Rebought Animal Crossing New Leaf. (AC conversation)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

Are you still playing AC:NL?

You may select 1 option

View results

Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So, I somehow managed to lose my old copy and recently bought a new copy a few days ago. I started it up last night and wow, it’s been a while but I miss the feeling of it. Starting from scratch is also exciting, especially since the copy I bought already had the update built into it.

Is anyone playing this until AC switch comes out or anything? Let’s talk Animal Crossing.
Pocket camp too.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I really want to still be interested in New Leaf, but I'm just not able to dredge up any enthusiasm any more. Now once the NEXT AC game comes up as a topic, I'm sure I can talk so much that people will be asking me to go away. :) So I haven't lost interest in AC, but I feel like I've drained NL of fun things to do, at this point.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

It's definitely a great game--haven't played it in a while though. I've still got my copy so I'm at that sticky point where I like my town enough to not want to demolish it, but actually PLAYING is kind of a slough.

Embarrassingly I play Pocket Camp pretty much every day. :oops: I don't usually play mobile games but it's become my routine while I eat breakfast before I get to work. That will likely go down the drain come AC Switch though...
PeachyKeen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'll pull out the game once every few months to a year to make sure my fav villagers didn't leave but otherwise, I don't really play much anymore. I love AC, but its one of those games I'm incredibly enthusiastic about and play for months-a year after release and then just stop playing one day and don't pick up again for a while lol.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I check back every now and then, but there's nothing left for me to do except to fill the museum with art. My house is paid off with an impressive HRA rating, my town is where it should be (but I would like to have those Japanese bridges the cranky villagers are supposed to come to me with; never happens), and I have a vast fortune. I'm just waiting impatiently for AC Switch right now.
quigley
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Same, I play it rarely just to check up on my town. There are a few pieces of furniture I'd still like--the vintage radio for example--but what I'd really like are more public works projects. They're so rarely suggested, though, it's kinda frustrating.
Kemine
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm thinking of picking it up one of these months again. We bought Mario Kart 8Deluxe recently so I'm playing that, and then I'm busy with other things, and I'm trying to get back into Pocket Camp, which is going okay. I messed up on the recent garden event and thought I'd have another day.

I'm really bummed about the lack of AC Switch news though, and I'm thinking of playing NL and letting some old animals move out so new ones can move in, like Medli and Epona and Wolf Link <3 and then actually finish my town and house. After playing Happy Home Designer, decorating my house in NL is kind of a slough, but it'd be nice to have it put together. Maybe it'll help tide me over and patch up the hole in my heart that is the lack of AC Switch.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'll leave this open since there's relevant discussion, but please remember to check the dates when you reply to a post. Thanks!
quigley
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh gosh, I'm sorry! I didn't realize it had been a whole month. My bad. v_v
Th3Und3rtak3r
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I’m always willing to play, I just never have anyone to play it with ahaha
Windy

Post  Posted:

I still play Animal Crossing New Leaf but just recently picked up City Folk again for Wii. I lost my aave file on my Wii so im starting from Scratch. No online play is a bummer. If I can figure out how to get my wii on the private servers maybe I can get City Life fully running again.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

My fear with some of these AC games is the trading part. I recall there were some items that I would have never received without trading or having so many visitors, etc., and once these games get several years old I can imagine trying to find those other players would be about impossible. Same with some of the old HM games where you needed to go to a special trading area to exchange gifts and pet each other's animals and such. When the player base dies down it about kills the game for a late player. One of the reasons I really hate these features in games.

But my daughter used to play ACNL alot, but now all she plays is PUBG on her iphone.