Memory Trees: Forget Me Not

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Crystal Power
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I ran across this indie game, it's been the first I seen that is actually 3D and it reminded me of Animal Parade.

Have anyone here seen this? I thought more people should know about!? It seems to follow more mature themes than Bokumono and Rune Factory.

https://sites.google.com/site/memorialt ... menot/home

A Gameplay Vid:
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm pretty sure I played a demo of this months ago but it was very empty of actual content. The graphics looked exactly like that, and it featured a brother and sister, too, so maybe it was a very early demo. It was very pretty.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I remember this game.

It has a lot of potential and it is still a WIP, but I find most of it off putting. The voices are very basic, delivery shaky and I feel the 3D models don't blend well with the environment, like they're part of two different games.

The art is pretty though, i'll give it that.

Regardless of my personal thoughts, the game is still in early development so I can't be too critical. It'll be interesting to see how it progresses.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Took me a while to get it to download on my stupid laptop but I played it for a tiny bit. Besides getting lost and rescuing one cat so far, I haven’t done much lol.

I’ll play it again tomorrow and give a slightly better review.
Right now though, the graphics look beautiful and the world looks large. Just wish I knew if there was a map and how to use it :shock:

Oh, and sometimes the camera angle changes suddenly/gets too close, which is annoying. I’ll see if there is a way to fix that.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It looks good, but I'm gonna wait until it gets closer to completion, personally~
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Well I tried the demo (non patron) and I liked it enough...

Graphics - Beautiful. Of course ive seen better but for an early demo, it’s very visually appealing imo. A lot of details and a pretty big world. Good runtime with minor lags. You can adjust your screen size and other things but I didn’t mess around too much with that.

Music/Voice acting - I rarely have music on in games so I can’t comment much in this area. I did have the volume on low so I can tell you that there is voice acting. The FeMC’s voice was high pitched at times.

Load time - Fairly fast. No major complaints. Does occasionally lag but not too much. When moving to a new area it can occasionally take a bit to load.

Controls - Could be better. You have to use the arrow keys to get around. Not sure if there is a way to change that but it didn’t appear to be. If you don’t use a mouse/touch pad, the camera angle will randomly change on its own. Which is annoying and can cause minor motion sickness. Doesn’t have xbox controller support.

Game play - Honestly there isn’t much to do yet. Without spoilers, you’re given a task right away but not much clues as to how to complete it. The only human characters you get to see in this demo (so far) is the MC’s father and sibling. If you speak to your father a second time then he’ll give you hints on how to complete the task but not much. Luckily there is a map and it’ll tell you (eventually) the general area of where to go but with the world as big as it is, it doesn’t help much. There is no “fast travel” so it can take a while to get from area to area. You’re mc can run but only for a limited time before the run meter needs to recharge (similar to Yokai Watch or My Time in Portia).

Fishing - Easy, fun. Gives you good instructions when you first fish. Not sure what game I can compare it to...

Glitches/Annoyances - I was playing the game for a few hours so this might be my fault but after completing the task first given, I saw a marked area on my map. I go there and talk to the character but my game semi froze. The time still went by but I couldn’t move anymore, couldn’t talk to them, pressed the map and menu buttons but nothing. Gave it a few rl minutes to see if it was just lagging but nope. Had to turn the whole game off.

Which brings me to my major disappointment:

In this game you can quick save, which brings you to the main menu so you can turn your game off. However that save is deleted the moment you reload. The only way to permanently save is to go you your characters house and save there but the MC’s House is NOT available in the non-patron demo. So you can only quick save.

I quick saved a few times (because I had to go to work or whatever) and able to load where I left off when I got back to the game. As I mentioned, it deletes that save the moment you load it. It wasn’t a big deal until my file froze. Since I couldn’t quick save, I had to shut the game down without saving. When I tried to restart the game, I no longer had a file so I would’ve have to start the whole game all over again from the beginning :/ All the work I had done was gone. :roll:

Good news (sorta): is that if you ARE a patron, then your MC’s house is available and you can have a permanent save file. Silver lining I guess?
I’ve played one other game that has the same quick save option but it still annoys me :shock:

All in all, it looks like it could be a good game when it’s complete. However, unless you become a patron (which you’d have to pay your desired amount monthly until you cancel), I’d say don’t try the open general public demo. Unless you really want to get a feel for the game.

Sorry for my lengthy post but I thought I’d share my experience and give my two cents lol.

Edit: I forgot to mention is that for your final ‘task’, you’re supposed to fight. However it doesn’t tell you at all how to fight so of course I died the first time -_- it took me a while (and running in circles like an idiot) before I figured it out....so if you try the game...good luck with that.
Also, what you fight might upset some people. You don’t kill them and they are fine after the fight (as well the game has a disclaimer after you win the fight) but I have a feeling that people will not like who you have to fight.

The language is nbd/normal up until the last ‘task’. They use very explicit language. Unless, I’m assuming, you play the censored version. So if you don’t want to read a bunch of curse words/strong language, I suggest putting on the censorship.