Question about planting crops

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
KyokoNyx
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I was just wondering if you could plant the crops for the next season on the last day of the season before it.

I don't want to plant all my crop seeds for the next season on the last day before it and have them all die off.
songstorm
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I haven't tested it directly, but I'm pretty sure that you cannot plant specific seasonal seeds until the season for them actually starts. I'm not even sure the game would actually let you sow the seeds (it pops up a warning message if you try to sow seeds where other seeds already are, for instance).

Grains and trees are in a different category, of course.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No, it'll probably error if you try. If it sows, it'll be dead.

One of the HM sold seeds before the season started (Sunshine Islands I think) - that was so nice to be able to get ready in advance.
Melian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I remember this, but I believe it's not SI, it always says it's the wrong season. I think it's an older game. And you could plant before the season started in AWL too. The crop would die if it sprouted it the wrong season, but would be ok if it was just the seeds. I think this is one of the best HM games ever.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Melian wrote:I remember this, but I believe it's not SI, it always says it's the wrong season. I think it's an older game. And you could plant before the season started in AWL too. The crop would die if it sprouted it the wrong season, but would be ok if it was just the seeds. I think this is one of the best HM games ever.
No, no, in SI the store SOLD seeds before the season. In fact any seed all year long if you unlocked them. The HM games with greenhouses did that.

But you couldn't plant them early...I don't remember now. =P
Melian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Yep, the store sell the seeds the day before. But I believe there was a game that actually allowed you to plant those seeds the last day of the previous season. Or I am dreaming about HM :o :?:
go_ask_ashley
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Melian wrote:Yep, the store sell the seeds the day before. But I believe there was a game that actually allowed you to plant those seeds the last day of the previous season. Or I am dreaming about HM :o :?:
I don't think there is one that let's you. Correct me if I'm wrong. And the game stops you from wasting seeds, unlike in FOMT, which I really appreciate.
capaul
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Melian wrote:Yep, the store sell the seeds the day before. But I believe there was a game that actually allowed you to plant those seeds the last day of the previous season. Or I am dreaming about HM :o :?:
You are correct. There is a glitch in BtN that allowed you to plant next seasons crops the last day. Only worked in Spring and Summer though as there were no Winter crops and you couldn't plant anything in winter. Awesome for summer pineapples though!
Melian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Hmmm, I believe HM is hacking into my dreams, then. I never played Back to Nature... The only "not for Nintendo consoles and handhelds" HM game I have is HoLV. And that's because my brother has a PSP, I don't.
capaul
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Well, you can now get BtN on the PSN for only 5$. It's playable on both the psp and ps3.
blaze_fire12
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I think you can buy the seeds early though.

Murasaki wrote:No, it'll probably error if you try. If it sows, it'll be dead.

One of the HM sold seeds before the season started (Sunshine Islands I think) - that was so nice to be able to get ready in advance.
Yeah, Sunshine Islands and Island of Happiness both did that. It was really useful. You couldn't plant them early, but you could definitely buy them.
Melian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Well, you can now get BtN on the PSN for only 5$. It's playable on both the psp and ps3.
Really? I thought the other game for PSP was Innocent Life, which I plan to get if I ever come across it. Was BtN re-released for PSP? I believe it's an older game, but I'm not sure.
capaul
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Its a Playstation Network download. You can play it on either system. Though they did technically release BtN on the psp years ago as HM B&G.
Melian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I always had the curiosity to know what did PSN stand for, hehehe. I wouldn't do the dowloading thing, like I said, the PSP is my brothers. But, if I ever come across a B&G I could try that. I didn't know it was a remake, not that it was for PSP.
ReyDelEmpire
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

At what time do you guys water your plants. And what do I have to do to get the best results?