English Release Questions

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Jelly Jello
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hello Guys I have a question, If the english version gets released will the updates be included or not?
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

I would guess the bug fixes would be included in the English version without the need for the updates, but whether the rest of the feature are included is up to XSeed to determine. There hasn't been any official statement confirming if Hamtaro will be in the game, whether Sephanie and Woofio are available without an additional download, and so on.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hopes for the best I guess?
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I like to think they'd include all of the updates in the English version, it would be strange to leave them out.
gossipstone
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Terra575 wrote:I like to think they'd include all of the updates in the English version, it would be strange to leave them out.
I kind of think the same thing too, but the updates mostly have to do with added dialogue (meaning more to translate), and there have been a fair few since launch. It all depends on how many translators they have working and how much dialogue has actually been added in.

I'm curious to see how future content updates (in the form of events) will be handled.
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

True, nothing is guaranteed. HM games have differed between translation versions before, so it could definitely happen agian. The most annoying change that comes to mind is the price of the town cottage in FoMT, but HMDS had some disappointing changes too.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Considering that xseed is a part of (in some form) of Marv and they communicate and translating/localizing is done in-house, im sure they probably had an idea that they're would be updates/dlc and planned accordingly. Translation will take extra time, but considering how they work I just feel like they'd rather wait for release longer to release the whole package versus translate/update as they go.

Can't 100% confirm obv but I figure itd be easier to just wait and release the game with the updated content already on, versus spread it out. But I'm not a game localized sooooo. Hope for the best
Autumn_Song
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Blue Rose wrote:Considering that xseed is a part of (in some form) of Marv and they communicate and translating/localizing is done in-house, im sure they probably had an idea that they're would be updates/dlc and planned accordingly. Translation will take extra time, but considering how they work I just feel like they'd rather wait for release longer to release the whole package versus translate/update as they go.

Can't 100% confirm obv but I figure itd be easier to just wait and release the game with the updated content already on, versus spread it out. But I'm not a game localized sooooo. Hope for the best
The only reason I can see them deciding to release and translate as they go is if more and more DLC comes out and at a point they're like, well « Cow Poopoo » this'll never go out at this rate. :shock: Otherwise I'd agree they'd probably try their bests to do it in one big package.
MageDragonfire
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Autumn_Song wrote:The only reason I can see them deciding to release and translate as they go is if more and more DLC comes out and at a point they're like, well « Cow Poopoo » this'll never go out at this rate. :shock: Otherwise I'd agree they'd probably try their bests to do it in one big package.
Really, it depends on how they approach it, and the timing involved in going gold/manufacturing/etc. Sometimes, English DLC/updates will still be released some time after the initial release of the game, even if the DLC was already available in Japan months before the English game release (Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice is a recent example where this happened).

I don't think we'll know until we have more information from the localisation team!
Autumn_Song
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

MageDragonfire wrote:
Autumn_Song wrote:The only reason I can see them deciding to release and translate as they go is if more and more DLC comes out and at a point they're like, well « Cow Poopoo » this'll never go out at this rate. :shock: Otherwise I'd agree they'd probably try their bests to do it in one big package.
Really, it depends on how they approach it, and the timing involved in going gold/manufacturing/etc. Sometimes, English DLC/updates will still be released some time after the initial release of the game, even if the DLC was already available in Japan months before the English game release (Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice is a recent example where this happened).

I don't think we'll know until we have more information from the localisation team!
Exactly, we just gotta wait. Anyways I'd rather it take longer and get less weird translation errors than have them speed it up and end up with a LOT of them.