Yasuhiro Wada's new game - Little Dragons Cafe

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thank goodness. Gives me 4 days to form an opinion on the game before Monster Hunter steals my soul.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Marvelous has released a new trailer for it, and it's very cute. It's in Japanese, but 'cute' can be understood just by looking, imo. :)

I wonder if this game will have a demo. If I could even try enough of the cooking mini-game (since it's something I might be hopelessly bad at and get frustrated by...mind you, it'll probably start out super easy so a demo might not show enough to judge by) that'd be a big help in my decision-making. Everything they're showing about the game looks great...but I always think that about nearly every game I see where Wada is involved, darn it.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The trailer literally opens with "The creator of Bokumono Monogatari new game!"

They are trying to get their audience over there for sure.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I wonder if they'll turn this into a series if it's popular enough, or if they intend it as a stand-alone. It's certainly getting a great response. I don't know about how it's being received in Japan so far but anywhere I see it, it seems to be charming everyone.

I think I may have to face the fact that games by Wada are always going to sucker me in. Sure, I have ended up not enjoying every game of his that I've ever tried, and yet...this looks so darned good, I don't think there's any way I can resist, even knowing my history.

I'm going to TRY to not buy this until long enough after release that I can get enough feedback on how packed the game is with things to do, how the mini-game is as you progress, and so on...but if I end up with nothing else I'm playing when August 24 rolls around, I know I'm gonna end up buying it. I could resist if I were busy with other games but I don't think there's anything upcoming at that time. Not for me, anyway.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Found an E3 impression, I didn't know aksys was there: https://rpgamer.com/2018/06/little-dragons-cafe-e3-impression/
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Found the tentative Japanese boxart.
Spoiler:
It's got the release date on it, so it's probably just promotional material, but its got some new(?) art on it nonetheless.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Found an E3 impression, I didn't know aksys was there: https://rpgamer.com/2018/06/little-drag ... mpression/
The news that recipes can be made automatically after you complete (master) them yourself once is good news; I expect it'll be very easy on the starter recipes, but if the cooking mini-game gets difficult on higher level recipes, at least I only have to get it right once per recipe and then I can be finished with it if I'm not enjoying that part. That was actually one of my bigger concerns...that the cooking part of the game might get tedious really quickly for me.

I'm still curious about what purpose money will serve in the game. I mean, I assume you make money from your customers. What do you then use it for? Can you upgrade your restaurant? Buy ingredients or outfits? Does your mom's cure take money? I just don't have a clue yet how money will figure into the game...what goals you may have in wanting to make it.
ryume
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I cancelled my limited edition pre-order today, as I really don't think a plush, a soundtrack and some cards were worth $80 (not to me, anyway). Kept my regular Switch pre-order, though. I like that cooking is a rhythm game - I sunk hundreds of hours into games like Theatrhythm FF and Persona Dancing All Night! Plus the level of adorable is off the charts...

I think even though I'm getting it day one, I will still wait for reviews before tearing into it. Games these days at release are too expensive to keep if nearly every review says they're terrible, but if it's amazing then I will be angry I didn't keep my pre-order lol.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Two new characters revealed! Celis and Genji.

https://gematsu.com/2018/06/little-drag ... elis-ginji

Celis has a great design, love her eyes.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I noticed Celis in an earlier post but she hadn't been introduced then...she's got a cool style, even with the giant witch hat, lol. The NPCs in this game seem really stuffed with personality, which is awesome. :)

It really annoys me that Siliconera KEEPS saying the release date for the game is August 28th in North America when Aksys themselves have several times confirmed it for August 24th, including just yesterday. I've even left that information for them twice but for some reason they keep writing that it is the 28th. (Gematsu properly shows it as Aug 24th, though.)

EDIT: Looks like there are still 3 character reveals to go...I wonder if they're planning to reveal other things once they're done showing the characters.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Two new characters: Miel and Lanchais https://gematsu.com/2018/06/little-drag ... l-lanchais

800 year old vampire, lol
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I am loving all these new characters. This summer is so awesome!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The cast just keeps on growing! I'm gonna guess you fulfil the requirements for their storylines by cooking a dish they ask for or gathering certain ingredients / defeating certain monsters. I suppose they'll reveal more closer to release.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That seems to be all of the cast members, now, except for one...the one that looks like a pair or possibly a trio of robots together. Gotta say again that the NPCs in this game are really interesting. The one major thing left that I would still really like to know is how money works in this game. If you use it to expand your shop, or just to buy goods, or etc. Usually making money is a bit deal in these games, necessary for all kinds of things...but there's been no mention I can think of of how money is used at all. I'll be a bit disappointed if it serves no function, because usually having lots of things to buy means lots of things to do and/or upgrade.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think the only thing I'm worried about at this point with the game is the excessive loading screens. I'm very much hoping they get that smoothed out before August.

Otherwise the whole game, especially the characters all look super charming. I was gonna wait but I think I'll risk it and day one it, just so I can get that nice Amazon discount.