Fire Emblem - Three Houses coming July 26th!

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

Which team are you now? (After time skip info)

You may select 1 option

View results

Night Owl
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

The kingdom has a name? Huzzah for world building! And wow, that artwork looks amazing. I really like the style, it's so good. The main trio's looking good. I really want to see more.

They haven't revealed the person who did the art yet, right?
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Not yet. They'll either announce it soon (Twitter) or a little later (Famitsu).

This isn't as easy to differentiate as Hidari and Kozaki, so i'm curious as to who it is.
Poppyseed
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I've seen some people saying it's Kurahana Chinatsu who does the art for stuff like Uta no Prince Sama? Kinda looks like it, I guess? I know her art from a couple of others games I know of but I'm not 100% sure.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
*crosses fingers*

please let me be gay
please let me be gay
please let me be gay
please let me be gay

And not just one option for each gender out of like 20, plz.
EDIT: Interestingly enough, the name "Byleth" seems to be based off of "Beleth" which was the name of a demon and a king of hell.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Blue Rose wrote:
Spoiler:
*crosses fingers*

please let me be gay
please let me be gay
please let me be gay
please let me be gay

At the very least, if they only include a few options, I hope they'll go with some of the plot heavier characters this time around for options (like Claude/Edel/Dimitri seem to be)
Lon Lon
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Poppyseed wrote:I've seen some people saying it's Kurahana Chinatsu who does the art for stuff like Uta no Prince Sama? Kinda looks like it, I guess? I know her art from a couple of others games I know of but I'm not 100% sure.
At first it reminded me of Doi but upon closer inspection it does look similar to Chinatsu's art especially in these pics where the blonde dude looks just like Dimitri.
Spoiler:
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
Blue Rose wrote:
Spoiler:
*crosses fingers*

please let me be gay
please let me be gay
please let me be gay
please let me be gay

At the very least, if they only include a few options, I hope they'll go with some of the plot heavier characters this time around for options (like Claude/Edel/Dimitri seem to be)
TBH I'd be 100% perfectly happy if they AT LEAST just stuck with the main options. Cause at least everyone would have a chance at the main focus characters. Versus randoms from wherever side/route/whatnanny. As much as I adored Niles, it should've been someone with bigger importance to the story or one of the neutral characters.
Shortybread
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Man, I felt physically ill when the trailer started playing, I was so excited
This was honestly all I was really hoping for, and everything else was just icing on the cake at that point :shock:

I'm really hoping for a customizable unit and marriage, lolol. I know some people think it's pandering and don't like it but I had a lot of fun with it tbh, so I'd be a little sad if they did get rid of that feature. I care more about the story overall, so if that's good, I'll be ok but...
Let me pick out my husband, FE, please...

As for the quest for the game's artist, I don't know what to think :?:
It definitely reminds me of persona, and comparing them side by side there are a lot of similarities
But I can also see what people are saying on the likeness to UtaPri, though my snap judgment was "no way"
Looking at some of the official art though, I can see where people are coming from so I'm not sure anymore.
Night Owl
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Blue Rose wrote:
Spoiler:
*crosses fingers*

please let me be « homosexual »

EDIT: Interestingly enough, the name "Byleth" seems to be based off of "Beleth" which was the name of a demon and a king of hell.
Well the cut-in they used for Byleth looks evil, so I wouldn't be surprised if something's up with our avatar this time around. And agreed, they need some more variation in romance options.

I just want them to get rid of the baby dimension from Fates. The child units were so shoehorned into the story.
Poppyseed
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Lon Lon wrote:At first it reminded me of Doi but upon closer inspection it does look similar to Chinatsu's art especially in these pics where the blonde dude looks just like Dimitri.
Spoiler:
It's probably just me, but when I look at the art it doesn't look like Doi's art at all? I never would've thought of that until people mentioned it either. I'm not really seeing the similarities? But yeah, I'm leaning towards Chinatsu for the artist.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, honestly the whole romance system is fine (I kind of doubt they'd take it out at this point anyways), but unless they do something like actual generations, I really would rather there not be kid units at all.
Lon Lon
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Poppyseed wrote: It's probably just me, but when I look at the art it doesn't look like Doi's art at all? I never would've thought of that until people mentioned it either. I'm not really seeing the similarities? But yeah, I'm leaning towards Chinatsu for the artist.
Eeeh I thought the face looked similar to the stuff he did for Trauma Center more than anything. The nose and coloring is different but the eyes and stance are similar. I've seen most people say more Soejima than Doi in any case.
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Shortybread
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Ech, yeah, no baby realms please, lol.
I do really enjoy seeing the next-generation, I think it's really cute, but it was just weird in Fates...
Not to mention, a lot of the kids didn't feel like fleshed out characters to me? Like, comparatively to the kids in Awakening, I dunno, I had a hard time getting attached to the nextgens. (Though, I did love Kiragi and Dwyer)

So, I'd rather they remove nextgen altogether, if they can't figure out a decent way to fit it in.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm fine with romance, but no more kids, please. I also don't really want a massive-« Mr.Gourmet's hat » cast like Fates (and to a lesser extent, Awakening). The latter is less of a 'serious' want though. If there's gonna be three armies, I expect a larger cast, but if there's no kiddos, please let them be more fleshed out characters.