Rune Factory 3: Tips and Tricks

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
RebelAngelMist
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I was able to get every girl up to 10 hearts before year 2. Follow these tips and you can be like me :D

Shara: Although she loves flowers, normal ones like Toyflower and Moondrop aren't going to cut it with her. However, I found that talking to her everyday and occasionally giving her a rare flower worked out just fine.

Raven: Odd as it might sound, Raven likes flowers just as much as Shara, and you'll get more points by giving them to her. She likes the crystals you get from destroying portals. And ore . . . not as much as Gaius but still. Don't give her skulls or bones, she's terrified of them.

Collette: Rice. Any type of rice is good but the easiest is probably baked rice ball. You can find them in Oddward valley or make them yourself by baking a normal rice ball in the oven. Whatever you do, do not give her milk!

Sakuya: While you can follow her advice and give her sashimi and monster items, I've found that she LOVES recovery potions. 500+ points for one!

Pia: Give her squid. Even better, give her fried squid or squid sashimi. Don't give her fish though. That will make her hate you :D

Carmen: Just give her fish. She likes them all :D She loves seafood pizza but that can be hard to get. Don't give her boiled pumpkin.

Karina: Give her an accessory, rings are the best, gems are good to. Don't give her diamonds however.

Sophia: She loves the useless stuff. Give her a super fail and she'd be extremely happy. Weeds and cans are good as well.

Marian: Same as Sakuya, Recovery potion and she'll love you forever :D don't give her tomatoes.

Kuruna: Dishes made with chocolate, I recommend chocolate cookie. Don't give her medical supplies.

And above all, TALK TO THEM EVERYDAY! If you need any help on any of the requests, please ask. I've finished all of them.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Oh, this is really helpful, considering I've been meaning to start a second file in which I raise all of the girls to 10 hearts. Thanks! :D
JollySheep
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Daria loves Flavored Radish!

I accidentally discovered this while trying to get rid of some stuff I'd accumulated.

Also, a super easy way to make money is to request Tuna at Carlos' fishing resort (it's pricey, around 65 thousand, I believe?) and catch as many tuna as you possibly can. Then go home and prepare Tuna Sashimi out of all the Tuna you caught. It takes a high cooking skill level, around 40? But it raises your skill incredibly fast and you'll have around 400,000 in profit after you've sold the sashimi. Depends how much you catch, obviously xD But it was really helpful to me early in the game.

And is it just me, or was raising the heart levels too easy in this game? :[ Everyone was at 10 before I could blink, and that really takes a lot of charm out of the experience!
Kemine
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

JollySheep wrote:Daria loves Flavored Radish!

I accidentally discovered this while trying to get rid of some stuff I'd accumulated.

Also, a super easy way to make money is to request Tuna at Carlos' fishing resort (it's pricey, around 65 thousand, I believe?) and catch as many tuna as you possibly can. Then go home and prepare Tuna Sashimi out of all the Tuna you caught. It takes a high cooking skill level, around 40? But it raises your skill incredibly fast and you'll have around 400,000 in profit after you've sold the sashimi. Depends how much you catch, obviously xD But it was really helpful to me early in the game.

And is it just me, or was raising the heart levels too easy in this game? :[ Everyone was at 10 before I could blink, and that really takes a lot of charm out of the experience!
I think they do. I don't give gifts to anyone and yet they're all at like...6 hearts and it's mid-summer. And it might just be that the time goes by really fast so it feels like they go up easily, but I'm behind in quests even, the hearts are going up so fast.
BlueTrillium
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Yeah, hearts and fp are really easy to max out in this game. I did keep up with the bachelorettes' heart requests, but even with regular villagers everybody (except the 3 from the desert settlement, which were a little behind) were at 10 hearts before the end of Year 1, and I never give gifts except on the person's birthday.

Additional note: In addition to Flavored Radish, Daria also likes Dried Sardines and Miso Eggplant. She also seems to like any colored grass, jam, and even rocks and sticks (though I haven't tried those last two - she does mention them as good gifts in some dialogue).

I believe Marian also likes colored grass.

-BlueTrillium
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

This was pretty helpful except for one thing. 500+ for a recovery potion is not giving you love points but recovering their HP. Marian doesn't like them. I have tried. She says thanks and tell you she likes green vegetables.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I NEED HELP. D:

First Problem: Okay, so you know how Wells and Majorie come and give you the recipe for the engagement ring? That happened but I didn't actually get the recipe. I went to look at my list of recipes and it wasn't there! D: Has that happened to anyone? Does anyone know why it happened?

Second problem: So, I figured I would just make it without the recipe so I used 2 silvers and 1 ruby. I'm skill 18 and it still isn't working. Does anyone know what skill you need to be to make the engagement ring with a 100% chance?

Third Problem: I can't seem to get my 10th love point with Marian. I have had 9 love points with her forever despite the fact that I have done all her requests, talk to her every day, and give her green vegetables almost every day. Does anyone know of anything I can do?

Fourth Problem: This is the thing I'm least worried about but just wanted some input about. I have 10 loves points with Pia and Sophia and 9 love points with Marian. I can't decide which girl to marry. I'm leaning towards Sophia or Marian but I'm still not sure. WHich girl makes the best wife? (Consider reactions to certain situations and food she makes- I want food that either A. Sells for a lot of money B. Gives me a lot of RP or C. AREN'T FLOWERS)

Anyway, thanks for your help and if you can answer any of my questions PLEASE RESPOND. PLEASE.
PeachyKeen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

This topic has been dead for a year. Please don't post on it.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:I NEED HELP. D:

First Problem: Okay, so you know how Wells and Majorie come and give you the recipe for the engagement ring? That happened but I didn't actually get the recipe. I went to look at my list of recipes and it wasn't there! D: Has that happened to anyone? Does anyone know why it happened?

Second problem: So, I figured I would just make it without the recipe so I used 2 silvers and 1 ruby. I'm skill 18 and it still isn't working. Does anyone know what skill you need to be to make the engagement ring with a 100% chance?

Third Problem: I can't seem to get my 10th love point with Marian. I have had 9 love points with her forever despite the fact that I have done all her requests, talk to her every day, and give her green vegetables almost every day. Does anyone know of anything I can do?

Fourth Problem: This is the thing I'm least worried about but just wanted some input about. I have 10 loves points with Pia and Sophia and 9 love points with Marian. I can't decide which girl to marry. I'm leaning towards Sophia or Marian but I'm still not sure. WHich girl makes the best wife? (Consider reactions to certain situations and food she makes- I want food that either A. Sells for a lot of money B. Gives me a lot of RP or C. AREN'T FLOWERS)

Anyway, thanks for your help and if you can answer any of my questions PLEASE RESPOND. PLEASE.
ok well i think if you keep on trying the ring it will work and i think you need the recipe um i married raven so