Yasuhiro Wada's new game - Little Dragons Cafe

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yup, I've seen proof that the dragon can be blue, green or white in addition to red...dunno how many other colours are possible, but I have seen these screenshots, so I know at least those three other colours are an option...
Spoiler:
Though I'm a little puzzled by the shot of the blue dragon, as that seems to be how the dragon came out of the egg, so they wouldn't have had any time to influence it with feeding, yet. Maybe their start-up colour is random.
Earthmate
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

That's pretty cool! Hopefully there will be more than three colours- it seems like there definitely could be. I really like the white as well, probably my favorite so far! If there is a grey though I'd love that too.

I do really like the artstyle of the game, it's like a drawing with pencil crayon or something, and the cel shading is really nice IMO.

Yeah it may be random, but does the game start with the egg hatching? If you can take care of it a bit before it hatches maybe that determines the colour?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You don't get to take care of the egg before it hatches. (I saw a half hour of gameplay starting from the beginning. If you don't mind seeing the whole first half hour of the game in advance, you can watch it HERE.)
Earthmate
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Oh ok, good to know. That's pretty cool! I'll check it out and report back tomorrow or something :)
Drag0n5
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Though I'm a little puzzled by the shot of the blue dragon, as that seems to be how the dragon came out of the egg, so they wouldn't have had any time to influence it with feeding, yet. Maybe their start-up colour is random.
I think the color it hatches as depends on what the mother asks what you want for breakfast the next day, which is when she gets sick. The options were meat,fish or vegetables which I think decides what color so meat has the dragon hatch with a red color, fish for blue and vegetables for green.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Earthmate wrote:Oh ok, good to know. That's pretty cool! I'll check it out and report back tomorrow or something :)
You don't have to report back :) I just stuck that link in there in case you wanted to check out the beginning of the game for yourself...I won't require a report for it, lol. Do as you like, of course. :)
Drag0n5 wrote:I think the color it hatches as depends on what the mother asks what you want for breakfast the next day, which is when she gets sick. The options were meat,fish or vegetables which I think decides what color so meat has the dragon hatch with a red color, fish for blue and vegetables for green.
Ah, that makes sense! I knew I saw one instance where the dragon hatched blue but in every other case it seems to have been red. So you do get to pick your starter dragon colour, sort of Animal Crossing style, by answering a question that would at first seem unrelated.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Guys, just FYI, all of Aksys has been hacked, and that included the LDC website. IDK when it'll be fixed but i'll check it in the morning.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Is that something new? Because for about the last month, around half the time I try to go to Aksys' site, I get a plain white screen with the words 'this site has been hacked' on it. Or it says that on the Google listing.
Earthmate
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:
Earthmate wrote:Oh ok, good to know. That's pretty cool! I'll check it out and report back tomorrow or something :)
You don't have to report back :) I just stuck that link in there in case you wanted to check out the beginning of the game for yourself...I won't require a report for it, lol. Do as you like, of course. :
Lol yeah I know, I just meant I would be able to talk in more detail about it haha! Haven't watched it yet but I will soon, I'm looking forward to checking it out :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Is that something new? Because for about the last month, around half the time I try to go to Aksys' site, I get a plain white screen with the words 'this site has been hacked' on it. Or it says that on the Google listing.
It seems to be back to normal now (I was getting popups and an unexitable page say my 'movie' was ready). Google does still list it as hacked, but now it's not try to force me to download viruses (jokes on them, I'm on a chromebook, you can't infect that).
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I see that another character has been introduced, and Google Translate informs me that he is named "Arugula Huey". (Never, ever trust Google Translate. Sometimes it's right, but most of the time you should probably just laugh.)

I kind of hope his name really IS Arugula Huey, though.
Spoiler:
EDIT: found it at a different location too, with more information and less crazy translations which suggest that 'Arugula Huey' was never one person to begin with...and also tells a bit about dragon colouring. According to that, there are TWENTY dragon colours possible. I see black, yellow and purple in those screenshots, now, which I have not come across before. I wonder what food it'd need to eat to turn black...sounds like it wouldn't be tasty, whatever it is.
Earthmate
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:...and also tells a bit about dragon colouring. According to that, there are TWENTY dragon colours possible. I see black, yellow and purple in those screenshots, now, which I have not come across before. I wonder what food it'd need to eat to turn black...sounds like it wouldn't be tasty, whatever it is.
Oh, nice- more dragon colours! twenty is a lot, that's really cool! Lol yeah- maybe the dragon can eat charred food to turn to a black colour?
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Every time I check to see how this game's coming the better it looks and the more I want it but it comes out the first week of next school year and it's $80 for the limited edition.
//And no, If there's a limited edition I'm not settling for regular.

Maybe I'll ask for it for a back to school gift or something. orz
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I was going to get the limited as at the time when I ordered it, it was just the plushie, but now it's waaay too much extra stuff for my liking. Just the game is fine for me, but I understand wanting all the other goodies too. Just not for me.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don't like plushies and the cards would just sit there in a desk drawer pointlessly, so the limited edition is of no appeal to me at all. I also never listen to game soundtracks on CD as I never like enough of the music to warrant it...I only ever like a couple of the pieces and don't want to be bothered with the rest.

Basically, I never buy limited editions because I just don't really like 'stuff'...I find it to be more of a burden than a bonus...it just becomes clutter in my life, which I hate, since for me, clutter = stress. I think the one I did go for once just included a bigger, sturdier case that would fit both part one and the eventual part two of a game, so that you could store them together, plus an art book that also fit inside the case, and I did go for that one. That's about the only level of limited edition I'd ever go for. The bonus items have to be really practical before I'll be interested. Even though for some reason the Switch version LE is the same price as the regular version, I'd still go for the regular because I just don't want to be burdened with all the stuff that I'd just end up throwing out. (I don't have any nearby gaming friends I could give them to, and mailing them would cost a lot of money.) It seems better for me to leave the limited editions to those who wouldn't waste them, lol.