Chicken shed fell help

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
ponysforyou
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Hi I have a bit of dilemma.
In my game is winter and my stone chicken shed just go destroyed by the snow. All my 9* chickens have died. I haven't saved until the day before so I could go back. So is there any way of saving my chickens . Can chickens be put in the animal barn for one night or the horse stable or the house where my character lives . Please an help appreciated.
ajay
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Chickens can't go in the characters house but you can place them in the horse barn or animal shed. Sometimes when you reload there's a chance the building won't collapse, but I'd still move them just in case :)
Muffy Princess Moon
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

You can't change the weather but you could keep reloading until it hasn't collapsed because that does sometimes work.
Chime9
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

that's why it's good to save every night before you're character goes to sleep, cause all you gotta do is reload.
MimiMooMoo
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

If You can afford it, use golden lumber!

I dont have the money for golden lumber
Hang On
I do

But I dont choose to use it, even if its invinsible.

Ive never had a stone shed collapse, its supposedly really rare.

I always save the night before, and make sure the weather isnt stormy.
Rozalynd17
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

MimiMooMoo wrote:If You can afford it, use golden lumber!

Hang On
I do

Golden Lumber has the same qualities as Stone, the only difference is the appearance and the price, so if you can afford Stone Sheds there's not much point in building Golden Lumber Sheds. Unless you really want a golden shed.
Natsu Dragneel
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Rozalynd17 wrote:
MimiMooMoo wrote:If You can afford it, use golden lumber!

Hang On
I do

Golden Lumber has the same qualities as Stone, the only difference is the appearance and the price, so if you can afford Stone Sheds there's not much point in building Golden Lumber Sheds. Unless you really want a golden shed.
Gold lumber sheds don't collapse ^^
Rozalynd17

Post  Posted:

Natsu Dragneel wrote:Gold lumber sheds don't collapse ^^
I got my information from the guide:
Stone
The most affordable and reliable material at 200 G per piece. Stone buildings can withstand any weather that can occur in your game, and will not be destroyed by storms. Smash the rocks and boulders with your Hammer to collect this material for free.

Golden Lumber
Finally this material has a purpose! A building made with Gold can stand up to any weather that it has to go through. They are also very expensive to build. Gold Lumber can only come from the Thomas' Winter Request event (just like the one in Friends of Mineral Town for GBA) or from buying it directly from Gotz for 100,000 G a piece. The only advantage to a Gold Lumber building versus the Stone Lumber building is its looks.
Chime9
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Rozalynd17 wrote:
Stone
The most affordable and reliable material at 200 G per piece. Stone buildings can withstand any weather that can occur in your game, and will not be destroyed by storms. Smash the rocks and boulders with your Hammer to collect this material for free.

Golden Lumber
Finally this material has a purpose! A building made with Gold can stand up to any weather that it has to go through. They are also very expensive to build. Gold Lumber can only come from the Thomas' Winter Request event (just like the one in Friends of Mineral Town for GBA) or from buying it directly from Gotz for 100,000 G a piece. The only advantage to a Gold Lumber building versus the Stone Lumber building is its looks.
Yah but the gold still never collapses. weird the site says that. :/
The stone RARELY collapses, so ponys4u just had some bad luck.
I've had wood sheds that have gone on well too.
Gold lumber is cool if you can afford it, but it's a waste if you really can't or barely can!
Stone is the most reasonable option.
Natsu Dragneel
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Chime9 wrote:
Rozalynd17 wrote:
Stone

Golden Lumber
Yah but the gold still never collapses. weird the site says that. :/
Gold lumber is cool if you can afford it, but it's a waste if you really can't or barely can!
Odd, in my game none of my gold buildings have collapsed O-o 9 game years they have been standing .3.
Wesley
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

The random chicken coop death. It is sad and has probably happened to a lot of us. (I'm still suffering from the lost of my beloved chicken Nugget). I would actually say, whoops. I guess you just have to suck it up and re-start your barn with new chickens.

But if you are desperate, you can re-load an earlier save file and check the weather every day. If it is stormy then hope for the best.

I would try to get all my barns and coop in either stone or golden lumber. I tough it out with regular lumber until I can afford golden lumber because I like how it looks better. But that means I do have to accept it if my barn accidentally goes down.
Rozalynd17

Post  Posted:

Chime9 wrote:Yah but the gold still never collapses. weird the site says that. :/
Damn, really? That makes sense. Sorry for providing the wrong info guys! I would've expected the guide to be right. ._.
Muffy Princess Moon
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Wesley wrote:The random chicken coop death. It is sad and has probably happened to a lot of us. (I'm still suffering from the lost of my beloved chicken Nugget). I would actually say, whoops. I guess you just have to suck it up and re-start your barn with new chickens.

But if you are desperate, you can re-load an earlier save file and check the weather every day. If it is stormy then hope for the best.

I would try to get all my barns and coop in either stone or golden lumber. I tough it out with regular lumber until I can afford golden lumber because I like how it looks better. But that means I do have to accept it if my barn accidentally goes down.
I have always had stone barns for this reason.
Off topic, you had a chicken called Nugget?
Wesley
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Yep. I had a chicken named Nugget.
MimiMooMoo
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

My original chicken names were named after chicken dishes like roasty, nugget (i had a nugget too)
and i cant remember the rest

And my cows were beefy, burger, steak, and pie. :wink: :roll: :twisted: :) :o :shifty: :sleep:

But back on topic, Im glad I was right for once about the golden lumber sheds.