Help!!

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
JasmineRebeccaXO
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

How long does it take to make Denny's black heart turn purple? I am giving him a fish every day, and he's got two red hearts in the assets bar but it won't turn purple ! Help! :?
LilyMoonlight
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

As I recall, the heart meter in the assets are a really general idea on how the person feels about you and isn't exact with the heart colors. (wow that sounds confusing x_x; ) To get to purple from black, you'll need to get him to 10k FP and since he likes any kind of fish, it'll take some time to get his heart up. Just take your time and talk with him and give him fish.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Two hearts in the character menu means you have between 6554LP and 13,106LP. You need 10,000FP to get a Purple Heart.

http://www.fogu.com/hm8/basics/friendpoints.php

So you know since you have two hearts that you are at least more than half way there. But it is still a pretty rough idea. All you can do is keep giving him gifts and talking to him.
Juliuslove<3<3<3
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I agree with Googabooga. Not much more to be said.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Is it just me, or does it seem a bit more difficult than usual to raise friendship and love points in this game? Even with good gifts, fp still seems slow to go up.
Veggie Angel
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Patience is required, just keep greeting Denny every day and giving small fish and you will reach Purple Heart.

Denny's favorite gift is Sashimi (800 points instead of 500 points for a small fish). Small fish are more readily available since Sashimi requires a cooking degree of 501 and a fishing degree high enough to catch medium fish. That also assumes that you have the recipe.

Greeting alone will give you 100 FP. Remember to greet Denny prior to giving him the fish. Giving a gift to a villager is also worth 100 points so greeting first will add an additional 200 points per day to your 500 point gift. Daily encounters are important.