Rune Factory 4 - Questions, Answers and Info Thread

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
acolyte
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Bright Knowledge wrote:Does Pico have a birthday, and could you give her gifts?

Is it possible to go dungeon crawling with both a tamed monster and a friendly villagers?

Do you get all the recipes for cooking, forging, crafting, and pharmacies from buying the recipe breads from Porcoline?

If I want large milks-eggs-furs, do I have to raise the levels of my cluckadoodles, woolies, and buffamoos?

How many monster barns can fit on my farm?

How many times could a monster barn be upgraded, and how many monsters could fit in maxed upgraded barn?

Is it possible to raise the levels of the villagers?
1. Yes, see the Gift Guide sticky.
2. Yes
3. No. Some recipes will not be available from recipe breads, but most are.
4. Yes, but they can increase over time. I never bring my buffamoo to batle and it's lv100.
5-6. Dunno, never tried because never needed to.
fourside
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

acolyte wrote:At lv72 forging even the upgrade is still the best way
Btw does anyone know why my Miracle Axe recipe is greyed out even at lv72?
Recipes get greyed out if you don't have enough RP and HP to make it. Do you have full RP?
Sirzechs
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Question 1: why won't my Mamadoodle produce egg (m)?
Question 2: How does the greeting magic work? As In does it start any conversations or is it just for the heck of it.
Last edited by Sirzechs on Oct 09, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acolyte
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

fourside wrote:
Recipes get greyed out if you don't have enough RP and HP to make it. Do you have full RP?
Not enough RP, I didn't realize they get greyed out +_+
@Sirzechs Mamadoodle doesn't produce eggs. Only the small chickens do.
Mythlin
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Your max RP is too low to forge it. Normally you need to be within 5 levels of the item you are trying to craft if you know the recipe. The current RP you have doesn't matter, its the MAX RP. You can still craft at 0 RP, you just might faint.
Ganhur wrote:Cooking Recipe bread is not working for me. The skill is L.86 and I still can't learn Pineapple Juice (L.81). Anyone can explain the reason why I can't learn anything from the bread anymore?
Normal recipe breads only work for items under level 80, for everything else (including last level of farm tools), you can find some recipes in chests (usually harder to find) and from eating recipe bread+. Not sure where you get those, I had them appear from random chests before.
Bright Knowledge wrote:Does Pico have a birthday, and could you give her gifts?

Is it possible to go dungeon crawling with both a tamed monster and a friendly villagers?

Do you get all the recipes for cooking, forging, crafting, and pharmacies from buying the recipe breads from Porcoline?

If I want large milks-eggs-furs, do I have to raise the levels of my cluckadoodles, woolies, and buffamoos?

How many monster barns can fit on my farm?

How many times could a monster barn be upgraded, and how many monsters could fit in maxed upgraded barn?

Is it possible to raise the levels of the villagers?
1. I don't think so, there isn't even a heart meter with her. I believe she shares one with Dolce
3. You can get all recipes under level 80 as long as you have the appropriately leveled skills from Porco's breads.
4. lvl50+ for (M), lvl100+ for (L)
5. you can fit 2 barns in each field and you can have multiple fields (at least 3)
6. Not sure, but at least 4 times, you can fit 4 monsters per room and each upgrades give an additional room.
7. It is, ask them to go on an adventure with you.
Sirzechs wrote:Question 1: why won't my Mamadoodle produce egg (s)?
Question 2: How does the greeting magic work?
1. This is strange, they should lay 1 egg a day, check the barn more carefully? Is it sick? Tired? Mamadoodles also produce eggs.
2. You use it and you say hello.
fourside
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Mythlin wrote:Your max RP is too low to forge it. Normally you need to be within 5 levels of the item you are trying to craft if you know the recipe. The current RP you have doesn't matter, its the MAX RP. You can still craft at 0 RP, you just might faint.
That's odd. I could've sworn that the recipe for Greenifier+ got greyed out after I used up all my RP making one.
Bryght Knowledge
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Is brushing, feeding and giving gifts to produce monsters enough to raise their producing levels, or do I have to raise their levels by having them battle?

What gifts do the woolies, cluckadoodles, and buffamoos like?

I have looked and I seen nothing that tells me what gifts to give to Pico.
Mythlin
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

fourside wrote:
Mythlin wrote:Your max RP is too low to forge it. Normally you need to be within 5 levels of the item you are trying to craft if you know the recipe. The current RP you have doesn't matter, its the MAX RP. You can still craft at 0 RP, you just might faint.
That's odd. I could've sworn that the recipe for Greenifier+ got greyed out after I used up all my RP making one.
Just checked and 0RP crafting was fine for me but it could have greyed out because one of the ingredients ran out.
Cheesejuju
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Where do i get golden turnip seeds? aside from doing quest o-o
Sirzechs
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Bright Knowledge wrote:I have looked and I seen nothing that tells me what gifts to give to Pico.
Pico and Dolce share a FP/LP bar. Dolce likes Puddings, cakes, and medicines.
fourside
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Mythlin wrote:
fourside wrote:
Just checked and 0RP crafting was fine for me but it could have greyed out because one of the ingredients ran out.
Nope. I distinctly remember having all the ingredients and wondering why it was greyed out. Maybe a glitch? I was thinking that it greyed out if you didn't have enough RP and HP to support it. Either you still had enough HP left to craft, or I'm wrong. I'm probably wrong. I'll go test it now.

EDIT: I tested it. You were right about that. I must've just been seeing things and it was never greyed out for that. :lol:
Last edited by fourside on Oct 09, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acolyte
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Oops sorry about the Pico question above - sleepy and I read it as Porco..
Mythlin wrote:
1. This is strange, they should lay 1 egg a day, check the barn more carefully? Is it sick? Tired? Mamadoodles also produce eggs.
Oops sorry you're right >.< Ended up taming one to test.
Bright Knowledge wrote:Is brushing, feeding and giving gifts to produce monsters enough to raise their producing levels, or do I have to raise their levels by having them battle?

What gifts do the woolies, cluckadoodles, and buffamoos like?

I have looked and I seen nothing that tells me what gifts to give to Pico.
Yup, I never bring my pets to battle and I stop brushing them for a while and stopped giving gifts and suddenly it produces (L) stuff.
To tame woolies, cluckadoodles, and bufamoos I just throw them random grasses I find, but as silly as it is, woolies like fur, cluckadoodles likes egg, buffamoos likes milk.
Mythlin
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

acolyte wrote:Oops sorry about the Pico question above - sleepy and I read it as Porco..
Mythlin wrote:
Oops sorry you're right >.< Ended up taming one to test.
Haha, the mamadoodle is a little weird, mine is long past the stage of producing large eggs but they are still medium. I suspect there's a third requirement besides level and FP where the animal needs to produce a certain amount of the previous tier of items before it advances to the next tier.
acolyte
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Mythlin wrote:Haha, the mamadoodle is a little weird, mine is long past the stage of producing large eggs but they are still medium. I suspect there's a third requirement besides level and FP where the animal needs to produce a certain amount of the previous tier of items before it advances to the next tier.
Btw my cow and chicken were at 4/5FP and lv100 when it starts producing (L) - I got sick of brushing it and it suddenly produce L one day - was surprised because I thought it had to be 10FP

Btw I just made my first Miracle tool XD tried to get as close to 5lv as you said.
But can you make Miracle tools and lv80+ cooking recipes _without_ the recipes??
Last edited by acolyte on Oct 09, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

So I just did the ending of the first arc & a monster dropped Love Potion.
I'm not familiar with the game, so I'm just wondering how it works?
I'd hate to misuse it :c