If I didn't have so many games at the moment to play, I'd play it again right now.
Spoiler:
Nona and Ren are dating and went to separate colleges.
Clarissa rarely talks to Alex, but she went to college and got a dog. She's afraid of the ocean.
Jonas introduced Alex as his sister without adding the step part in front of it.
Alex went to a local college, but the whole thing looped on itself right to the beginning of their crazy adventure.
All in all, I was emotional, I was scared, and I enjoyed myself.
Katgirl
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

It was one of the Xbox gold games Lat month so I picked it up there. Actually I think it's still there until the 15th if anyone wants to get it. Anyways I love it and would definitely recommend it! It's spooky in an atmospheric way instead of big monsters hunting you or jumpscares which is great. Plus that ending was A+.

My first playthrough I...
Spoiler:
-Got Nora and Ren together, while being on good terms with both of them.
-Was on good terms with Jonas.
-The next one's kinda a HUGE possible spoiler so I'm putting it in its own spoiler.
The big spoiler enter at your own risk:
Spoiler:
-Brought back Micheal and he and Clarissa are still together.
@Ronin19 & @RopeMaidenKirie Have either of you played the new game plus yet? I'm in the middle of it right now and so far I'm enjoying it.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Katgirl wrote:The big spoiler enter at your own risk:
Spoiler:
-Brought back Micheal and he and Clarissa are still together.
@Ronin19 & @RopeMaidenKirie Have either of you played the new game plus yet? I'm in the middle of it right now and so far I'm enjoying it.
I looked up the game when I finished and was pretty shocked at that spoiler!

I have like 6 other games I got around the same time and need to finish those up before I go through Oxenfree again (Danganronpa V3, Monster Hunter Stories, Mario and Luigi, Cuphead, Stardew Valley on the Switch, and Golf Story). Although, I might do it again when it's closer to Halloween in the spirit of the holiday.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yooooo that spoiler is nuts lol. Had no idea you could do that!

Yeah I never actually had a chance to replay it since I always have so much stuff in my backlog. Maybe I'll reinstall it again and see if I can make some different choices and outcomes
DazzleKitty
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

You guys have piqued my interest in this game. I just have too many in my backlog right now. It looks like something I would love, though.