RF4 Character & General Info Thread (UPDATES / Next: ??)

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Wooly Hugger
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

This town layout reminds me a little bit of Kardia: 3 terraces with public place (+palace), but in the middle of the town
Spoiler:
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Updated info date list ::

February 2012 updates ::
8th - Dylas, Kohaku and Ventuswill are unveiled in Famitsu
15th - Nancy and Jones are unveiled in Famitsu
21st - Nintendo Dream's interview with Hashimoto plus new screenshots of Kohaku and Dylas
22nd - RF4 first anime trailer and opening of the RF site
24th - Blog entry by Hashimoto about the RF comics
27th - debut of Dengeki Maoh RF4 manga and new batch of game screenshots from Dengeki article scans

March 2012 updates ::
2nd - RF4 site is updated with Story and system page, HD ver of anime trailer posted by MAQL and blog update by Hashimoto on future update regarding MCs' authority in the game.
9th - RF4 site updated with new blog entry by Hashimoto, characters page with new screenshots are up, and audio commentary from seiyuus on the characters of the game. New Famitsu article with new screenshots and additional info.
14th -- Famitsu magazine issue reveals the identities of Kiel, Arthur, Forte and Xiaopai. Villagers Rinfa and Illuminator are unveiled, alongside details of the Prince Point System and character AI.
15th -- Famitsu's website releases the art of Kiel/Arthur/Forte/Xiaopai, info on Ventuswill and several new screenshots. RF4 site and twitter updated with minor blog post.
21st -- Nintendo Dream's info interview with Hashimoto + scans of anime screenshots of Arthur/Xiaopai/Rinfa/Forte from the OP (already uploaded) and close-up look at the candidates' other portrait expressions (said part of scan not yet uploaded)
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The town is so pretty. It might be my favorite of all the hand held games. Wow March has been a good month for updates ^^
Cherry Blossom
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

I found this on a blog.
Spoiler:
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hey man I would do that too. If I was a monster and some human guy was strong enough to beat me I'd be interested XD.
Shayde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Cherry Blossom wrote:I found this on a blog.
Spoiler:
Lest performed... "Lovelity!!"

Oh does that bring back memories of mortal kombat in my youth. xD

Friendship. Babality. Brutality. Animality. xD
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Heads up, new RF4 site update. The characters page has been updated along with ::

http://www.maql.co.jp/message/runefactory4.php
New blog post by Hashimoto.

http://www.maql.co.jp/special/game/3ds/ ... voice.html
Voice page updated. Tomokazu Sugita and Ayana taketatsu give sentiments on their respective character roles, Dylas and Kohaku.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks Daisuke.

Oh hey now we can answer Molly's question about that refresh like button. It shows the monster form of Dylas and Kohaku. I wonder if that button will end up being used on any other character's age.

So far pretty much every voice is not what I expected. I was way off in how I imagined the characters would sound XD.
KuroNeko77
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Thanks for the update :)

There's also a new page about the opening song, with a description of both Joe Rinoe and Saaya Mizuno:
http://www.maql.co.jp/special/game/3ds/ ... /song.html

Kohaku's seiyuu want to marry her :lol:

I'll see what the message on the blog is saying.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Joe Rinoie managed to sing Happiness in english along with Yazumi Kana when RF3 got localized. Joe would probably be able to do the same for Travelers of the Wind, but not too sure about the other singer listed in the page since it states that she's new in the JP music industry. Maybe Natsume will leave Travelers of the Wind undubbed like they did with TOD.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It would make me so happy if they left the song the way it was. It's so awesome sounding.
KuroNeko77
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I'm for leaving the OP as is too, though I trust Joe Rinoe for singing a great English version. I'll have to search up some of Saaya Mizuno's songs to see what she's capable of.

So apart from the website update, here's what Hashimoto is saying:
- Kohaku and Dylas as monsters are formidable foes.
- However, once beaten, they'll become resident of Selfia
- By increasing the number of resident, the "map capture" will expend (not really sure what that means), and the ring of communication within the city will start to spread as well.
- They gave Dylas a cool/cold voice to go along with the horse-lineage type monster.
- But later, in the "Final stage", the changes he undergoes after marriage are one of the most significant.

I'm still trying to make some sense out of Kohaku's part.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

By increasing the number of resident, the "map capture" will expend (not really sure what that means), and the ring of communication within the city will start to spread as well.
I think communication refers to the newly upgraded character AI.

Thanks for the translation, Kuro.

Also, Saaya Mizuno is known for singing Kaichou wa Maid-Sama's OP song despite being a newcomer in the industry.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ooooh interesting. Thanks Kuro.

I wonder what the "map capture" means. Hmm that's pretty neat if a character has a significant change after marriage.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Based on the character page's lay out ::

Row 1, column 1-2 :: Lest and Frey
Row 2, column 1-2 :: Kohaku and Margaret
Row 3, column 1-2 :: Dylas and Frey

My guess would be for future site updates ::

Row 4, column 1-2 :: Forte and Xiaopai
Row 5, column 1-2 :: Arthur and Kiel
Row 6, column 1-2 :: Dolce and purple haired braided bachelorette
Row 7, column 1-2 :: Red head and fan guy.

The lay out roughly fits over 7 rows...then this means the third column will be all villagers.

So all in all, 6 bachelors, 6 bachelorettes and 7 villagers if the layout will turn out how I speculate.

That's a decent balance. More balanced than 10 bachelorettes, 3 bachelors and 5 villagers from back in ToD.