Mining...

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Juliuslove<3<3<3
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

It's SO darned hard!!! People say that all you have to do is get goddess earrings or something... but in order to make them you gotta have stuff from the mines!!! Is there any easier way to get stuff from mines? Because if there isn't, I'm never gonna get Lily's sun stone... :(
Melian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

If you have the Animal Island you can befriend the mice. When they're at 3 hearts, they'll start accepting to work for you, and they bring you mine stuff. The more hearts they have, the more and better stuff they bring you.
Juliuslove<3<3<3
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I do have animal island and I already have 2 hearts!!! This rocks!!! Any things to feed the mice that they really like?
Veggie Angel
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Bell Pepper (5 points mice, 5 points ducks)
Butter (7 points mice, 5 points badgers)
Cabbage (5 points mice, 5 points ducks, 8 points rabbits)
Cucumber (5 points mice, 7 points badgers, 5 points rabbits)
Egg (5 points mice, 7 points badgers)
Eggplant (5 points mice, 5 points badgers)
Jersey Milk (7 points mice, 5 points sparrows)
Mayonnaise (5 points mice, 5 points monkeys)
Milk (5 points mice, 5 points rabbits, 5 points sparrows)
Mushroom Cluster (5 points mice, 5 points monkeys)
Pumpkin (5 points mice, 7 points badgers, 7 points rabbits)
Raw Soybeans (5 points mice, 5 points ducks, 5 points sparrows)
Soybean Flour (5 points mice, 7 points sparrows)
Soybeans (threshed) (5 points mice, 7 points ducks, 5 points sparrows)
Spinach (5 points mice, 5 points ducks, 8 points rabbits)
Superb Butter (8 points mice, 7 points badgers)
Tomato (5 points mice, 5 points rabbits, 7 points badgers)
Yogurt (7 points mice, 5 points monkeys)

I would advise using the cheapest from this list and feeding as many animals each day as you can. If you feed more than one animal with one piece of food each day, all of the animals will soon be at 10 hearts/20 animals and you won't have to raise their heart levels from zero each time you want to use a new animal.

I use Cucumbers and Spinach when I start a new game and want to raise the heart level of the mice.

Don't use mouse food. It is only 5 points and as you can see there are many items which you produce on your farm you can use instead of paying Mirabelle for an item which will only feed one animal group per day.
Juliuslove<3<3<3
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'll try eggs!!! What do the badgers do?
Veggie Angel
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Badgers will provide colored herbs and high rank weeds. Both are useful in various recipes.

They will collect the white herbs needed for the Black Books if you are finishing both the recipe book and shipping list.
Melian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Veggie Angel wrote:They will collect the white herbs needed for the Black Books if you are finishing both the recipe book and shipping list.
Really!!!!! I'm stuck because I want to complete all the recipes and shipping list and the white herbs are rare. That's wonderful news to me! Living and learning :wink:
Veggie Angel
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I received all the recipes and will make all the recipes prior to shipping (another personal list since you have one of each colored wonderful and can ship those to complete your shipping list.)

The three animals you must use for Black Books are Rabbits for red flowers, Ducks for bottles, and Badgers for white and orange herbs. The only animal which won't provide anything helpful in the manufacture of black books is the monkey.

I forage well so don't need the Chestnuts from the sparrows and if you are adept at mining, you won't need the mice to make Gem Natto.

I've been reloading Wada's daily gift so I can get the last ingredients before Fall, Apples for Apple Pie and Grapes or Wine for Sangria.

I also realized that you will have to get second place in several festivals to get enough chips to make the different colored books and wonderfuls. And Rice Candy is needed for Fruit Dumpling.
Juliuslove<3<3<3
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Veggie Angel wrote:Badgers will provide colored herbs and high rank weeds. Both are useful in various recipes.

They will collect the white herbs needed for the Black Books if you are finishing both the recipe book and shipping list.
I'm bad at cooking... X3 but herbs is always nice!!! Does that include twin herbs?
Veggie Angel
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Yes you can get twin herbs from the badgers. If you don't get what you want the first time you access Cherry's holding menu, reload until you get what you want.

This will work with any animal. Just remember to save the night before. If you save on the morning you are going to Animal Island the items will not change.
Juliuslove<3<3<3
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Thanks veggie. You are really helpful. :lala:
Melian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I don't need to worry about the other itmes, the white herbs are the only thing keeping me down. When I play SI again, I'll try the badgers. It's been so long since I last hired them I couldn't remember this.
Juliuslove<3<3<3
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Melian wrote:I don't need to worry about the other itmes, the white herbs are the only thing keeping me down. When I play SI again, I'll try the badgers. It's been so long since I last hired them I couldn't remember this.
I honestly don't get why people make such a big deal about white herbs. You find them after snow on volcano island.
Veggie Angel
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

White herbs are only a pain when you are trying to make all the black books that are needed to get the final recipes and make wonderfuls.

There is herb salad, herb soup, you need to make at least one white curry to make either finest or ultimate curry (two for the curry if you choose the finest curry. Ultimate curry uses black curry with the rainbow curry, finest curry uses white curry with the rainbow curry. Rainbow curry uses white curry.)

You have to make around 31 black books to get all the recipes and ship all the books and wonderfuls if you make the items you will ship.

Even the badgers don't bring more than 3 or 4 a day and they appear to get them from Volcano Island because I found that there are less on the Island in the Winter when the badgers are foraging for me.

White Herbs are also an issue if you are giving Witch Princess her favorite gift which is Rainbow Curry.
Juliuslove<3<3<3
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Veggie Angel wrote:White herbs are only a pain when you are trying to make all the black books that are needed to get the final recipes and make wonderfuls.

There is herb salad, herb soup, you need to make at least one white curry to make either finest or ultimate curry (two for the curry if you choose the finest curry. Ultimate curry uses black curry with the rainbow curry, finest curry uses white curry with the rainbow curry. Rainbow curry uses white curry.)

You have to make around 31 black books to get all the recipes and ship all the books and wonderfuls if you make the items you will ship.

Even the badgers don't bring more than 3 or 4 a day and they appear to get them from Volcano Island because I found that there are less on the Island in the Winter when the badgers are foraging for me.

White Herbs are also an issue if you are giving Witch Princess her favorite gift which is Rainbow Curry.
Oh... well once again I'm terrible at cooking!!! :lol: I'm so bad I cheat the cooking festivals, I make my husband make the food for me!!!