Golan (Goran)

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Susa-Ann
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The Blacksmith Shop owner:
His japanese name is Goran, but the romanized name is Golan. I've never heard the name Golan before. (I only know that Golan is a plateau on the border of Israel). But I know that Goran is a first name (a tennis player's name is Goran IvaniÅ¡ević).

So my question: where's the name "Golan" from?
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

Golan is the name given to his data files inside the game, so that's what I changed it to.

Valts == Valuts
Maseru == Masell

Then there's also Cliff, the Doc, Populi (yes, that's how it's spelled, but that could easily become Popuri), Kallan, Siba, and Wada.

I'm hoping Siba and Wada are the theives from the manga comic :lol:

*edit* I'm guessing not now, since the Japanese players are saying Siba comes 3 days after you restore the bridge. That's probably not one of the brothers.
foxmanic
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Cherubae wrote:Golan is the name given to his data files inside the game, so that's what I changed it to.

Valts == Valuts
Maseru == Masell

Then there's also Cliff, the Doc, Populi (yes, that's how it's spelled, but that could easily become Popuri), Kallan, Siba, and Wada.

I'm hoping Siba and Wada are the theives from the manga comic :lol:

*edit* I'm guessing not now, since the Japanese players are saying Siba comes 3 days after you restore the bridge. That's probably not one of the brothers.
Have any pictures of Siba and Wada? I would love to see characters not shown in its homepage :3
Kyledoveness
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

How do you know about the data files cher? o.O youd have to hack the game and even then you dont have it yet?

Goran reminds me of The goron from zelda (large muscly creatures who eat rocks) and the pokemon graveller's japanese name goron (who is also a large muscly rock creature)

so therefore Im thinking its like a muscly strong character type name.
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

I prefer Goran too, but hey *shrug* that's what is name is listed as in the data files. His name will probably be different in the potential English version, so I guess it doesn't matter too much. :twisted: Let's call him Goran anyway.

If I had pictures of Siba, Wada, and the others then they'd be on the Hm7 page :P
Myah-san
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I know I got their official romanizations from the HM:7 japanese website. When you try to save the images from the site, you'll see what ones they used. It may not be entirely correct as there have been discrepancies between those names, and the romanization of names in previous games (Like Rune Factory's credits).

As for hacking the game ^_^ That should be a fun challenge once my copy gets in and I'm not playing it. I never really messed around with Rune Factory the same way I did with HM:6 (If anyone remembers, I hacked the game to display some english text to help with menu translations as well as used it to display many images stored inside the games even though the palettes were incorrect) this'll be a good chance to make sure my skills haven't gotten rusty. Muwhahahah~
tobechi
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

cool~ do you mind telling me/us how you did that?

hacking into the game that is
Myah-san
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

tobechi wrote:cool~ do you mind telling me/us how you did that?

hacking into the game that is
Unless you want a lecture on the basics of hex editing and programming I can't help you... And I don't want to give one anyways :p. There are a ton of guides out there on the interweb that describe basic hex editing and how you search for words based on relative values.

As for how you gain access to a certain games data, that's something I can't discuss on a forum like this because if it were abused it could be used for pirating games, which is against the forum rules to talk about ^_^