Who waits on marrage?

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
nbn
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Have « Chicken Hugging » before marriage.
Lilangel
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I have also said this thing about getting your farm business up and running before romance comes in the picture. For example, planting pineapples just for Kai and not having a seed maker makes these very expensive gifts. It is better to give him the pineapples once you have the seed maker and are producing enough pineapples to ship some for profit as well. Or ship them all for profit and let him go hungry and not feel guilty about it.

In my DS file I was on year 6 I believe, single. Hadn't talked to the villagers except for the bare minimum needed for necessary communications (telephone, transactions, necessary events). I was on my way to getting a full golden farm, so I was a filthy rich hermit and I loved it.

Started a DS Cute file a few weeks ago and am now on year 2, have talked to a few guys and witnessed some black heart events unintentionally. All of the guys have black hearts. I might consider getting married, only to experience the kid thing in the HMDS-universe. Since all that is new to me. But time for romance comes way later. They're all bad candidates.
Pumpkin Pie
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I used to always put off my marriage. I mean, I would flirt/talk to everyone but not focus entirely on it. I would make my farm the way I want and get my harvest sprites. After that: 'here comes the bride....'
Eris_24
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

No, actually I normally kind of try to do it all at once. XD I'll focus on at least trying to get affection levels up, while also collecting as many Harvest Sprites as I can. I'll slack off a little towards the first season or so. That way I have a chance to get my farm up and running, but then I'll start to worry about giving out gifts daily and making friends with the villagers and whatnot.
As soon as I get the upgrades and the 60 sprites, I'll propose to the girl/boy I'm courting if s/he is at a high enough level. :3
HMgirlSkyy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Er. Before I get married it generally goes

=> Wake up
=> Teleport to everyone's houses so I can get them before they leave the house and make me track them down: Woo
=> Water things
=> Animals if I have them
=> Mine or something fun with spare time
=> Repeat

xD; When I have 60 sprites and everything I already have everyone at a red heart so I just pick whoever I liked the most and get married when I feel like it.
GnomeGirl13
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I'm very guilty of rushing into marriage, ha.
honeybees18
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I usually get married as soon as I hit 60 sprites, but until then, I'm building up my farm so I guess I'm doing both at the same time! :)
Slowpoke
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Well, I guess we sort of HAVE to wait to get married since it doesn't take just a few seasons to get 60 sprites, at least not for me. I don't even have 60 yet and I'm in Spring Year 2. :c
Lilangel
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Love love love love love the 60 sprites requirement. Forces everyone to farm at least that minimum amount. If you hate farming and just want to get married, get SIMS or other non-farming relationship simulator.

I'd define as waiting on marriage as exactly that - not getting married or pursuing marriage even when it is possible for you in-game. As hard as it is to imagine, not everyone treats the 60 sprites and farming in general as just a necessary evil to get over and done with. Someone may have 60 sprites very early in the game, but romance has been put aside, and some may want to postpone the marriage (with all the requirements met) just so that they'll have something to look forward to later on in the game.
Slowpoke
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I agree Angel. I just thought (and still do) think it's a pain to get those little guys, but it's not because of the marriage thing necessarily. Mainly because its so damn hardxD (for me)

It seems everyone is ALWAYS rushing into marriage and I usually never get married because a new HM game comes out or just any game and I get distracted from it. :/

Kam
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I like to get married as soon as possible, but I've never had the problem of getting bored after marriage in this game. In the other installments, yes (especially in FoMT), but in DS Cute there always seems to be something else to look forward to. The only reason I haven't seen any of my kids in that game grow into teenagers is because either I overwrote a file on accident (twice), or because the game I had had a glitch that made it so I couldn't use my watering can. Without being able to grow crops, I got bored and started over, but both times that happened, I'd had the kid and was perfectly happy to keep playing until I got all of the Sprites and watched the kid grow up.

I got a new copy of the game for Christmas that already doesn't seem to have some of the glitches my old copy had, so hopefully I'll be able to actually finish all of my goals before restarting this time. :lol:
lumpyspaceprincess
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

This time around I am waiting to get married because last time I got married I regretted it. I should of married Cliff instead of Gray because I always marry Gray . I know it will take a little longer but it will teach me to have some patience. :lala:
ButxAxDream
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Lilangel wrote:Love love love love love the 60 sprites requirement. Forces everyone to farm at least that minimum amount. If you hate farming and just want to get married, get SIMS or other non-farming relationship simulator.
Unless you've been playing the games a while and have become tired of farming so you decide to focus on the relationship aspect due to the fact you've grown fond of the game's characters. That's more legit, I think.

Farming and courting are both very fun aspects of the game that I would encourage people to participate in. Farming is what sets HM apart from other games, after all. And on a side note, I love the requirement too.

My opinion? Even if there wasn't a sprite requirement, I'm confident people would farm their way through the game after marriage is out of the way. Courting is fun and exciting so people may want to focus on that first, but afterward they'd turn to farming for their kicks.
Meushell
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I wanted to do all heart events (except for Harvest Goddess). The Witch takes five years, so I ended up not marrying until my sixth year.

Even without the Witch's heart events, I still would have taken my time. I don't understand the rush to marry. It just seems to frustrate people (needing to get 60 sprites), then bore them after marriage.
Lilangel
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

ButxAxDream wrote: My opinion? Even if there wasn't a sprite requirement, I'm confident people would farm their way through the game after marriage is out of the way. Courting is fun and exciting so people may want to focus on that first, but afterward they'd turn to farming for their kicks.
Gotta love this confidence in the hordes of Skye/Kai/whomever fangirls/boys. If given the chance to skip the sprite requirement, the only farming they'd do is e.g. waste money on medals to buy pineapple seeds and then give the crops all to Kai.