How's your backlog?

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I ended up starting too many games at once. Good way to start the new year. I'm playing .hack//G.U. Last Recode, Blossom Tales, Yooka-Laylee, and Mass Effect 3. ME3 I know will take me 40 hours, I've seen Yooka-Laylee take 20, and the other two are completely unknown. Blossom Tales I don't expect to be too long, and seeing as how .hack is a PS2 JRPG, maybe 50 hours for each installment that's on the disc.

I need to finish some of these before Digimon comes out in two weeks.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

@ Kikki - Whoa you blasted through P5, congrats!! Glad you ended up enjoying it. How long did it end up taking you overall?

Nothing wrong with wanting to replay a favorite, as long as you don't completely abandon the other ones! If you aren't the type that can only play one game at a time, you could probably duo play a backlog game and a replay game at the same time.

~~~~~
@Ehppy - Thank you!! I actually have a bunch of them because I love data and keeping things organized

Here's mine for 2017
Spoiler:
I like to have prices on there too, like games that have a $0 are those that were gifted to me.

and then I have one for games I'm wanting and how high of a priority they are for purchase
Spoiler:
Took awhile to figure it out in google docs, but I think it's worth the time! I was just using notepad before and it just wasn't doing it for me lol. Oh and if there are any games on my list you're especially curious about let me know and I can tell you about them! Which two games are you thinking about picking up this month?

~~~~~
@Ronin - howlongtobeat.com says Blossom Tales is around 10-12 hours, and .hack being around 20-30 hours per each installment, and a bit longer if you do completionist runs.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:@ Kikki - Whoa you blasted through P5, congrats!! Glad you ended up enjoying it. How long did it end up taking you overall?

Nothing wrong with wanting to replay a favorite, as long as you don't completely abandon the other ones! If you aren't the type that can only play one game at a time, you could probably duo play a backlog game and a replay game at the same time.
I can only really play one game at once, or I get too scattered and lose interest in all of them. I get really into it and then I don't want anything else during that time.

I think my final playtime was 80 hours, so about 15 under the average, though that can likely be explained by the fact that I played on 'safety', as combat in most games is just an irritating roadblock in pursuing the story, for me. (Plus I'm not crazy about turn-based combat on top of that.) Just like the SMT games, Persona's battle difficulty even on 'normal' can be pretty brutal, and I didn't want to spend any more time than I had to on fighting. I love 'easy' modes :) (I'm the kind of person who is too casual for hardcore gamers who think easy modes are an abomination, but too hardcore for genuine casuals, lol, because I don't like combat that much usually but I still lean towards completionist.)

I got 13 arcanas maxed and the rest started but not maxed (though close on a few of them), plus all of Akira's stats maxed, so I guess it was not too bad that way. (Oh, just realized not everyone uses the same name. I looked up what the character's default name was and went with 'Akira Kurusu' since that was what I found. I think of the MC of Persona games as a game/story character, not a player avatar, so I prefer not to make up a name for him myself.) I guess on NG+ I can easily max out all the arcana, with no need to spend any time on the stats any more.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:@Ronin - howlongtobeat.com says Blossom Tales is around 10-12 hours, and .hack being around 20-30 hours per each installment, and a bit longer if you do completionist runs.
Okay, that's not too bad for either, and I've already played Blossom Tales for 1-2 hours and .hack for, maybe, 4 hours on volume 1? I'm enjoying all the games I'm playing, but it just feels like there's SO much to do! I think the one I'm most interested in finishing is .hack. Only thing I've really experienced from the series is an OVA of the series and loved it.
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: I think my final playtime was 80 hours, so about 15 under the average, though that can likely be explained by the fact that I played on 'safety', as combat in most games is just an irritating roadblock in pursuing the story, for me. (Plus I'm not crazy about turn-based combat on top of that.) Just like the SMT games, Persona's battle difficulty even on 'normal' can be pretty brutal, and I didn't want to spend any more time than I had to on fighting. I love 'easy' modes :) (I'm the kind of person who is too casual for hardcore gamers who think easy modes are an abomination, but too hardcore for genuine casuals, lol, because I don't like combat that much usually but I still lean towards completionist.)

