Signs of True Harvest Moon: Sunshine Island Gamers~

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Jinx05041
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I found out today that I am a True HM:SI Gamer.

My signs~
Obsessing over talking to everyone, everyday.
Still unsure of who I want to marry, but in the end I really do know, I just want to court them all.
My heart skips a beat when a Bachelor's heart changes color.
I have the Urge to scream like a fan-girl when I trigger a heart event.
I realize I actually do know most of the HM lingo.
I come up with alternate personalities and Fan Fics for all the characters. (Btw, Denny's a manipulative perv, Pierre reads diaries, and Natalie is super-Jelly.)

Lol, do YOU have any signs?
suzy parsley
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Ummm... In my own opinion, I don't think that is being a true HM SI player. And what being a 'true' HM SI player means anyways? That's more like being obssesed. Whenever I play HM SI, a smile comes across my face, I'm full of enthusiasm and I feel happiness. And that is enough. I truly like HM SI even if I don't have those reactions you show. Otherwise, I wouldn't play it, would I? Nope, I wouldn't. Everyone who plays Harvest Moon at least often, not exactly Sunshine Islands, truly like the game. You don't need to know the whole story behind it, or all of the secrets, everything in general to enjoy it and be considered a real fan of HM, really. It's just question of having fun and enjoying yourself!
Veggie Angel
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I think you are a true Sunshine Island gamer when you have collected the 100 sunstones and don't consider yourself done yet because you haven't finished some goal you have set for yourself.

If you are still playing in Slot 1 in Year 11 or 12 you are a true SI gamer.

If you read every post under any thread even if you don't reply, I think you are a true SI gamer.

If you opened Slot 2 because you wanted to play as a different gender from slot 1 or want to experience marriage with a different spouse, you are true SI gamer.
Ryu
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Veggie Angel wrote:If you opened Slot 2 because you wanted to play as a different gender from slot 1 or want to experience marriage with a different spouse, you are true SI gamer.
So true! I do this in all of my HM games!
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Veggie Angel wrote:I think you are a true Sunshine Island gamer when you have collected the 100 sunstones and don't consider yourself done yet because you haven't finished some goal you have set for yourself.

If you are still playing in Slot 1 in Year 11 or 12 you are a true SI gamer.

If you read every post under any thread even if you don't reply, I think you are a true SI gamer.

If you opened Slot 2 because you wanted to play as a different gender from slot 1 or want to experience marriage with a different spouse, you are true SI gamer.
YES!!! I haven't collected all the sunstones... O.o but I am still playing in slot one after a LONG time, and I read alll the posts, and I save under another slot to experince as a different gender!!! :lala:
Jinx05041
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Ryu wrote:
Veggie Angel wrote:If you opened Slot 2 because you wanted to play as a different gender from slot 1 or want to experience marriage with a different spouse, you are true SI gamer.
In my first HM game, ToTT, I actually had a male character on accident first, and was like....This is weird. I'm a girl, going on a date with a girl. (Georgia)

Then, once I got really into it, I thought, Go Logan, Go! (I named my person Logan once I realized I picked a guy:/) Get Georgia! I stopped thinking of the sprite as ME and started thinking of him as his own person, I just happened to be controlling him. I feel like some kind of awesome Puppet Master >:DD
Juliuslove<3<3<3
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Jinx05041 wrote:
Ryu wrote:
In my first HM game, ToTT, I actually had a male character on accident first, and was like....This is weird. I'm a girl, going on a date with a girl. (Georgia)

Then, once I got really into it, I thought, Go Logan, Go! (I named my person Logan once I realized I picked a guy:/) Get Georgia! I stopped thinking of the sprite as ME and started thinking of him as his own person, I just happened to be controlling him. I feel like some kind of awesome Puppet Master >:DD
I know! On my first Harvest Moon game you could only play as a boy and I felt... well, weird. But later I got used to it. I am always cheering Bob on...
my boy character name that I never change!!!
Eaglestar51
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Your a true HM gamer (Harvest Moon in general) when you read the abbreviation (SI, ToTT,etc.) for the game and it naturally becomes the real words in your head.
Juliuslove<3<3<3
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I think you are a true gamer when you meet all these requirements:

you research all the details and events in the game and try to trigger all of them
you try to marry everybody
you have raised sunny island and still continue, trying to complete every little thing

So, basically the main idea is if you know the game by heart and complete (or try to complete) everything, even unnecessary things, you are a true SI gamer.
Jinx05041
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Eaglestar51 wrote:Your a true HM gamer (Harvest Moon in general) when you read the abbreviation (SI, ToTT,etc.) for the game and it naturally becomes the real words in your head.
Totally. I haven't even played IoH, MM, MT, Cute, WL, ect, but I recognize most of them by letters.
Juliuslove<3<3<3
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Jinx05041 wrote:
Eaglestar51 wrote:Your a true HM gamer (Harvest Moon in general) when you read the abbreviation (SI, ToTT,etc.) for the game and it naturally becomes the real words in your head.
Totally. I haven't even played IoH, MM, MT, Cute, WL, ect, but I recognize most of them by letters.
Yeah! I've never played a lot but can understand!!!
Jinx05041
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Juliuslove<3<3<3 wrote:
Jinx05041 wrote:
Yeah! I've never played a lot but can understand!!!
I think it's mostly because of the references, like ToTT has changes of clothes, and SI doesn't, but SI has Wedding clothes, and ToTT doesn't. WL is only a year, SI goes on longer Ect.
Juliuslove<3<3<3
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Actually the real reason I know them all off the top of my head is because I'm a real research geek. I love to research anything and everything about a game.

Signed,
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65444628/MY%20b ... %20man.jpg
Gotta luf dem men withcrazy color hair!!!