New and tentative game announcements

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:
Bluie wrote:If/when you ever get back to it, I can tell you how I got Zeke to 999 luck and managed to pull the rest of the blades I was missing. But yeah, my second playthrough I just set it to easy mode and went on through the story for funsies. I'm tempted to do it again, but i'm just gonna play with the DLC coming out today and wait on the Story DLC out in a few months. I'm really excited for the latter.
Jin has been my favourite character since even before the game came out (just looking at his design made it obvious what type of character he was, just like Itachi Uchiha's always made me feel even before 'the truth' was revealed) so I expect I may well LOVE the DLC story where I only liked the main story, lol.

And thanks! :) Did you find boosting luck helped? I managed to double my characters' luck when having them hatch cores (I can't remember what opening a core is actually called right now). I didn't go to great lengths, just changed the accessories, but I got Zeke's up to 480 or so, but it didn't seem like it helped. Of course, 999 is a lot higher... Still, I'm willing to do anything that'll help make it less painful to get the last blades I still have to go (not sure how many that is now that a few more have been added.)
Lora is one of my favourite characters, designwise and storyline involvement. I am a sucker for origin stories like hers + she's dressed like a samurai soooo... yeah.

Maxed luck made all the difference for me. I was getting common upon common, having Luck around 400+, but I looked into how to get Luck all the way up, did so, and then I rapid fire got all the New Game+ blades, and then 20+ legendary cores and KOS MOS popped. So, it certainly helps. It might not be as fast as it was for me, but your chances are raised regardless.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm still confused about the physical version of Torna: The Golden Country and I didn't watch those portions of treehouse because I didn't want even small spoilers...I want to see every second for myself. So if this info was in there, I didn't see it, and it's not in any articles I've looked at.

Basically it's just a way to have box art for the DLC story, right? There's nothing inside except a code? Which means if you already have the expansion pass or season pass or whatever it's called...it's $40 just for the box and a code you don't even need...right? (It must be ALL of the DLC contents, not just the story, right?)

And this battle challenge mode that was added as an update just now...is it just an update, or do you have to have the DLC to get it? I have the DLC so I can't check to see if it's there even without it.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Challenge mode is part of the DLC and was added via the most recent update. I played it enough to get Morag's outfit and i'll come back to it later. All of the challenges seem pretty doable as long as you have the right set up (I failed one because I had no healer and we got murdered).
Spoiler:
Shulk has foresight just like in X1 - it allows his driver to dodge whatever attack was about to hit them.
And I have no idea about the Torna DLC physical. There's multiple sources saying different things so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh, good to know...I wasn't clear on if the challenge battle mode was just an update for everyone, or part of the DLC.

And this graphic is a good summary for E3 as well as all Nintendo games currently confirmed for this year. Games BY Nintendo or closely related, that is...not all the games for Switch by just anyone. (That'd be even more handy but a graphic that contained all that would be pretty convoluted.)
Spoiler:
Off of that sheet, right now I'm trying to figure out what the 'Ark' game is about. Unfortunately nothing on that sheet is of interest to me except The World Ends With You and the Xenoblade DLC story, though I'm still checking all of the games to make sure I know what they are.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Off of that sheet, right now I'm trying to figure out what the 'Ark' game is about.
Apparently Nintendo Everything doesn't allow images to be hotlinked - fyi. So your image is defunct. But.

Ark is a Scifi survival game ported over from Steam where you're sent to a land of dinosaurs with nothing but your underwear. You farm dinos to make clothing and build shelters and you can tame dinos and such. The only reason I know of it is Grandma Shirley (grandma youtuber who primarily makes Skyrim content, she's adorable) has played it. I saw the name on the direct for just a second and wasn't sure so it's good to confirm.

Edit:
Kikki wrote:I'm still confused about the physical version of Torna: The Golden Country and I didn't watch those portions of treehouse because I didn't want even small spoilers.
Treehouse specified that the physical copy is NOT a season pass, it's the STORY DLC only. Season Pass would include all the extras - quests, new blades, what have you.
Last edited by Mikodesu on Jun 15, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Now that E3 is over I'm already scanning the news for word of anything coming out of the Tales Festival, since it's the 16th in Japan already...I'm honestly fairly hopeful that when I wake up tomorrow, word of a brand new Tales game may have hit the internet. I don't know how likely that is, but it doesn't seem far-fetched, at least. I don't know if the 'Enterteria' that got TMed by Bandai Namco in Australia and Japan is actually that or not, but...well, I'm moderately hopeful.

I'm not putting any stock in the idea of a Xillia 1 & 2 collection on Switch, though. That would just be too much good luck...the gaming gods are never quite THAT nice to me, lol. If they do announce a new Tales game, between that and Vesperia Definitive, I should be pretty satisfied until next E3. (Though I may start itching for news of AC Switch by the end of the year.)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If it's a phone game, we riot. They already shut down Rays and Link (in the West), so they should seriously just back off the platform if that's how they handle things.

Vesperia Definitive is probably the appetizer for something more, but whether or not they're ready to show it off will be answered within the day or so.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don't even want to think of my favourite titles going to mobile, tbh, lol. I tried Rays but I just don't like mobile gaming.

