Who waits on marrage?

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Xtra
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

One person (can't remember who) said that you should focus on your farm in the early goings and that romance can wait until later. So when I got this game again (despite being one of the glitchier versions), I decided to collect some sprites and get a successful farm going before I start making the ladies fall in my arms.

Who else is putting off marrage until later?
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Does putting marriage off for forever count?

Cause I don't get married XD.
Ragdoll
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I did until I got my harvest sprites, I didn't wanna woo them to red heart and wait ever so long to get married DX so I was prepared ^-^
Koara
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

*Slowly crawls under a rock and hides..*

/doesn't wait. Marries ASAP.
TheHarvestGoddess
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I try to woo them quickly, but I don't mind waiting. All the more dates and festivals together before you get married. :3
MeganMoon
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Koara wrote:*Slowly crawls under a rock and hides..*

/doesn't wait. Marries ASAP.
I do the exact. Same. Thing. I try to get the farm going first, I really do, but... the bachelors D: xD
Kam
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

In my current Cute file I waited to propose to Gustafa because I wanted the kid to be born on Fall 22 (completely forgetting that the Cooking Festival would push the announcement event back a day), but normally I get married as soon as I can.
harvestmoongirl333
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I get married as soon as I can, too :l
Tsukii
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Meee c:
Get A LOTTA FARM POINTS then marriage.
Defender1
Banned: Ignored Warnings

Post  Posted:

i do not wait as soon as i have the stuff need to get married and the 60 needed to bring back the goddess! i get married :lol:
Blue_Moon
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I usually woo all the guys first, and then get married in like a year.
In my first file, I wooed all the valley boys, then got married.
This time, I'm wooing everyone, including the mineral town boys. So, it might take a while, anyways. o3o;

But usually, I have a mini, internal contest to see how fast I can get married. xD
HarvestMoonGaia
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

If you read it in the FoMT section, it might've been me who suggested that. I've found, via personal experience, that waiting on marriage, not giving the best gifts when you start wooing, generally dragging out the friendship raising does you a lot of good to keep you interested. I read about a lot of "I never get past year 2" "There's nothing to look forward to once you get a kid!" My counter? Don't rush marriage. Challenge yourself to this, if you must - Give the bachelor(ette) only ONE gift every three days, and forbid yourself from giving them their "best" item. The rest of the time, your only LP raiser will be heart events and talking, and any other bonus objectives - talking to them at a festival might help, I've never checked. While playing FoMT, I once got to the year 50-60 range. Know what year I got married? 11. Fine, it was my first file, I only found out what the black hearts meant in year 5 to 7, somewhere in there, but that means, at minimum, I took FOUR years to woo Popuri. Did I HAVE to take that long? No. I could've looked up what gifts she loved and gotten it done in two more. Been done by year 7 itself at the earliest, 9 at the latest. But I held out. I figured it out, and I waited, and tested via trial and error. The game lasted a long time for me. HMDS is, essentially, FoMT in Forget-Me-Not Valley, with a few changes, yes? So the same applies.
CBU
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I give each bachelor a gift they like each day so it slowly builds up while im finding sprites and by the time I find 90 all of them have red hearts
Defender1
Banned: Ignored Warnings

Post  Posted:

i guess everyone likes to wait sometimes for stuff like marrage :lol:
Kiyoumi
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I usually marry after a year or so, but it's fun to wait until you have a good farm going. Getting married ASAP often bores me, too, so I end up starting allll over again.