Things You Want in Animal Crossing Switch

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

AC Switch is an inevitability. It'll likely come out within the next two years. Splatoon 2 was an early release, so the team has room to work on the new AC.

Let's talk wishlists.

Off the back of my head:

- Skin tones from the get go. HHD and PC have it, but honestly I don't like the "Pick your design" method and I hope that sticks to spinoffs. I want them to implement skin tones into the quizes.
- Farming. Don't make AC into SOS Lite, but I'd like to farm. Gardening is just so boring as is. Flowers don't sell for much and they feel unfulfilling.
- No mayor. Keep Isabelle and Digby but revamp their roles. I want each new AC to have a new plot. Don't be like WW->CF and just add new features.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

-Animal Crossing Switch
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:-Animal Crossing Switch
This. Honestly, so long as it's a main entry in the series, they can do whatever they feel is best for the Switch copy. I've never complained about a main entry in the series before.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I want villagers who move in to be under my control, house-placement-wise, so that they don't ruin my plans. I want a few new personality types in addition to the mere 8 we have already...the first thing I get bored of in AC is my animal neighbours, because even though there are over 400 possible characters in looks, there's really only 8 different personalities. I'd like some new types of fish and butterfly and bug that are more attractive than most of those we already have. I want even more control of things than we had in New Leaf with public works...I want to be able to customize my whole village to the max. More house shapes. Better options for walkways and so on. I'd like to be able to turn my village into a work of art.

But I have no idea what we'll get, and I know they'll change it up enough so it won't just be the Switch version of New Leaf. So in the end, it won't matter much what they do, as long as it doesn't feel stale.
Kam
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

a large aquarium/bug cage you can have installed in your house so if you decide to keep fish or bugs as pets they don't have to live in way too small containers
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Different climates could be cool. Be kinda hard to implement though.

I just don't wanna go to an island all the time.
sadeofraine
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
I'm pretty much happy with whatever they'd do, but if I did get to be picky about a few things? I'd like you to be able to set places where you'd want houses to be built, and also an easier way to kick out villagers.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

What I wish for is what I don't want. I don't any items or buildings, etc. locked behind walls requiring we have 100+ random visitors to our little town. It's a single player game and I like playing single player. I don't mind MP being an option, but having it required to unlock certain styles of buildings and such just seems wrong since I paid for 100% of the game but can't ever have but 95% of the buildings.

Other than that, I didn't see a lot that bothered me in the last few AC games.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Generally I don't think there's been a great deal of failure or misdirection in the series. I guarantee I'll enjoy the game...but if we're wishing...

I'd love to see some more variety in the events/holidays in the game. Maybe less region locking for holidays and mix it up with some more international holidays for everyone. (Also, I'd REALLY love a stargazing event--maybe on winter solstice.)
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

It's obligatory. The Wii U didn't get one because of Splatoon. The 3DS is having no successor, so there's no worrying about making multiple games in one gen. AC Switch is just a matter of time.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:
It's obligatory. The Wii U didn't get one because of Splatoon. The 3DS is having no successor, so there's no worrying about making multiple games in one gen. AC Switch is just a matter of time.
And considering this year seems to be about Smash, Splatoon 2 DLC and (maybe) Pokemon like how 2017 was Zelda, Splatoon 2 and Mario, I wouldn't put it past them for a summer 2019 release of the game. I just hope it's a world wide release.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm not at all worried that AC won't have a Switch version. I even saw that interview with one of the main Nintendo guys (sorry, totally don't know his name, just that he was important) saying that they like to have all of their major IPs show up on every console, when he was talking about the Switch. They're focusing a lot on ports right now, but that's not so bad. There were actually a decent number of really good games on Wii U that only about 10 million people in the world ever had an opportunity to play since that is all that ever bothered to buy that console. Anyway, I'm certain we'll get an AC game, and I don't think it's going to take another four years or anything like that.

I'd like to have a little more variation in how your character can look. Even with the different eye and hair options, pretty much all player characters in AC look basically the same to me. I'd like to have different face shapes as options, too, and possibly even make up. Like being able to colour your lips and around your eyes, or make your eyelashes longer/darker to give a more defined rim, or change eyebrow shape...things like that. And it'd be nice to have a couple of body options, too. Tall, short, thin, plump, etc. Still simple and cartoony, not realistic or anything like that, but a little bit of variety.

I would also like more terrain variation. It'd be nice to have a more interesting landscape. I just want more and more control over what my town and my house and my character look like. As above, I just really want major creative control, though without turning the game into something that doesn't feel like AC any more. (I certainly don't want AC Minecraft. Or I don't think I do, anyway...)
Ayriel123
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Longer hair options would be nice. I generally give all my characters long hair in games with character customization.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Just thought of something. Since I want more and more ability to customize my town/house/character, and the only way to do that, currently, is with patterns...I wish we could store more than 8 at at time. Using multiple characters to manage more than 8 has always been too big of a hassle for me, so I'd like my main character to be able to carry around a lot more than 8 at once. Assuming that pattern tiles will still be a thing in AC Switch, of course.

EDIT: I would also very much like for the colour palette they give you for making your own patterns to finally contain A SHADE OF GREEN THAT MATCHES THE GRASS. Why on earth did they not do that in the first place?! I wanted to make grass tiles to cover the hideous grass deterioration, but the greens are all notably different from the green of the grass so they all look totally out of place.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I guess the problem is that the grass is not one color, not even four colors, the shade changes ever so slightly while the seasons change.

It's not an instant change like in Harvest Moon, here even if you find the perfect shade of green, it will be off-hue in a few days.

I guess the solution would giving the player a palette that has colors that always match the grass? A transparent option would be cool too.