New and tentative game announcements

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Holy...so you have to buy a huge load of junk to play it? Minimum $350 if you wanted to collect everything you possibly could. Hmm, well, even without that it looks like it does contain a lot of battling, like that's probably the main point of the game, so it's probably not a game for me after all. Cute graphics, though, it seems like it'd do pretty well if it came over. Thanks for the links :) I haven't seen anything that works quite like that before.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nah, the toys are optional. You get Snacks and Jaras as quest rewards ingame, but they're kinda rare. Buying the toys give you that specific item in game forever, and is exclusive to that toy (can't have it in-game any other way).
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No one here was waiting on 'Idol Manager', were they? For some reason the name seemed familiar and I saw news on that today. I'm not interested in it, personally, but... well maybe I'm remembering wrong and no one was interested in this. But just in case: https://nintendoeverything.com/idol-man ... to-switch/
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

A few days past the 10 day mark but figured this didn't need its own thread:

Looks like Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin is going to be shown off in Japan this weekend!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I had been going to revive this just today because of the otome announcements, and the XC2 new story update, then again when I saw Sakuna! :D I'm so glad a mod did it instead because I'd just be breaking the rules, lol. So many games are not at a stage where they are worth a thread to themselves.

It's good that it's existence it being shown again, finally. But I hope Xseed shows this to us at E3 since that's one I'll actually understand :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Eh, it's not months past and it's still a relevant conversation so, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cool to see it being featured after this looooong silence on it (almost a year!). On my eventual PS4 wishlist, because it looks like a ton of fun. The sidescrolling segments remind me a lot of Muramasa, mainly the farmer and ninja characters.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It looks like there's some good news. Mineko's Night Market is supposed to come to Switch sometime this year. I'm happy about that since I was quite curious about this game but not willing to play on PC. :) It looks like another one my sister might like, and if so that would make it an even better buy for me, so I'm glad I'll have the chance to look into it properly.

EDIT: Also, I know DQB2 was discussed today but I can't remember if this video was part of that or not, so I'm sticking it here anyway :) I think I glimpsed either a few new types of block in there, or maybe I was just seeing blocks that had been sliced diagonally.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh my gosh, yes, yeeeeeesss. I can't wait to grow cats on the go.

I'm also sosososo excited for Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate finally coming over. I almost imported it the other day. So glad I held off! I can't wait to murder larger than life monsters as a cat again. Now in HD!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I had read on the Mineko site that they were trying to bring the game to more consoles, but I hadn't been holding my breath, so I'm pretty happy that it is coming to Switch after all, and without any additional delay, too. It looks like it will be fun, though I don't actually care about the cats. :)

It'd be great if this has a demo, but this might be one I'm willing to try even if it doesn't, as the art is really eye-catching.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I found a really cool looking Japanese indie while browsing this morning coming to Switch. It's called RemiLore and it looks like a fun action game.

I like that there's multiple weapons and bullet hell elements.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:I found a really cool looking Japanese indie while browsing this morning coming to Switch. It's called RemiLore and it looks like a fun action game.
That's funny! I must be getting an idea of what you like, as I saw that yesterday on Nintendo Everything and immediately thought 'that looks like a game Bluie would like', lol.

EDIT: Details on Limited Edition version of Little Dragon's Cafe from Aksys HERE.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

HAH, you're beginning to know me so well! It kinda helps that i'm extremely drawn to anime aesthetic with any genre attached, but only a select few actually end up being enjoyable once I play them. I like to try everything, give it a chance, sometimes I get a pleasant surprise while other times it's a big pile of steaming disappointment.

Back on topic, seeing Undertale Switch footage has me lowkey excited to play it again. I might actually do a genocide route for once as I'll probably have more of a chance with the Switch controls than my keyboard.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I have just come across Labyrinth of Refrain. I know nothing about it, and at first I thought 'nah, doesn't look like it's in my genre', but...I watched the video and couldn't decide what kind of game I was even looking at. The video was fun enough to watch, anyway, so I'm sticking the article HERE. Now I have to go look it up and see if there is more to learn :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Labyrinth of Refrain is a first person dungeon crawler akin to Etrian Odyssey. Create a party and explore. I've heard that it's a really good one (has all the big NIS names on it), but i'll be skipping it as the main character is a massive « Duck Quacker » and i'm not too fond of the setting. The game is part of the Witch and Hundred Knight series (same setting, references, among other things) as a spinoff title.

I'm also not huuuge on the first person dungeon crawler genre as they seem to be a dime a dozen these days and I've burnt myself out on them. I can only see myself playing a remake of Persona 1 or Etrian Odyssey 3 as those were the last two I cared about. That being said, the JPN eShop got a port of Class of Heroes and tons of people love that one. So if it happens to make its way over to our eShop, I may give it a try for the right price.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hmm...I never bothered to finish Witch and the Hundred Knight (I suppose I still could but I'm not that interested) from when I got it years ago. And I like Etrian Odyssey...but only the 'Untold' versions (Millennium Girl and Fafnir Knight), not the main line. I need more story and character focus and the Untold ones give me just that. :)