How's your backlog?

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So two days ago I started Harvest Moon 64. I had no idea who to marry as these girls are different than their BTN and FoMT counterparts. I ended up marrying Popuri; my least favorite girl from the Mineral Town games became my favorite Flowerbud Village girl. I'm currently in the middle of Fall Year 1. I'm going to work on upgrading the rest of my house and get the rivals married now.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Started and finished Detroit: Become Human. It was fun. :)
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote:So two days ago I started Harvest Moon 64. I had no idea who to marry as these girls are different than their BTN and FoMT counterparts. I ended up marrying Popuri; my least favorite girl from the Mineral Town games became my favorite Flowerbud Village girl. I'm currently in the middle of Fall Year 1. I'm going to work on upgrading the rest of my house and get the rivals married now.
Ahhhh yay! I really loved the Flowerbud Village bachelorettes vs their BTN counterparts. I also really enjoyed pairing up the rivals. I wish they would bring that back in the newer SoS games...

I finally picked Devil Survivor: Overclocked back up and FINALLY beat Jezebel omg. Now trying to beat Belberith and hopefully maybe FINALLY finish this game. I love this game to pieces, it was literally just the difficulty spike that killed my momentum and why I left it unfinished. Maybe next I'll pick Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker back up and keep on my SMT roll.

I also picked up Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven. It kind of reminds me of Stella Glow (which I also didn't finish ack) but in a good way. I actually like the MC so far, usually I'm not too big on harem leads :lol: The gameplay is pretty fun too!
Earthmate
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

^ Ooh, I may get that Lord of Magna one day! I’ve been considering it for a while.
As for me, I’m playing Sos Trio right now. I’m really enjoying it. I’m playing as a guy and I really want to be friends with Wayne, he seems like such a nice guy :) I’m taking it slow, I’m on spring 22.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

rachellion wrote:
Ronin19 wrote:So two days ago I started Harvest Moon 64. I had no idea who to marry as these girls are different than their BTN and FoMT counterparts. I ended up marrying Popuri; my least favorite girl from the Mineral Town games became my favorite Flowerbud Village girl. I'm currently in the middle of Fall Year 1. I'm going to work on upgrading the rest of my house and get the rivals married now.
Ahhhh yay! I really loved the Flowerbud Village bachelorettes vs their BTN counterparts. I also really enjoyed pairing up the rivals. I wish they would bring that back in the newer SoS games...
I can see why people like it. It has aged, but not so much that it's unplayable. I might start it over; I watched the rest of the girls' events on YouTube and I'm now torn between Maria and Popuri. Maria is so adorably shy and I've married Mary in BTN and FoMT, but Popuri is so similar to my first crush, Celia, that she's likable and so not like her BTN and FoMT counterparts.

Edit: I'll probably make a second file where I marry Maria, but, for now, I'll stick to my Popuri file and beat it. Almost done with year 1!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I have been considering buying Hiragana Pixel Party for a month or two now. Both because I want to see if it is actually fun, and because I always feel a little embarrassed that I can never remember/recognize a single symbol in Japanese (except the kanji for 'love' due to a rubber stamp I happen to own, and I don't even know which version of love it is) even though I see them daily in manga, anime and games. I wouldn't get it if it were expensive, but it's a little under $12, so not a big deal even if it turns out to be simply weird.

But how should a game like that be handled in regards to the backlog? It's almost not a game at all. You can't learn the language from this at all...at best you'd learn to recognize some hiragana on sight...but it still feels kind of like a tool or educational app. I'm mostly just curious about it. It looks like it might be a rhythm game, too. (Which means I may be a total disaster at it and will have to give up in despair after an hour...though it seems like they've kept it simple, as far as I can tell.)

I'm thinking of noting it on my backlog but entering it as a (0) right from the start, so that it doesn't ever count for OR against me, as I'm not sure what 'completing' it would even mean.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've gotten to Winter 1 Year 2. If I read things right, I have exactly two months left until my dad's evaluation. I hope I get the good ending; I already messed up on getting all the photos.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Got my copy of Fallen Legion today and haven't gotten around to booting it up yet. Gonna dabble in Pokemon Quest for a bit and see how that is just for giggles too.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Took a good look at Hiragana Pixel Party's video...and promptly decided not to get it after all, due to the eardrum-grating music, which sounds like the tinny noises you'd hear coming from MIDI music on a 1992 IBM or something. I'm sure I'd have more game options if my nostalgia gland hadn't been removed at birth. :/

Yay, whining!
Spoiler:
I am so desperate for my next big story, big adventure game with great characters and an attractive (not 'retro'!) art style. I hope Shining Resonance Refrain, Ys VIII, or Dragon Quest XI will scratch some of that itch. Please, you three...one of you reeeeeally needs to be the game I've been waiting for. I really want to play right now with all these stupid spinal issues of the moment preventing me from doing much else in the afternoons/evenings, and I want that especially on my Switch since I need to have my head tilted down rather than back for a while, lol.

