Rune Factory 4 - Questions, Answers and Info Thread

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
cami3368
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Can you grow crops in winter? I am approaching my first winter in a few in game days and want to plan ahead.

Also is there any way to separate stacks of items? Sometimes I just need to ship 1 thing but it is in a pile of 9.

Thanks for any help.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Ok,I'm seriously annoyed with that giant golem in rune prana 7. I would greatly appreciate if someone would help me with it. Any weapon tips? What element is the most effective against him? Also,what level should I be?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

cami3368 wrote:Can you grow crops in winter? I am approaching my first winter in a few in game days and want to plan ahead.

Also is there any way to separate stacks of items? Sometimes I just need to ship 1 thing but it is in a pile of 9.

Thanks for any help.
1- Yep,you can grow any crops in winter.
2- You can separate them by clicking on the stack with your stylus twice.
Kail-chan
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:
cami3368 wrote:Can you grow crops in winter? I am approaching my first winter in a few in game days and want to plan ahead.

Thanks for any help.
Although many things don't grow well in winter. Some things that do:
Iron Leaf (Flower)
Noel Grass (I think Flower)
Lamp Grass (Flower)

If you look at a seed bag it will say does not grow well in: -insert season-. As long as it doesn't say winter you should be okay to grow it at a normal speed.
cami3368
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Kail-chan wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:

Thanks for any help.
Iron Leaf (Flower)
Lamp Grass (Flower)

If you look at a seed bag it will say does not grow well in: -insert season-. As long as it doesn't say winter you should be okay to grow it at a normal speed.

So will the crops I have planted that haven't matured yet, will they keep growing into the winter? I have a sword flower and shield flower in the fields at the castle.
Kail-chan
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

cami3368 wrote:
Kail-chan wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:

Thanks for any help.
Iron Leaf (Flower)
Lamp Grass (Flower)

So will the crops I have planted that haven't matured yet, will they keep growing into the winter? I have a sword flower and shield flower in the fields at the castle.
Yes, I believe they will
Sirdawrq33431
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Don't know if this has already been asked, but I have lots of 4 Leaf clovers and am trying to find Rune Crystals, so I put the clovers on my hammer? Or do I make them into Happy Rings?
broken_angel
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Kail-chan wrote:
Fluuffy wrote:hello, newbie here => RF4 is my first rune factory game xD
can anyone tell me how to change your party's weapons and equipments? if you can actually change it?
and is there any weapon making guides around? Q~Q
2. There's this rune factory 4 wikia and it's pretty good. I'm in the process of double checking things on the list.

Hope this helps :)
While you're at it, maybe you (or someone else) could fill out the recipes a little more? ;D

The Wiki is missing a lot of higher-level recipes for basically everything except tools and swords, which is unfortunate because I'd like to equip Dylas and Leon with some good ~70 fists and spears. I found some level-appropriate recipes in Japanese, but they're pretty non-sensible when filtered through Google Translate.
Miku-chan
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Ok,I'm seriously annoyed with that giant golem in rune prana 7. I would greatly appreciate if someone would help me with it. Any weapon tips? What element is the most effective against him? Also,what level should I be?
Throw oil at the golem (to reduce its fire res) and burn it with fire magic. There should be a level 8 fireball in a chest somewhere, if you use it the battle will be much easier. It also works on Dead Tree 2 since it's weak to fire. Dash around since its rocket punch and whirl attack can be deadly. There's also a glove / fist skill that penetrates defense, but it's hard to fight the golem at close range once it turns red.

I beat it at level 187, but that's because of weapon hunt in Sharance Maze. You should be able to beat it at a lower level. Weapon was Mage Staff+, assisted by Green and Red.
Awkward Llama
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Oh « Harvest Goddess » I'm really sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there any other way to level up seeds other than cutting them with a sickle/randomly getting them after a harvest? Maybe I just have a really bad memory, but the highest I can seem to go is level 3.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'm getting annoy waiting for the sub event for arc 3, love to skip and sleep trick but don' t want to lose my farms. Also getting a lot of nice sub events.

Anyhow does rare can improve drop rate don't want to waste it till I'm sure.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

@ Llama
Some monsters drop seeds and you can find seeds in treasure chests and hidden around levels sometimes. But I'm not sure if they can drop high level seeds or if the seeds you find can go beyond the level you've earned yourself. So if your seeds are at 3 you only may be able to find level 3 seeds or lower. Also keep in mind that in order to get higher level seeds when cutting with a Sickle you need a good Sickle. So if your Sickle is made with a lower quality ore (like Iron or Bronze) you won't be able to go very high.
Kail-chan
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Googaboga wrote:@ Llama
Some monsters drop seeds and you can find seeds in treasure chests and hidden around levels sometimes. But I'm not sure if they can drop high level seeds or if the seeds you find can go beyond the level you've earned yourself. So if your seeds are at 3 you only may be able to find level 3 seeds or lower. Also keep in mind that in order to get higher level seeds when cutting with a Sickle you need a good Sickle. So if your Sickle is made with a lower quality ore (like Iron or Bronze) you won't be able to go very high.
You could also use some fertilizer because it says in it description : "helps soil raise higher level crops" I haven't personally tried it out but it might help.
broken_angel wrote:
Kail-chan wrote:
Fluuffy wrote:hello, newbie here => RF4 is my first rune factory game xD
can anyone tell me how to change your party's weapons and equipments? if you can actually change it?
and is there any weapon making guides around? Q~Q
2. There's this rune factory 4 wikia and it's pretty good. I'm in the process of double checking things on the list.

Hope this helps :)
While you're at it, maybe you (or someone else) could fill out the recipes a little more? ;D

The Wiki is missing a lot of higher-level recipes for basically everything except tools and swords, which is unfortunate because I'd like to equip Dylas and Leon with some good ~70 fists and spears. I found some level-appropriate recipes in Japanese, but they're pretty non-sensible when filtered through Google Translate.

I will make this my goal for tonight! Ive noticed its missing some things as well, I'm just on mobile right now so I have to wait until I get home in an hour -_-
Fuinur
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Anyone know how to get past the trees south of the delirum lava ruins?
heres a image of what i'm talking about

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xli8bl2x361ph ... tled-1.jpg
Awkward Llama
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

@Googa and Kail: Thanks so much for your help! I haven't really tried upgrading my sickle at all and I totally forgot that fertilizer even exists. Hopefully I'll have some higher-level crops now, haha.