I got 13 arcanas maxed and the rest started but not maxed (though close on a few of them), plus all of Akira's stats maxed, so I guess it was not too bad that way. (Oh, just realized not everyone uses the same name. I looked up what the character's default name was and went with 'Akira Kurusu' since that was what I found. I think of the MC of Persona games as a game/story character, not a player avatar, so I prefer not to make up a name for him myself.) I guess on NG+ I can easily max out all the arcana, with no need to spend any time on the stats any more.
I did the same thing! I LOVE Safety mode for P5, it's so nice to take in the story and not have to worry about constant grinding. Playing on safety was also kind of hilarious after a while because I ended up super OP in certain palaces. They added an anti-frustration feature where you just get personas if you're too powerful and bump into an enemy, which was really nice.

That said I still need to beat the last dungeon oooooppppssss

I just got Digimon World Next Order for myself as an after Christmas gift. It's such a nostalgia bomb - I LOVED Digimon World for PS1 far more than I should have (it's not a good game! it's very buggy and glitchy!) and so I LOVE this game!! The 3D models for the anime people are hilaribad, I'm switching to the male MC because the female MC's design is silly, and I turned the voice acting off because NOPE. But Jijimon!! Recruiting Digimon to the city!! Teaching my partners!! I love it!!!
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

@ Kikki
Aww thanks! :lol:
The nickname is from a friend from way back. The origins of the name are a little funny to me now but I still think it's cute and it's just sorta stuck with me since then.

I get that! I may still change my mind about including them. I'm still not quite organized, though I'd like to be, so in a way it feels like I haven't really started. I'm trying as quickly as I can to wrap things up in my second 3oT file before I start another 3ds game, but I'm playing it rather slowly lol
I probably could use the extra push!

@RopeMaidenKirie
Wow that's an impressive list of games completed! Including the price is a neat idea as well.
I'll probably try to fiddle around with google docs a bit today and finally get everything where I can see it. The new year has started a little sluggish for me so I haven't really kicked into gear just yet. I also like your priority list for games to buy.
I'll probably need one of those too. :lol:
And I'll be sure to ask if I have any questions! Mineko's Night Market is one I just saw the other day, it looks so cute! Man there are so many good looking indie games lately.

As for the two I'm planning on purchasing this month, those'd be Style Savvy: Styling Star, and Lady Layton.
Although I also wanted to pick up Apollo Justice on the eShop. I might hold off on that one though. P:
So many good games floating about...
Domineam
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

After saying 'I don't buy games anymore', for some reason (sales) I bought Terraria and Oxenfree on Steam and Earthbound on my 3DS, when I'm still less than halfway through Bravely Second.

At least they're relatively short (except for Terraria but that'll probably sit awhile). There's actually a few more games I want but now I'm really not going to grab anything until I finish up all of these (plus Xenoblade 3D). Unfortunately I'm back to school on Monday so I might not have any time anyways. Last semester I didn't game at all for the entire 3 months, but honestly that's because I waste time like crazy so I didn't actually utilize my free time to pick up any games. This semester I'm going to try to organize my time a little better!
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

@Ehppy - Mineko's Night Market is seriously one of the games I'm looking forward to most this year! It looks so good. I'm a crazy cat lady anyways, so that plus other sim elements makes it a must have for sure.

I've seen a lot of friends on Twitter have fun with the new Style Savvy! Really enjoyed the last one too, hope you enjoy it if you pick it up <3

If you want I can send you a copy of those google docs of mine and you can download a copy of it so you edit it as you please!

~~

Finally beat my first game of the year, West of Loathing! I bought it in the steam sale at the last minute, and it took me about 10 hours but I loved it. It was hilarious, I love western themes and it was just a load of fun. Glad I picked it up.

