Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

Roll Call

You may select 1 option

View results

Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I used Popplio in Moon because I thought it was the 'canon starter' for Selene. I still do, but I wanna use Rowlett since there's official art of Selene and it.

I totally spoiled myself about the game by lurking Bulbagarden. There isn't actually much to spoil, though. It is a third game after all.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

[quote="Anonymous Fish"]I used Popplio in Moon because I thought it was the 'canon starter' for Selene. I still do, but I wanna use Rowlett since there's official art of Selene and it.

I totally spoiled myself about the game by lurking Bulbagarden. There isn't actually much to spoil, though. It is a third game after all.[/quote]

Her name is Moon
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:I used Popplio in Moon because I thought it was the 'canon starter' for Selene. I still do, but I wanna use Rowlett since there's official art of Selene and it.

I totally spoiled myself about the game by lurking Bulbagarden. There isn't actually much to spoil, though. It is a third game after all.
Her name is Moon
Selene is her promotional name, so you're both right.
strawberrysundae
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I know so far I want to use; Rowlet or Popplio, Alolan Ninetales, and Lycanroc.
:3
I think I'm going to get Sun this time so I can find Vulpix easier, but I might trade my Rockruff to my boyfriend so I can have Midnight Form Lycanroc.
Drag0n5
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:I used Popplio in Moon because I thought it was the 'canon starter' for Selene. I still do, but I wanna use Rowlett since there's official art of Selene and it.

Her name is Moon
Selene is her promotional name, so you're both right.
Rowlet is the canon starter for Moon.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I got the game...And it's just like Sun and Moon so far...lol

I did find Buneary on Route 1 though
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ultra Sun and Moon, from playing for about an hour, are the third entries in the Sun and Moon series. That's how I'm interpreting it as I'm playing it. Hopefully this expands the story as I like the Sun and Moon characters, the environments and the Pokemon, but felt the story fell a bit short.
strawberrysundae
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

So far I just got to Island 2. I am using Dartrix, Buneary, and the special Rockruff.
I know I want to use Alolan Vulpix so far as well.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Pokebank support coming at the end of the month! I'll be happy when support is added; I bred my team prior to the game coming out, so I'm going to wait until support for Ultra Sun comes to Pokebank to continue. I have Primarina and Dusk Lycanroc though.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

How are you guys liking it? Is it different from SM or essentially the same? Better than the original, at least?
Robotkitty5848
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I used Litten in Moon and Popplio in Sun. So for Ultra Moon, I went with Rowlet.
strawberrysundae
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Blue Rose wrote:How are you guys liking it? Is it different from SM or essentially the same? Better than the original, at least?
It's like a 2.0 Sun/Moon so far. It's largely the same, but it different in little ways. They updated the UI and a lot of the environments are more vibrant/decorated. There are a lot of side event/missions, and I'm only on island 2 but I can already see the new story starting to play out. I read that after island 3 everything is much different.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So...is there MORE story, or just different story? I mean...does Ultra seem more heavily story-oriented than the originals, or about the same?
strawberrysundae
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:So...is there MORE story, or just different story? I mean...does Ultra seem more heavily story-oriented than the originals, or about the same?
I'm on the 3rd island right now and I'd say so far it's the same amount of story, more if you count all the side stuff as "Story".
Personally I'm just as tired of cutscenes as I was in the originals lol.
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

strawberrysundae wrote:
Kikki wrote:So...is there MORE story, or just different story? I mean...does Ultra seem more heavily story-oriented than the originals, or about the same?
I'm on the 3rd island right now and I'd say so far it's the same amount of story, more if you count all the side stuff as "Story".
Personally I'm just as tired of cutscenes as I was in the originals lol.
Yea, they added more cutscenes which makes everything feel kind of choppy. I just got to Ula Ula and the only major difference is the screen time for the Ultra Recon Squad.

Despite all of that I'm still enjoying my second romp through Alola :lol: I've heard the new story is kind of a train wreck (basically takes the original story and bungles it), but I haven't seen much of the new story yet so cannot comment myself.

I'm just excited I can trade between Moon and Ultra Sun and hang out with Pokemon I didn't get a chance to use in my Moon playthrough. Just evolved Buneary to Lopunny :D