All I've got left on my Switch wishlist that might fit the ticket are Earthlock, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, and Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs, but none of them look as promising as I'd like on those criteria.
Well, at least I can say I'm not heaping up my backlog! May is done now since I don't anticipate getting anything on the only day left in the month...and I only purchased one game (7'sCarlet) and finished it right away, so as expected, my total remains the same as last month...(+3) for 2018 thus far.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

How's 7'scarlet? I just stumbled upon it and I'm thinking of getting it. Is it good?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:How's 7'scarlet? I just stumbled upon it and I'm thinking of getting it. Is it good?
Hmm. It's not bad, but it's not very good, either. I found it very predictable...I was able to figure out almost everything that was going to happen because to me it felt like it ran on a collection of very common tropes. I really like to be surprised by the story more than I was with this one, and I never grew attached to any of the characters. However, that's just my opinion, not like a statement of fact or anything :) I'll quote what I wrote as soon as I finished it (no spoilers):
Kikki wrote:EDIT: I will forgo speaking of the story or characters for now, but here's a totally non-spoiler item for 7'sCarlet...the game forces you to go through the credits at the Prologue...no way to skip. And then for each happy ending you achieve, you have to watch them again, no way to skip. It's infuriating. I put the darned thing down and abandon it for something else until it's done.

EDIT 2: Yep, I'm done 7'scarlet, now. It was...okay. The very end was pretty good with bringing back one tiny detail told in an earlier route that would otherwise have been completely lost, but...overall it felt like it used so many cliches that I wasn't surprised by any of the major plot revelations. I didn't predict everything, but none of it really surprised me, either...it felt like typical Otomate. I may have played too many of their games, at this point. They need new writers, or something. Most of the routes just felt way too standard, and feeling like I already knew what would happen made the stories feel shallow. (Not sure if they actually were, or if it's just because I'm too used to this style.) I would say it has about 15-20 hours of playtime in it, if you 100% it. (I didn't bother going after the 'normal' endings for each route, just the happy endings.)
I might have loved this if I'd played it five years ago, but at this point I feel like Otomate has used all of their ideas and is now rehashing most of them in each game. I don't know how fair that assessment is...it's just how I felt.

But I'd really rather not put anyone off. I am hugely fussy and difficult to please because my tastes are so narrow. If you look at other reviews, so far it seems like this game is being praised pretty well. :)
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I beat Harvest Moon 64 and got the good ending! I really did love it. I do think it's very unlikely, but in the event of a remake, Harris will be mine!

I'm going to move on to the first Harvest Moon now; give it a try and play it until Vampyr comes out.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I have ordered the PS4 version of Dragon Quest XI to get the piddly 10% discount on pre-orders since I definitely want this in physical, since it's gonna be at least 30GB in size. (I always buy physical if a game has a huge file size but usually don't bother with smaller ones. I find digital more convenient, most of the time.)

I really want this on the Switch, but I'm so desperate for a new big story game that I can't possibly wait what will probably be an extra year just to be able to play it on the Switch. I think I can even get used to the peculiar squashed faces and circle-top-with-extended-legs eyes. (That Toriyama style is actually quite cute on children, and the rare characters that are drawn with more oval or almond eyes are gorgeous.)

In the meanwhile, gaming-wise, I don't know what to do with myself. There's nothing I actually want to play. (Especially on the Switch, whose library still remains pretty barren of the sort of games I'm into.) I think I'll probably get back to Stardew Valley and finally finish the story. I only got into...I think maybe spring or summer of year 2. I had managed to unlock the Greenhouse so that might make it easier to complete some of the other goals.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I got married to Ann in Fall Year 1 with the last house upgrade. I'm hoping to finish this game by Tuesday since that's when Vampyr comes out, but I doubt I will.

This is my plan: play or beat Harvest Moon Snes before Tuesday, play and beat Vampyr, play and beat Banner Saga 2, and then either back to Harvest Moon Snes or A Wonderful Life.

I've got a Bokujou Monogatari kick going on; want to make sure they're all beaten before the Switch announcement for Bokujou Monogatari. When that happens, I'll probably play or redo guy files for Grand Bazaar, Tale of Two Towns, A New Beginning, Story of Seasons, and Trio of Towns.

Edit: I beat Harvest Moon SNES just now. While it's not my favorite, I don't consider it bad; I prefer 64 to it though and I prefer it to GrB, ToTT, and ANB. Now I'm probably just going to go check random games out until Tuesday when Vampyr comes out.

Edit 2: After 4 years of neglect, I went back to Child of Light and managed to beat it! I was enjoying it 4 years ago, so long ago, and I was about to go to the final boss when the game crashed while autosaving and I lost all my progress. Needless to say, I never picked it up again until now. I didn't really think I was that close to the final boss when I beat it tonight, but I beat another game! I think I managed to beat 3 games in the span of 10-11 days. Not sure what to do now; I don't think I have another quick game I can finish before Vampyr.
quigley
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

@Ronin: Wooo, congrats on getting the good 64 ending!! I still haven't played all the way to the evaluation. I THINK I'm on the right track, but I'd really like to get the party picture. There's so many different theories on how to get it, it's difficult to know which will definitely work.

Currently replaying Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. Probably my favorite FE game. The gameplay isn't as quick and streamlined as recent entries, but the art, characters, and story are definitely my faves. It has great world-building that's especially fascinating for an International Relations major like me. I love the politics, different cultures (both race and nationality), and character development.

I REALLY want to finally play Radiant Dawn, but it's so difficult to find for a non-ridiculous price. :o

For the 3DS, I've been replaying Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (great game) and a bit of Sonic Battle (not the best, but still fun).