Probably focus on Pillars of the Earth and Cosmic Star Heroine next. I'd like to get another few games beat before the 23rd, when another indie game I want called Iconoclasts comes out. Didn't think I had anything to buy this month, whoops.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm interested in seeing Mineko's Night Market but know I won't end up getting it no matter how good it ends up looking, because it's for PC and I don't think it's for any other system I have besides that. Though at least I seem to have fully kicked the habit of buying Steam (PC) games. It's really sunk in, just how thoroughly I hate playing on PC, to the point where awesome looking games on Steam don't tempt me any more because I know they'll just go and rot on my backlog, as the minute I try to play a PC game, I'm miserable...it's finally sunk in that I really hate PC gaming that much. Funny, when that's where I started, as a kid. I wonder why nostalgia doesn't seem to work any magic on me. :/

But in backlog news...I've come to a standstill, which is both bad and good, because the reason I've stopped is that I've finally regained an interest in reading and writing over gaming, at least right now. Seems to go in phases with me...sometimes I only want to play games, others I want to spend all my time reading, or writing. Or both...those two can coexist for me...but gaming can't. When I'm in a gaming mood, I am NOT in a reading or writing mood. I always feel like writing in particular is more constructive for me, so...I guess it's a good thing. But it means my backlog is not moving, at the moment. It makes me feel bad about not working on that, but...maybe I need to include every chapter I write as a +1, lol. (Of course I'm not really going to do that...it'd be weird and confusing to factor writing accomplishments into a gaming backlog!)

I can't even choose what game I want to play next. I think it's going to be the first game my fingers land on that I'm at all interested in playing. Or I could focus just on Switch games, for now. That'd be fairly easy.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Finished another run of Mass Effect 3. The game is calling me to finish the other 8 files I have left unfinished, and Dragon Age Origins is calling as well! Darn you, BioWare!

I'm going to try and move on to finishing up Blossom Tales now; pretty sure I'm halfway done with it now.

A friend of mine brought attention to an upcoming indie game coming out on the 23rd, Staxel. It has graphics similar to Minecraft, but seems to play like Harvest Moon/Animal Crossing. Darn you, 2018!
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Is it the act of playing on the computer itself that you dislike? Because it's easy enough to set it up on your TV to where you can just sit on a couch and play like a regular console. Most games are pretty good about controller support and you can check before you buy any (I play almost all of mine with a 360 controller) to where it feels no different than playing a console game.

Nothing wrong with focusing on other interests! I've been getting back into reading myself (doing a read 12 books in a year challenge lol) so I feel you. A break might be good to feel refreshed when you start playing something again as well.

@Ronin - You are a Bioware playing machine! What did you focus on on this playthrough?

I've never heard of Staxel, but looked it up and it looks pretty neat! If you pick it up please give impressions, I'm interested to hear how it plays.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:Is it the act of playing on the computer itself that you dislike? Because it's easy enough to set it up on your TV to where you can just sit on a couch and play like a regular console. Most games are pretty good about controller support and you can check before you buy any (I play almost all of mine with a 360 controller) to where it feels no different than playing a console game.

Nothing wrong with focusing on other interests! I've been getting back into reading myself (doing a read 12 books in a year challenge lol) so I feel you. A break might be good to feel refreshed when you start playing something again as well.
Yep, that's it. It always feels downright confining, playing with my gigantic 19-inch laptop, even on a good pedestal. I don't have a male/male cord to hook up to the TV with and haven't looked into getting one at this point, and I don't think my very cheap TV would work with other options (though I didn't check). I also find that controller support is often kind of iffy at least on the games I already have (though perfect with some games...I also have a 360) I guess I could try harder to make playing those games console-style possible, but ... I don't know. I never feel compelled to go to the extra trouble for it. Stubborn mental block, I guess. I own about 40 games on Steam but luckily they were all bought on huge sales (over a period of five or more years), so at least it doesn't represent nearly as much money as 40 games normally would.