Well...they did say that Berseria was the last Tales game that they would be making with the PS3 in mind. I suppose this one may take longer...they released on PS3 for a long time. They did announce a game for the Switch a year and a half ago now...do you suppose they actually meant Vesperia? I hope not...I wanted it to be a new one, not a port. (Though I'm happy about Vesperia going to Switch as well as other consoles!) Still, I'm hoping they won't make too much beyond a two year gap between the last game and the next one.

Eh, can't be too much of a whiner. To me, Vesperia is a new game...I haven't played it at all, and they've revamped the graphics, too. Still, it's hard not to be greedy about your favourite series. I could seriously go for a brand new Xenoblade game every six months, lol.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Saw this on Twitter. There's a fantasy otome game called Gehennam that just released a demo (the prologue apparently) on itch.io.

Otome games aren't really my thing but I love the premise so I'm tempted to try it anyway. :) We shall see. But if anyone else is interested, their social media links are there too.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Possible good news for anyone who likes VNs and the Switch...Robotics;Notes Elite may be on the way. Memories Off: Innocent Fille is in the same situation.

What is with all the nonsensical game names from stuff coming out of Japan, btw? Do they give them those bizarre names from the start, or are they only weird once you localize them?
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Possible good news for anyone who likes VNs and the Switch...Robotics;Notes Elite may be on the way. Memories Off: Innocent Fille is in the same situation.

What is with all the nonsensical game names from stuff coming out of Japan, btw? Do they give them those bizarre names from the start, or are they only weird once you localize them?
Oh my goooosh, I hope they localize Robotics;Notes Elite. I've been holding off on the anime in hopes of localization.

Games with the ';' Between the two words are part of the Science Adventure series. Ever popular title Steins;Gate is the most recognizable (and arguably the best) in the series.

Anonymous;Code is the next upcoming in the series and it's already been confirmed for Switch, but no actual release date yet.

I'd not be surprised if they put the whole series on Switch.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

New Tales game is in the works!

Though that statement is barely worth an exclamation mark since that is the ONLY news...that a new one is in development. Which...duh. But at least it's an official confirmation. Better than nothing. :) And the Tales festival talked more about Vesperia Definitive so I'll be scanning for that info as well when it pops up.

EDIT: And here it is, news on the Vesperia Definitive edition. Though that may be a little different. Some of it could be Japan-only, I guess.
ryume
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Hope you don't mind me butting in, but I nearly cried when I saw the announcement trailer for the Vesperia definitive edition. It's my personal favorite Tales game, and while I did import the Japanese PS3 game, playing while constantly looking at a translation really takes something away from the experience. Already preordered this sucker on Amazon!

For anyone who may have missed the announcement trailer for the game:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... er/.132722
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There's no butting in; this thread belongs to anyone who wants to join! :) Though it may seem otherwise sometimes since this thread and the backlog thread are where I spend almost all of my time on FOGU, lol, so there is a much too high percentage of posts in here by me. But it really is supposed to be for anyone who wants to talk upcoming games :)

I was super happy to see official confirmation at E3, too. Vesperia has been the Tales game I MOST wanted to be able to play of all past games, but I figured I'd never be able to. So to hear that they not only are porting it to Switch, but remastering it...well, I felt pretty darned fortunate :) Even in all these years, I still have not at all been spoiled on the story...I've only heard enough about it to think it sounds like a great story with compelling characters. Cut to more blabber...
Spoiler:
So for me it's going to be like a brand new game, which I keep trying to remind myself of in the face of the fact that the only thing we got out of this Tales Festival that wrapped up today (yesterday in Japan?) is confirmation that a new game is in development. Which is nice to hear, but it was already obvious that that had to be the case, so it wasn't a particularly impressive announcement for me. But perhaps we'll hear more at...what is it, the Tokyo Game Show in September? All I'd need to start my excitement on a new game is a confirmed title overlaid on a single screen, I think. A screenshot or two would definitely clinch it. It's not that difficult to get me started when it comes to a favourite series. :)

Of existing games, right now I am probably most waiting on some localization confirmation of Liar Princess and the Blind Prince, and Nelke and the Legendary Alchemists. I really want to play those...especially Nelke. My hunger for town-building games with actual characters and story is always unsatisfied...there really aren't many of them! Stuff like Sim City really doesn't work for me.

Well, that and Cold Steel III and IV, of course, but I'm still trying not to think about them since no one knows when a localization announcement is likely, and it'll probably take quite a while for them to actually DO the localization after that since those games are ENORMOUS and very dialogue heavy. Unless they're already working on them and just haven't announced that, though I don't know how likely that is.
And speaking of Nelke...more info!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I recognize most of those shadows at the bottom! Good to see my two favourite alchemists (Totori and Logy) are making it in to the crossover. It's great to see Klein and Vayne too. They haven't completely forgotten the PS2 games. I'd honestly love to play the Atelier Iris trilogy (it and Mana Khemia 2 are the four localized titles I never got to play). A collection of the trilogy would be fantastic. Such is a pipe dream though...

Anyways, more Atelier news. It seems Atelier Online isn't dead and starts its beta soon. I doubt we'll get it over here (Atelier is way to niche over here for it to turn a profit), but it's cool to see nonetheless. It could be a great revenue increase for GUST if it ends up being a well made game.