Re:Legend coming to early access later this year

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So a few of us had a conversation recently about Re:Legend and its potential release date, so I figured this update warranted a thread since it's a little surprising to me.

The game is now being published by 505 games and it's going to be first released on early access on Steam later this year, with the console versions happening later on.

https://venturebeat.com/2018/03/15/rele ... 505-games/

Seems like they are going the My Time at Portia route, which I think is a good idea overall for the most part, but curious to see how the people who backed for the console versions feel about it.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Portia is doing great...I honestly think it has a very good chance of being released at the projected date (sometime in fall of this year for consoles). They have added SO much content through their updates thus far.

Re: Legend, on the other hand, has been giving me bad feelings for a month or more. They are giving us NO update news, just pick-a-magnus contests that don't indicate any progression in the game development...so to me I figured their original projected date was not going to be upheld...I figure it'll actually come out in its final form some time next year rather than any time this year. But it's nice to hear that there are still plans in place to get it into EA this year, that's something. I don't love waiting but it's not the worst thing ever. (The worst thing ever is to wait and wait and WAIT with no news as to why there's still no game in sight.)

So...nice to hear what the plans seem to be as of now, anyway. :) I suppose it could come out this year, depending on when 'later' means for E.A. and how long it is in that state before they consider it complete.
Last edited by Kikki on Mar 15, 2018 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liliana93
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: (The worst thing ever is to wait and wait and WAIT with no news as to why there's still no game in sight.) So...nice to hear what the plans seem to be as of now, anyway. :)
^ dadai studios has currently done this, so yeah it's distressing when you don't hear any news on games you've invested into.

I'm hoping that they deliver though whether it's when they say or a little later (just to make sure things are more polished for the early access) I didn't back because after dadai studios (lullaby gardens) and memory of eldurim, I haven't wanted to invest money into more flopped early access games. Like with my time at portia (which I've definitely pooled enough time into to feel like I got my money's worth), I'll wait until the game is out in full and showing consistent updates before purchasing.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Tbh itll probably be a better thing for console backers in the long run cause steam version is gonna be the guinea pig release and ideally the console version will have things fully fleshed out and stuff.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I totally agree. I backed Portia but I didn't go for a tier with a beta key because I don't want to play it until it is complete (and debugged.) I didn't back Re: Legend, but I feel the same way there, too. I'll be happy (well, more or less!) to just wait until it's totally spiffed up as a final product and get it then, for a console I enjoy. :)

It looks like a spiffy game; I'm looking forward to it. Just not letting myself get too eager yet. :)
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I thought Square Enix was publishing this originally? Unless I'm wrong. I don't truly remember. Ah well. I'll just be waiting for the Switch release when it comes out, same with My Time at Portia. I'm glad it has an Early Access planned.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I believe that the connection between Re: Legend and Square Enix is that it got started on Square Enix Collective, which to me seems a bit like being 'greenlit' on Steam. Sort of. Except a lot more. It's a place you can go to put up your game to have people look it over and vote on whether or not they would want to support your project. And if a project is very well received...
Square Enix wrote:Once the Feedback phase ends, if it's clear that the community supports your idea, we may be able to support a project through its Kickstarter campaign. This is dependent on scheduling and capacity, so please check with us before submitting a pitch if this is a route you'd be relying on. If we do have capacity, and accept your request, we can help your campaign with due diligence and marketing via our email network, press contacts and social channels.
There's quite a lot of info about how it works on the 'about' page under 'what's in it for developers', though those are the possibilities of what SE might do...I don't know what deal they actually had/have with them. I daresay that the more promise a game has, the more Square Enix would be willing to get involved. As far as I know, their only direct involvement is in the soundtrack. I think mostly it was just about promoting them, other than that...I don't think they have anything to do with actually publishing the game. Anyone know differently? This is what I've been able to understand but I can be pretty thick, so...
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Eh, as long as it ends up my hands eventually, then all is good with me. I'm certainly not clamouring for new games this summer, so i'll keep Re:Legend in the back of my mind until we have something solid.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:I totally agree. I backed Portia but I didn't go for a tier with a beta key because I don't want to play it until it is complete (and debugged.) I didn't back Re: Legend, but I feel the same way there, too. I'll be happy (well, more or less!) to just wait until it's totally spiffed up as a final product and get it then, for a console I enjoy. :)

It looks like a spiffy game; I'm looking forward to it. Just not letting myself get too eager yet. :)
That's sort of how I am about early access games. I don't want to invest in one for fear I'd play it, and then be all burned out on it before the full game is released. I want to be able to discover everything while playing a full game.

I bought Kingdoms and Castles on a STEAM sale as a full game and have yet to play it since they were talking about adding stuff to it, and they have added merchants and ports. So now, if I feel like they are done adding major updates I may start playing the game.

Legend I will add to my Wish List when it comes out as EA, but I'll patiently wait until the game is done and reviews are in before purchasing. I'm doing the same thing with Portia now.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

LeBurns wrote:That's sort of how I am about early access games. I don't want to invest in one for fear I'd play it, and then be all burned out on it before the full game is released. I want to be able to discover everything while playing a full game.
I'm the same way on that note, too. With Portia, I played the Alpha demo, just to get a feel for the graphics/animation/sound and so on to see if I liked the bones of of the game...and I haven't touched it since. Playing it over and over, early demo, middle demo, beta 1, 2, 3, etc...no way. That would totally ruin the game for me. I'd be sick of it by the time the final release game out, lol. So I'm looking forward to both of those games reaching their final state, and then I'll play them thoroughly, nice and fresh :)
Ida
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I did back this and chose the Switch version. I actually don't mind it coming as early access for PC but later for the consoles since I have a really big backlog in games. As long as they actually release it and it ends up being a quality game, I'll be pleased either way. As much as I want to play this game it is definitely one I don't mind waiting for.