What's up for you in 2018? (Re: games)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm definitely getting the following:
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker
Radiant Historia
Ni No Kuni 2
Vampyr
Kingdom Hearts 3
Secret of Mana
Re:Legend
My Time at Portia
Project Octopath Traveler

I'm hoping for some kind of announcements regarding the following:
Animal Crossing for Switch
Pokemon for Switch
Bokujou Monogatari/Story of Seasons for Switch
Fire Emblem for Switch

I can't remember if Psychonauts 2 is scheduled for 2018 or not, but I'm looking forward to it!
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Games I'm looking forward to:

Nintendo Switch:

Pokemon Switch
Animal Crossing Switch (if announced)
Bokujou Monogatari Switch
Yoshi
Kirby: Star Allies
Some visual novels coming to the USA
Ace Attorney Switch

Nintendo 3DS:

Sushi Strikers: The Way of Sushido

PC/Steam:

Higurashi When They Cry Hou Chapters 6-8
Lost in Secular Love (English version; only Chinese is supported at the time of writing this.)
Some more translations into English of Chinese Otome games
PeachyKeen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Harvest Moon kawaii wrote: Ace Attorney Switch
oh « Mayor Thomas » i hope this is a real thing!

i'm primarily waiting for the Fire Emblem switch game! honestly i'm really hoping it's an FE4 remake.

animal crossing on the switch if announced
SoS/HM. I really hope they port Animal Parade to the Switch, i'd love to be able to take that game on the go!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

PeachyKeen wrote:
i'm primarily waiting for the Fire Emblem switch game! honestly i'm really hoping it's an FE4 remake.
YES, ME TOO.

Might as well make FE5 DLC while they're at it.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Genealogy would be my #1 choice for remake but honestly right now I just want new FE main game more than anything. Especially with how FE:H has burned me lately.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

PeachyKeen wrote:
Harvest Moon kawaii wrote: Ace Attorney Switch
oh « Mayor Thomas » i hope this is a real thing!

animal crossing on the switch if announced
SoS/HM. I really hope they port Animal Parade to the Switch, i'd love to be able to take that game on the go!
Wouldn't it be hard to localize Harvest Moon Animal Parade on the Switch since Natsume still owns the Harvest Moon name and they would have to decide whether to port it or not for North America? Another question is, would it possibly take the Story of Seasons name if it is updated or revamped/content is added to it? If that's the case, would Xseed release it under a new name?
Lexy Jenrex
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

WAIT! Since when is there a Legend of Mana remake? I only see something about Secret of Mana! I want in on this!

As for other games, I dunno. Monster Hunter World, Radiant Historia, WoW:BFA. Probably some other « Cow Poopoo » eventually.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Lexy Jenrex wrote: WAIT! Since when is there a Legend of Mana remake? I only see something about Secret of Mana! I want in on this!
You didn't quote me there so I'm not 100% that I'm the one who's supposed to reply, but since I did write 'Legend of Mana' I figure I probably am. That was a mistake. Only Secret of Mana is being remade. I didn't even know 'Legend of Mana' was an actual game, I just got really used to writing 'Legend' while talking about upcoming games as well as my backlog, which between them include several Legend of Zelda and Legend of Heroes, as well as Re: Legend. 'Legend' came out instead of 'Secret'. Sorry about that. :(
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Man, if there was a Legend of Mana remake, i'd get super excited. It's my favourite game in the series. But it's freaking HUGE. If they eventually redo it like they did with the first two titles in the series (and I feel they'd do the third entry first before this one) it'd be interesting to see how they remake the locals, characters, and story scenes. There used to be a girl on this site (I believe her name was Nina?) who's favourite game of all time was Legend of Mana, and it was her urging that got me to play it. Fantastic game.

ANYWAYS, on topic, I forgot about one game in my initial post + there was another announced recently that i'm looking forward to. Picontier is my most anticipated indie right now and the company who is publishing it also announced today that they're releasing all three of the Mercenaries Saga games in one title for the Switch. I always meant to buy them on 3DS but forgot. Guess it was fine that I waited!

I gotta say that I've kinda got this soft spot for CIRCLE Entertainment. They're really on the ball with scooping up Japanese indies and localizing them. They can be a bit rough at times, but i've played my fair share of titles from them the past few years.