Farming Simulator suggestions

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Curious Farmer
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hi, I was looking for suggestions of games to look at that are similar to harvest moon.

so far I have found,

Stardew Valley

Gleaner Heights

Worlds Dawn

Wild Season

My time in Portia

I'm really interested to see if you guys have anymore suggestions?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Rune Factory has farming, though a more magic-laden type than HM.

Re: Legend will have farming. It looks pretty spiffy but I don't know how close it is to being released, yet.

And I assume that when you say 'Harvest Moon', you know about both the new 'Harvest Moon' that Natsume makes, as well as the older series, Bokujo Monogatari, that had its name changed from 'Harvest Moon' to 'Story of Seasons' after HM: A New Beginning due to a change in localization companies? Of course, both series have farming as a main feature.
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Staxel

Ooblets (Not out yet)
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

2017 is a good starting point for Farmi- oh wait you meant something else.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles, kinda.

Picontier also seems to have farming, fishing, and character interaction, but it's not out yet.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Re: Legend will have farming. It looks pretty spiffy but I don't know how close it is to being released, yet.
I really want to get my hands on this game but it seems they are adding new features and updates faster than they are developing the game. At some point they need to stop making benchmarks and new feature promises and just finish the game already. They are also starting to really promote it as a Multi-Player game, which for me is unfortunate as I have no desire to play that way.

From the games the OP listed I assume you are wanting PC games. There really was a missing gap in games like this prior to 2017, and then all the sudden it seems everyone was making a farm-sim game. But only a few are completely finished so far (most have already been mentioned), but many others are in early access and development. 2018 will hopefully see many more come out.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

LeBurns wrote:
Kikki wrote:Re: Legend will have farming. It looks pretty spiffy but I don't know how close it is to being released, yet.
I really want to get my hands on this game but it seems they are adding new features and updates faster than they are developing the game. At some point they need to stop making benchmarks and new feature promises and just finish the game already. They are also starting to really promote it as a Multi-Player game, which for me is unfortunate as I have no desire to play that way.
If it makes any difference, they're going to be sending out Alpha keys to a few select people 'very soon'. It's too early to tell where they are in development, but I feel it's coming along. They also have a publisher now (505 Games) so it's certainly on its way, just not super fast.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, it's funny. Re: Legend has the heavy backing, with the super-successful Kickstarter as well as support from Square Enix (at the very least in the music department...don't know what other kinds of support they may have provided other than promoting their KS), so I thought it was the 'sure thing', and that My Time At Portia, which went to Kickstarter a month or two later and had no special backing at all and a smaller-scale Kickstarter, was more likely to be the risk.

And yet, Portia is progressing wonderfully with massive update after update (they even have the bonus Museum and the ability to raise livestock and ride horses implemented in the current beta version, to some degree or another) and Re: Legend doesn't seem to be doing much at all beyond working on the soundtrack and running Pick-A-Magnus contests and adding a few practical things like the Fishopedia or whatever they called it. I haven't seen anything of substance on them developing the actual gameplay. I feel like Portia may well come to completion before Re: Legend does.

They are doing something, though...at least they've never gone into radio silence or disappeared in any way, and they are making progress, it just seems like really tiny amounts. But however it goes, farming-life sims are definitely on the upswing. Stardew Valley made people think they could make their own games and maybe even get rich off of them since now one guy working all by himself has managed just that. It's like climbing Everest. Before anyone had done it, it seemed impossible, but once one person succeeds, suddenly everyone is doing it.