question about Pet Pen

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
Tracy1969able
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I have 2 cats, 2 Big Dogs, and 2 Small Dogs.
I also have a cat bell and a dog bone.

I may have a little bit of problem when it is sunny, but I play with them by separating them. The only way, I can do this is putting a pet outside for some 1 on 1 play attention. I then toss them in the chicken area, while I play with the others. When I am down to the last dog and the last cat, I can let the others out of the coop. I then play with the last dog and cat in the house, before I put them outside for some fresh air.

I pretty much will only be able to play will be first thing in the morning, but I am completely unable to give them 1 on 1 play attention, when it is raining. I have a difficult time making certain that each one fetches the bone at least once. There is no way, to keep the others from fetching the bone instead of the one that needs to.

They refuse to stay in the barn, even for 2 seconds, as soon as I let go of them.

Is the pet playpen inside or ouside?
Does it have a roof?
Can they jump in or out, whenever they see another pet getting attention that they want for themselves?
Is it a Bluebell Farm only feature?
Can the pets leave it, whenever they feel like leaving it?

By the way, I am in my first Spring of the game, and chose Konohana, because when I move to the other farm, I want to be able to keep all of my livestock, not only bring part of them with me to my new farm.

I appreciate any help in any information about the Pet Playpen. Thank you.
BlueTrillium
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I can't answer all your questions, but I can help with some...

The pet playpen is outside, and it is a Bluebell-only feature. As I understand it, they will only leave the pen on their own when it hits the time of day to return the animals to the barn, but I am not certain.

As for making sure each animal gets individual attention when they're all indoors...well with cats there's only 2 of them so no problem. I toss the bell, and one of the cats brings it back. I make sure that the other cat is far-ish away from the first cat (say, the other side of the table) and toss the bell in that second cat's direction. If the first cat still goes after it (which it usually doesn't because I try to keep my back to it) then I grab the first cat and hold on to it before it can get to the bell.

With the dogs, it's much the same, just harder to keep track of since there's four of them. I just kinda try to keep the ones that already got the bone behind me and the ones that haven't gotten it in front of me, and grab the dogs if the wrong one looks like it will make it to the bone first.

It's easier after you expand the house. You can throw the pets you're done playing with over into that new living room area while you finish playing with the rest of the pets in your kitchen/dining area.

That's how I do it anyway...hope that helps.

Of course, once the pet gets up around 5-6 hearts (or 10 for sure if you have a lot of livestock) I stop playing with them altogether and sell my cat bell and dog bone to free up storage space. Their hearts will not go down if you stop playing with them, just keep feeding them.

-BlueTrillium
Tracy1969able
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Thanks for letting me know.

I have 6 pets, and they all have 10 hearts, and I talk and hold them each day, which I would do, even if I can not find the time to play with them.

When I and the 6 pets are in the house, they all follow me around frequently. When I walk into the livestock section of the yard, they all run up to me. When I am in the small chicken hold area, not only do the cats jump in, but so do all 4 dogs.

They are literally tripping over each other.

I do not keep the cat bell and dog bone in storage, but I do keep them in my bag, and as long as their affection does not go down, it should be okay to sell them, and make more space in my bag.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

If there is a kitchen extension, will there be a refrigerator at all?

I would love to have fewer things in storage. I try to keep food around.
Usagi5678
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Tracy1969able wrote:If there is a kitchen extension, will there be a refrigerator at all?

I would love to have fewer things in storage. I try to keep food around.
The age of refrigerators is over in HM.If you want to store food then toss it in the cart.The Bamboo and striped carts can have up to 6 pages of storage,which should be enough to tide you over until you get a better cart in year 2.
capaul
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I'm a bit confused. If your pets are all already 10 hearts, why keep playing with them. I don't play with mine at all, they are at 7 hearts now, and their affection is still going up with just picking them up and feeding them.
go_ask_ashley
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

You only need to feed them to keep their hearts up, though I usually pick them up too because I feel bad if I don't. But it's totally unrelated to the game play.