XSEED Games Localization Blog Discussion

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

While it's easier to read, my eyes still hurt from reading it.
Gothicat
Disabled: By request

Post  Posted:

I'm glad Lisette gets to keep her name, I'm not overly fond of the name Carolina and it just didn't fit for her.

The things I'm hoping they address in the next update is whether or not the game will come with all the DLC already, and if the 6 character limit on names is gone.
FoolishGhoul
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Yeah I'm not really a fan of the font either. It seems like an unusual choice to make regarding it, like I haven't seen that type of font used in a modern game in a long time. I'm sure I'll get used to it as I play the game and it'll grow on me, or at least not bother me as much. But as of rn I'm not a fan of it
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I have not-so-good eyesight and I really appreciate this font. Story of Seasons itself was okay, but it was inconsistent across the 3DS family line, looking rather blurry on the larger screen systems to me, and there were instances where the text would be enlarged even more (like Fritz hollerin' at the MC) and that was a mess.

It reminds me of something I've seen before but I'm not sure in what game. I will say that the kerning seems off (especially with lower-case "i" and "l" being too left-justified), but it is way more legible to me than many other fonts used recently for 3DS games. DQVII 3DSin particular had an awful a/e problem. Hopefully that's something that can still be fixed in 3oT and won't make it past QA.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Gothicat wrote:I'm glad Lisette gets to keep her name, I'm not overly fond of the name Carolina and it just didn't fit for her.

The things I'm hoping they address in the next update is whether or not the game will come with all the DLC already, and if the 6 character limit on names is gone.
The 6 character limit they don't have control over. It'll more than likely still be in the game.
Autumn_Song
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:So, any estimates as to when they'll release in NA?
Late February? At least that's what I'm hoping for. I'll be fair here and change it to April. Lol.
They said there's 2 million characters and they average about 125,000 a month. That makes it 16 months from whenever they started and I can't remember when they did. Unless they hired extra people to get it done faster, it's gonna be a bit. I would definitely not hope for February at all.
LiliaoftheWind
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

It bums me to say it, but the font's boldness, and text bothers me as well. Reading things in bold doesn't bother me when it's surrounded in normal font, but the constant bold actually strains my eyes. With working on computers during the day, my eyes don't need anymore strain when I get home and try to relax.

Basically, I was okay with the font that the used until I saw Kasumi's dialogue. Three lines of dialogue doesn't look right with the changes they've made. The words look all squished together and yet the bottom line looks like it's struggling to stay inside the white part of the dialogue box. The spacing is also awful. The syl in syllables has been compressed while the rest of the word there's spacing.

As far as the color of the font goes, it seems like a nice change. The color goes well with the rest of the dialogue box's color scheme. Also, it matches the Japanese version of the game, so it's all good with me.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Autumn_Song wrote:
Shan O 123 wrote:
Late February? At least that's what I'm hoping for. I'll be fair here and change it to April. Lol.
They said there's 2 million characters and they average about 125,000 a month. That makes it 16 months from whenever they started and I can't remember when they did. Unless they hired extra people to get it done faster, it's gonna be a bit. I would definitely not hope for February at all.
I wish we know the date though, I hate waiting lol.
GemiMini
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

For me, the bold is the worst part of the font. But at the same time, it's readable, and that's all I really care about. I wasn't a fan of the font of the original SoS when I first saw it, but I ended up getting used to it and it doesn't bother me at all now. I'm hoping that I'll just get used to it.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Autumn_Song wrote:
Shan O 123 wrote:
Chances are they started when the game came out in Japan or a little before then.
kristaok
Banned: Trolling

Post  Posted:

I learned some Japanese years ago in my teens but after my mom died and I got ptsd I forgot it... :/ I wish I knew enough to play the game early.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

kristaok wrote:I learned some Japanese years ago in my teens but after my mom died and I got ptsd I forgot it... :/ I wish I knew enough to play the game early.
Do what I do and watch let's plays.
PeachyKeen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

the font looks like Impact font to be that you'd use for a header if anything.
hope they change it, but its not a dealbreaker. hoping for some money for christmas so i can preorder the game!
*LaI*
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I'm hoping I won't notice it too much in game, but the "i" and "l" bug me a lot in the screenshots. It's like they are aligned to the left and leave weird spaces in the words. Other than that the font seems nice enough.
hanajimaismycat
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Font is fine by me and I wear bifocals and game for 8-9 hours straight sometimes. I'd hate for the release to get delayed due to negative response to their blog :(