Grey cartridge?

Harvest Moon: Boy Meets Girl for Gameboy Color. [ Game Guide ]
Taya
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I bought this game years and years ago from eBay. I didn't have any problem with the game or anything but recently I saw a picture of a HM GBC 3 cartridge on the internet and it was transparent. My game is grey like most original Gameboy games. Was this game ever produced on a grey cart or did I buy a bootleg?
Purple Emperor
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I have a blue HM3 cartridge that I know is a bootleg. I'm really not sure sorry, I wish I could help. Maybe google it and try to see what a legit copy looks like?
Taya
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Every copy that I've seen online looks like this:

But mine looks like this:

Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Sorry, it looks like you were ripped off.

I bought my copy when the game came out, and it was a transparent cartridge that reads Gameboy Color at the top.
Exactly like the first image you posted.
Keera
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Wow... your cartridge doesn't even say Gameboy COLOR. It was the old GB style one xD
Even though the label clearly says "only for Gameboy COLOR"

But your game actually works?
Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Keera wrote:Wow... your cartridge doesn't even say Gameboy COLOR. It was the old GB style one xD
Even though the label clearly says "only for Gameboy COLOR"

But your game actually works?
It's likely someone uploaded a pirated [b]Very Bad Thing™[/b] into a catridge, printed off a label(which if you look at the right of the suspect copy it isn't the same), and stuck it on.

My recommendation is to bring this to Ebay's attention. Assuming you still have the purchase information, either on your Ebay account or email address registered to it. You most likely won't be able to get your money back, and it is probably too late for Ebay to take action, and Ebay may not handle such situations directly. But at least it will make it possible for Ebay to keep an eye on the person who sold you the game. So that if they are still selling bootleg copies they will most likely get caught.
Taya
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Yeah the game worked fine.

It's far far too late to do anything about it. I bought this game a long time ago. It was probably 2003 or 2004 and I most likely already rated the seller favourably.

Thanks though! It's a little disappointing, but I will try to buy a real copy sometime in the future, hopefully with a box and instructions like all my other GB and GBC games.