I do want to write, right now, more than I want to play. The ideas are just bulging right out of my head, there's so many. And it's just as much fun. :) The games can probably wait until one really demands my attention. Thanks :)
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:@Ronin - You are a Bioware playing machine! What did you focus on on this playthrough?

I've never heard of Staxel, but looked it up and it looks pretty neat! If you pick it up please give impressions, I'm interested to hear how it plays.
I'm just going through the playthroughs I have left over mainly. The first four I have I've already gone through, but I'm willing to go through again since it's on the Xbox One. I went through my second playthrough this time. I played a mixed morality Male!Shep with a Tali-mance. Pretty much he picks the Paragon options, but selects the Red Intimidate options. He's also hasty, so any interrupts I see I push them regardless if they're paragon or renegade, and whichever one comes up first is the one that gets it. Right now, I have 2 playthroughs I already have played through and 6 more that I haven't gone through ME3 with left to finish. I'll then move on to my planned 6 playthroughs of Andromeda. Currently have a Male!Ryder going for a Cora-mance.

I did cave in and start my third playthrough; a mostly renegade Fem!Shep with a Liara-mance.

I will definitely let you know about Staxel; I'll be getting it the second it becomes available.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That's awesome Ronin! I envy people who can make drastically different Bioware playthroughs--I get stuck on one character and barely ever deviate if I replay the game lol.

I made a mini goal to finish 3 games in January, and I was able to complete it early!

Finished:
West of Loathing
Pillars of the Earth
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive version

Really loved all three of them, but Ori was absolutely amazing and up in my favorite games list. I can't wait for the sequel!

Probably going to focus on Cosmic Star Heroine and Hellblade since they are fairly short now. Finally back down to 10 games in my backlog, so I'd like to beat one more before I pick up Iconoclasts on the 23rd.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:That's awesome Ronin! I envy people who can make drastically different Bioware playthroughs--I get stuck on one character and barely ever deviate if I replay the game lol.
Well, I only did a completely different playthrough of the trilogy once, and I hated it; Renegade Fem!Shep had me
Spoiler:
Kill Wrex, kill the Rachni Queen, kill Shiala, kill the colonists,
KROGAN ARE EXTINCT, etc.
. After that, I redid her and just kept one of those choices, the second one; never again.

Dragon Age Inquisition was the only game I actually did all available choices and stuck with them. I've almost done all the choices for Andromeda;
Spoiler:
Peebee's Loyalty Mission,
Cora's Loyalty Mission, Jaal's Loyalty Mission and the ambassador of Hellius are the only ones I haven't fully done, and I'm dreading the loyalty missions choices since I don't think I can do the others; they just seem so messed up.
I finished my third playthrough of Mass Effect 3 though. I'm going to take a mini break from it and explore the games I have started files on and didn't finish. Ironically, Mass Effect Andromeda was the first game that popped into my mind, so onto the Cora-mancer file!

And I bought Technomancer and Entwined while they were on sale, so...MORE ON THE LIST!

This is what I figure I have to play before I go back to ME3, but I'll probably go back to it before this list is even 1/4 of the way done:
That Andromeda file
Technomancer
Harvest Moon Tale of Two Towns
Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life
My second file for Trio of Towns
Bravely Second
Horizon Zero Dawn Frozen Wastes
MAYBE Nier Automata 2nd playthrough
.hack//GU Volume 1
Kingdom Hearts 2
ANOTHER Night in the Woods file because of the update
MAYBE Final Fantasy X
MAYBE Psychonauts, but I finished it before, so who knows
Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning
To the Moon
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Conker's Bad Fur Day (but I might just start that over)
Evolution Worlds
Yooka-Laylee
Sonic Mania

Pretty sure that's it, and I'm getting Digimon on Friday. Someone send help!