Beating the game as a boy?

Harvest Moon: Boy Meets Girl for Gameboy Color. [ Game Guide ]
Justinisakitten
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Okay, so i downloaded the game on the 3DS VC and I have a problem. I can't beat the game as a boy. I married the girl, and got three of each animal and shipped a lot of crops throughout my entire play through. But my objective is still failing and it keeps sending me to the credits. Am I doing something wrong? Someone please help!
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

First, I recommend you check out Cher's guide http://fogu.com/hm3/ for the specifics of beating the game; she has a ton of info.
In my own playthroughs as the boy farmer where I successfully beat the game, some of the things I did that may have helped my farm reputation were: having the max of 8 of each kind animal, trying to get animals to max affection, entering horses into the horse races, and selling lots of animal products and crops. I also tried to befriend everyone, fished quite a bit, filled the aquarium, and sold things at the farmer's market on the mainland, though I don't remember specifically if those things helped, but they didn't hurt. :) Hope some of that helps.