Star Rank - Crops Help

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
Roarke
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Hey Guys.
I've been having trouble when it comes to increasing star rank of crops. Here is what I'm wondering:
What are the crops worth increasing? Just Watermelons and Pineapples?
[This is only for money. I don't care about crop festivals.]
How can I make a lot of 5 star seeds? Do I have to start with one plant, and end the season with 2 seed bags of 5 star pines/melons?
What is the best technique for doing this efficiently? I don't want to use a bunch of fertilizer on just one spot; I want to spread it to more than just one plant. How can I do this?
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Here's what I do... let me see if I can explain...

Some expensive crops, like cabbage, pinneaple and thing like that I put like 9 fertilizers and ONE crop. By the end of the season it'll probably be 5 stars (if it regrows), but, at the same time, I spread crops and tons of fertilizers by my fields.

I always make seeds to save for the next year. So, before I start selling the seeds (that gives you more money than the crop itself - only some though), I stack like 10 or 20 bags of 5 star seeds in my storage. Now that I'm safe, I just start selling those beauties~

Check the website to see the prices, some crops are not worth it.
Roarke
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I understand the concept, but what I need to know is the process.
Do I start with one plant in a 3x3 furrow surrounded by fertilizer, and then just keep expanding my seed stock from that one 5 star plant for next year? I'm just trying to figure out a way to get more 5 star seeds faster than that.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hummm.... then I'd suggest the crop alone with tons of fertilizers around it... in a trench.

This: Image

Like, make lots of the same crop, for example... and you'll have lots of 5 star crops at some point of the game. I'm not the rank master because I've started doing this myself just some time ago... I don't know if you put more than one crop, the fertilizer will "divide" between them... I don't think the game is so intelligent to screw you that way...

Then I'd recommend first save some of your seeds, then when you've got a comfort amount to plant on the next year, start selling the remaining seeds.

Man, it's really hard to explain this in english... not my native language. XD
Roarke
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Thanks, I think this makes pretty good sense. I just realized that I can extend the furrow to be like 3 plants instead of just one. But that means that those sticks will go 3x as fast. I have a butload of money anyways, so I should be fine. . . thanks for the help.
However, do it matter if the plant is in the middle, or do they just have to be connected to the furrow?
Angelic
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Roarke wrote:Thanks, I think this makes pretty good sense. I just realized that I can extend the furrow to be like 3 plants instead of just one. But that means that those sticks will go 3x as fast. I have a butload of money anyways, so I should be fine. . . thanks for the help.
However, do it matter if the plant is in the middle, or do they just have to be connected to the furrow?
They just need to be in a furrow with the plant unless you're fertilizing a tree I believe :) Doesn't matter if it's the middle.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Angelic wrote:
Roarke wrote:Thanks, I think this makes pretty good sense. I just realized that I can extend the furrow to be like 3 plants instead of just one. But that means that those sticks will go 3x as fast. I have a butload of money anyways, so I should be fine. . . thanks for the help.
They just need to be in a furrow with the plant unless you're fertilizing a tree I believe :) Doesn't matter if it's the middle.
So, you can only have 1 plant in the middle?
Roarke
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:
Angelic wrote:
Sorry, the anon. Fish is me, wasn't logged in.
Pretty_Chicken
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:
Angelic wrote:
You can have as many crops & fertilizers in the trench as you want.

I make big, long windy trenches, put about 6 fertilizers on both ends, and some in the middle, and the rest alternates between crop and fertilizer. It gets star ranks up nicely for me, but also does require a lot of fertilizer. I usually have to put down new fertilizer maybe once every in-game week if I do this. So I have to stock up a lot
Roarke
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I think I'm going to have to do something like that.
Roarke
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I actually just bought 99 fertilizers. Thought I might as well, considering I have so much cash to burn.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yes, you can! :D

And hey, you're welcome. ^^ Glad I could help. :)

Btw... burn those babies!! (I mean, the money...)
Roarke
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

LOL kk.