Is "Trent" the Doctor's first or last name?

Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town for Gameboy Advance. [ Game Guide ]
lemo_the_lemon
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

To me, at least, Alex was a completely different character.
pshycho
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

I thought he was? Alex looks more asian
quigley
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

pshycho wrote:I thought he was? Alex looks more asian
I think Alex is a different character, in the same sense that Blue is different from Gray.
gentlegirlfarmer1228

Post  Posted:

Kameko Suigami wrote:His first name is Doctor and his last name is Trent. His parents were very clear about what they expected of their child.
/no
Spoiler:
ILY Kam... :heart:
xXBlizzardfrostXx
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Yeah, Alex was a guy from Sugar village, I think he was an inventor, but he looked a lot like Dr. Trent (like blue/gray)

... But I think Trent is his first name, since Trent, to me is more of a first name then a last name :D
Pengum
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Alex was a totally different person. Though I do kinda get why you say they are both Dr. Trent. I would say his first name is Trent as it isnt a very good last name, also HM charactors don't have last names unless they feel like being different. :twisted:
gentlegirlfarmer1228

Post  Posted:

xXBlizzardfrostXx wrote:Yeah, Alex was a guy from Sugar village, I think he was an inventor, but he looked a lot like Dr. Trent (like blue/gray)

... But I think Trent is his first name, since Trent, to me is more of a first name then a last name :D

Isn't Alex from MM or am I mistaken?
nakayliahen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

gentlegirlfarmer1228 wrote:
xXBlizzardfrostXx wrote:Yeah, Alex was a guy from Sugar village, I think he was an inventor, but he looked a lot like Dr. Trent (like blue/gray)

Isn't Alex from MM or am I mistaken?

Yes the Alex whoose a Doctor is From MM

i think Doctor's name is Tim as i clearly recall him mentioning his name in a random conversation (i think at full hearts)

Soo his name ie Dr. Tim Trent
Princess Keira
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

nakayliahen wrote:i think Doctor's name is Tim as i clearly recall him mentioning his name in a random conversation (i think at full hearts)
Really? I thought he was named Tim in...BTN was it? I seriously have no idea at this point, but I could have sworn he never gets a name besides "Doctor" in MFoMT...
gentlegirlfarmer1228

Post  Posted:

Princess Keira wrote:
nakayliahen wrote:i think Doctor's name is Tim as i clearly recall him mentioning his name in a random conversation (i think at full hearts)
Really? I thought he was named Tim in...BTN was it? I seriously have no idea at this point, but I could have sworn he never gets a name besides "Doctor" in MFoMT...

I thought that too. I recall vaguely that it was mentioned in BTN.
Lady Nina
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

in BTN, the dog's name is tim, they never say that the doctor's name is tim, but people assumed so because of a programming error.

i guess they didn't think that you'd get the sandwiches recipe before stu gets a puppy, because ellen mentions that stu makes it for tim all the time, and if she says that before stu gets tim... naturally, fans wondered who tim was, and thought it was the doctor. there is no actual mention of tim being the doctor's name, though.

also, his name still isn't trent in this game. even if it were the same doctor (which it isn't -- DS/C takes place 100 years in the future), he's still never called that in -this- game. that doesn't preclude theorizing about it, of course~
quigley
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nina Star 99 wrote:also, his name still isn't trent in this game. even if it were the same doctor (which it isn't -- DS/C takes place 100 years in the future), he's still never called that in -this- game. that doesn't preclude theorizing about it, of course~
Lol, that's my bad. I just assumed that, since he's now known as Trent (although that was technically his identical descendent), that we just consider that his name in FoMT/MFoMT. And I decided to post it in this board because you can marry him...only to remember later that you can marry him in DS Cute, too. Silly me.
Lady Nina
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

it's okay~ it just bugs me a bit when clearly his name is doctor in this one, haha.

maybe it bugs me because i haven't played DS/C, so i've never played a game where he's known as trent? *shrugs*

we can still speculate on his name until the cows come home, though.
princesscrazy
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Yeah, his first name is doctor. Didn't he say his parents were both doctors aswell (Of course, I might be mistaken, I haven't played MFoMT in awhile.) His parents fail at baby names.

So, if your parents were both teachers, your name will be teacher (Last name).

_shot.
gentlegirlfarmer1228

Post  Posted:

Nina Star 99 wrote:it's okay~ it just bugs me a bit when clearly his name is doctor in this one, haha.

That's too bad. So that is the story behind the Tim rumors that were a hot topic by my friends before. :? Does he have to be nameless? XD What were his parents thinking? :/