Names

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Does anyone know how many spaces we will get for names? The usual 6? I hope more...
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Far as I know it's the usual six.
Autumn_Song
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

It's six. Localization cannot fix that unless they get permission from Marvelous to change the limit-it's a programming thing, not a translation thing. In Japanese, 6 letters can get you up to a 12 letter name in Roman letters. Obviously that does not translate well to English letters to start off, but that's unfortunately not something XSeed can really do anything about.
Pumpkin Queen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'd love to have room for 8 characters myself. Still, six isn't too bad. Especially since I remember from the NES days when you only had a measley FOUR characters to name people back then!
Autumn_Song
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Pumpkin Queen wrote:I'd love to have room for 8 characters myself. Still, six isn't too bad. Especially since I remember from the NES days when you only had a measley FOUR characters to name people back then!
I'd love to have more too, but six is pretty good (though I never played NES).

My real first name is nine letters so if I ever wanted to use it I couldn't with the six, but I don't tend to do so so it's a moot point anyhow.
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Autumn_Song wrote:It's six. Localization cannot fix that unless they get permission from Marvelous to change the limit-it's a programming thing, not a translation thing. In Japanese, 6 letters can get you up to a 12 letter name in Roman letters. Obviously that does not translate well to English letters to start off, but that's unfortunately not something XSeed can really do anything about.
Oh, that's really interesting, I never knew that. Makes sense now why HM games have shorter name slots...
Six is decent though, a lot of names I pick end up being five letters anyway.